JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

De Jong

+5
Bully 9
QBVILLA
jpr60
villanfromluton
Bedshammer
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

De Jong - Page 2 Empty Re: De Jong

Post  jpr60 Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:43 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:I was listening to Alan Brazil on talksport this morning and he was saying the players today are nowhere near as dirty as the ones of his era.

They're just much more sly. Suspect

And effin dangerous!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:09 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Jak, was listening to talksport yesterday and they had Stewart Robson on.IMO he's an excellent pundit.He reckons that the quality of the pitches has a lot to do with the severity of the injuries we get nowadays.He said because there is no give in the pitch a player who has his standing foot planted is almost certain to suffer a break.
IMO football is nowhere near as dirty nowadays as it was even 15 years ago.Adams,Bould,Hurlock,Ruddock,Jones,McMahon,Van Der Hauwe,Keane,Fashanu were all dirty players to name just a few.

I've heard a few people mention this, it seems to make sense to me.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:43 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Jak, was listening to talksport yesterday and they had Stewart Robson on.IMO he's an excellent pundit.He reckons that the quality of the pitches has a lot to do with the severity of the injuries we get nowadays.He said because there is no give in the pitch a player who has his standing foot planted is almost certain to suffer a break.
IMO football is nowhere near as dirty nowadays as it was even 15 years ago.Adams,Bould,Hurlock,Ruddock,Jones,McMahon,Van Der Hauwe,Keane,Fashanu were all dirty players to name just a few.

It does. Explains why there's so few major injuries in the Sunday Leagues where the tackling is a lot rougher. The lightweight boots are being blamed for the metatarsal breaks as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
villainies wrote:

It does. Explains why there's so few major injuries in the Sunday Leagues where the tackling is a lot rougher. The lightweight boots are being blamed for the metatarsal breaks as well.

And there was I thinking that it was the impact between a lower limb (usually, except when De Jong is playing in the World Cup) and the studs of a football boot arriving at speed, driven by a 12-stone cnut who really should know better!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:50 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
villainies wrote:

And there was I thinking that it was the impact between a lower limb (usually, except when De Jong is playing in the World Cup) and the studs of a football boot arriving at speed, driven by a 12-stone cnut who really should know better!

Replace 12 with 20, and you've summed up Sunday league tackling from my experience.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum