JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Carroll to start against France

+6
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
ADRIAN_1976
villanfromluton
jak
jpr60
MrMagoo
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Andy Carroll to start against France - Page 2 Empty Re: Andy Carroll to start against France

Post  Bedshammer Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 pm

I've fallen asleep twice.........
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Andy Carroll to start against France - Page 2 Empty Re: Andy Carroll to start against France

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:42 pm

jak wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Wilshere, Albrighton, and Carroll have about 30 top level games between them. Give them a couple of years before saying they're the future...

They ARE the future, if we like it or not!!!

Well if the players on the pitch tonight represent our future, then we're in a pretty shite one.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
jak wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Wilshere, Albrighton, and Carroll have about 30 top level games between them. Give them a couple of years before saying they're the future...

Well if the players on the pitch tonight represent our future, then we're in a pretty shite one.

Well if Cattermole is our future, we are well and truly fceked. l
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:47 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

He's had 3 good solid seasons in the Premiership, Wilshere and Henderson don't have one between them. That was my point. Looking at this game, it's obvious the likes of Carroll, Henderson, and Gibbs are currently