JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carew hails Houllier regime

+2
QBVILLA
Jay.P.A
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Carew hails Houllier regime Empty Carew hails Houllier regime

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Carew hails Houllier regime Empty Re: Carew hails Houllier regime

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 am

All a bit too technical for me

He´s using expressions like "training" "tactics" "possession play" "organisation"

WTF is that all about?

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:49 am

Be interesting to see what carew has to say when Houllier sells him in the summer
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:54 am

Isn´t his contract up at the end of the season?

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:03 am

dunno
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:50 am

QBVILLA wrote:Be interesting to see what carew has to say when Houllier sells him in the summer

January aint in summer, you dopey fceker
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:39 am

Lionheart wrote:All a bit too technical for me

He´s using expressions like "training" "tactics" "possession play" "organisation"

WTF is that all about?

Frikkin absolutely right, lets get back to long ball, gets some cup runs in, get to wembley. finish 6th, wow that was heaven......as we will see Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 am

Lion has a point.. long run possesion football gets you somewhere.. it was great finishing 6th under Oneil and looking at te state the prem we wont finish far off 6th again.. add a few class player who can create and we will playing some good stuff..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:11 pm

The only good stuff you know about is the crap you have been smoking.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Ringo wrote:The only good stuff you know about is the crap you have been smoking.

Or the 'crap' you keep on talking cheers
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:04 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Lion has a point.. long run possesion football gets you somewhere.. it was great finishing 6th under Oneil and looking at te state the prem we wont finish far off 6th again.. add a few class player who can create and we will playing some good stuff..

You may be right, time will tell, one thing is for sure, i don't agree with Lion's point using the Chelsea game as a reference, top sides form can plummet and sore in the space of 90mins, especially when they backed up against European games, happens all the time, the real test is when you come up against bread and butter side like Sunderland who judge there own seasons success on beating sides like Aston Villa.

This next game is a must 3 pointer for Villa if we are going in the right direction, Sunderland are distinctly bread and butter, not so much the butter though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Malachite wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Lion has a point.. long run possesion football gets you somewhere.. it was great finishing 6th under Oneil and looking at te state the prem we wont finish far off 6th again.. add a few class player who can create and we will playing some good stuff..

You may be right, time will tell, one thing is for sure, i don't agree with Lion's point using the Chelsea game as a reference, top sides form can plummet and sore in the space of 90mins, especially when they backed up against European games, happens all the time, the real test is when you come up against bread and butter side like Sunderland who judge there own seasons success on beating sides like Aston Villa.

This next game is a must 3 pointer for Villa if we are going in the right direction, Sunderland are distinctly bread and butter, not so much the butter though.

Malachite

Surely the difference was that at least Villa were not now ashamed to take on a "Big 4" team at football

Why should we be?

Any victory under the MON regime would always be tarnished by the playing style - and would never be fully acknowledged because we lowered ourselves to the level of the Hulls, Boltons, Blackburns etc - our club must always be above that

I have posted previously that I gratefully accepted it when Graham Taylor used it to relaunch the club but he did so from the low ebb of relegation - MON never had any such excuses only his total lack of football knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Lion:

I think its fair to say we have given the top 4 a torrid time under MON, except in one game last season we where hammered by Chelsea, but that's not generally the case, the top 4 have always come to Villa park with a huge note of caution about there football.

Chelsea bordered on the pathetic v Villa, they lacked anything and everything up front, that's not to say even if they had been at full strength we would still not got a draw, its a fair bet that if Lampard and Drogba been in the side we would have lost.

Have to say Lion, i have seen very little difference in the Villa side this far, the difference i have seen is in terms of effort, we don't seem to be caving towards the end of a game, perhaps that because our fitness levels may be higher, i would also say there possibly seems to be a slightly better understanding by the players in terms of tactics and what the manager wants, this is born out on the field of play in that we are now seeing Houllier type football, hard working, maximum effort, but IMO boring football.

That said its early days but this next game will say loads.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Lionheart wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Malachite

Surely the difference was that at least Villa were not now ashamed to take on a "Big 4" team at football

Why should we be?

Any victory under the MON regime would always be tarnished by the playing style - and would never be fully acknowledged because we lowered ourselves to the level of the Hulls, Boltons, Blackburns etc - our club must always be above that

I have posted previously that I gratefully accepted it when Graham Taylor used it to relaunch the club but he did so from the low ebb of relegation - MON never had any such excuses only his total lack of football knowledge

Why not ask AV how he felt leaving Old Trafford,the Emirates and Anfield with the three points, and also the 4-4 at Stamford Bridge?
You're talking cack Lion
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:54 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Malachite

Why should we be?

Why not ask AV how he felt leaving Old Trafford,the Emirates and Anfield with the three points, and also the 4-4 at Stamford Bridge?
You're talking cack Lion

Its all about style

I wouldn´t expect a Yam Yam to understand that

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Lionheart wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Malachite

Why should we be?

You're talking cack Lion

Its all about style

I wouldn´t expect a Yam Yam to understand that

Did you see any of those games i have mentioned? Villa played extremely well on all those occasions and deservedly picked up the three points.There was no smash and grab raids.I realise that you feel the need to slag O'neill off at every opportunity even though he is no longer at the helm and as for Houllier.....The football Liverpool played in his last 18 months at the club was downright diabolical.
As for style, i have in abundance.Ask Lutes, my dungarees compliment my straw hat beautifully
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:08 pm

QB

I have read things on various newspaper sites with reports about recent Villa games plus interviews with players where there is constant reference to a change to a more technical game

I never once touted Houllier as Villa´s saviour and would have preferred others - however whoever it would have been - the style of play would have to have been better

I know I go on about it but Villa were in the OPTA stats bottom 5 for passing every season under MON despite spending millions

A very passionate manager but ultimately pig shit thick - you pay your money and take your choice - would ANY Villa fan not want the team to play like Arsenal?

The harsh fact is that MON would not have a clue about how you make a team play like Arsenal do

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:16 pm

Lionheart wrote:QB

I have read things on various newspaper sites with reports about recent Villa games plus interviews with players where there is constant reference to a change to a more technical game

I never once touted Houllier as Villa´s saviour and would have preferred others - however whoever it would have been - the style of play would have to have been better

I know I go on about it but Villa were in the OPTA stats bottom 5 for passing every season under MON despite spending millions

A very passionate manager but ultimately pig shit thick - you pay your money and take your choice - would ANY Villa fan not want the team to play like Arsenal?

The harsh fact is that MON would not have a clue about how you make a team play like Arsenal do

Give it a fecking rest.I couldn't give a flying feck about opta stats for passing.The only stats that matter in sport are results and whatever pap you come out with O'Neill delivered three 6th place finishes and our best points total in the prem since 92/93.Also his clueless management saw us get our best goals haul for 30 years, fecking boring season that was.I have spent years watching Villa and christ knows how much money in the process and apart from the 92/93 season the O'neill era was the best i've seen.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:22 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Lionheart wrote:QB

Give it a fecking rest.I couldn't give a flying feck about opta stats for passing.The only stats that matter in sport are results and whatever pap you come out with O'Neill delivered three 6th place finishes and our best points total in the prem since 92/93.Also his clueless management saw us get our best goals haul for 30 years, fecking boring season that was.I have spent years watching Villa and christ knows how much money in the process and apart from the 92/93 season the O'neill era was the best i've seen.

Or the other stats like

Having spent more money than anyone in the clubs history he never finished higher than any of his predecessors other than Venglos

QB

We missed a big chance with MON

Randy´s millions with someone like Co Adriense in charge would have seen people talking positively about our playing style and CL games by now - HONEST

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Why do you continually recycle the same argument about money? Yet never acknowledge that whilst Villa spent so did every other fecking club? Had we seen O'Neill spend a load of cash while our competitors spent next to nothing then i'd be agreeing with you, however as we all know that wasn't the case. My guess is simply because you can't justify your argument,the same tedious ramblings just keep on coming back.Go on tell us how great O'leary was Sleep
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:31 pm

We should have got Mowbray in, now his teams always play good football, fcek it if they are shite
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:41 pm

villanfromluton wrote:We should have got Mowbray in, now his teams always play good football, fcek it if they are shite

A great pity you didnt Very Happy
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Finn wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:We should have got Mowbray in, now his teams always play good football, fcek it if they are shite

Finn as you know i work with a lot of nosers and everyone i speak to are talking about relegation for your lot and are citing McLeish's decision to go from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 as teh main reason.What do you reckon?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Finn wrote:

Finn as you know i work with a lot of nosers and everyone i speak to are talking about relegation for your lot and are citing McLeish's decision to go from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 as teh main reason.What do you reckon?

My predictions say it all QB, he is negativity personified and it really wouldnt suprise me.

The chinks wont take any shit, he'll be gone by christmas if he doesnt attract the missing 10000 back and get us into mid table safety.
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Finn wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Finn wrote:

My predictions say it all QB, he is negativity personified and it really wouldnt suprise me.

The chinks wont take any shit, he'll be gone by christmas if he doesnt attract the missing 10000 back and get us into mid table safety.

Didnt realise your attendances were that bad Finn.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum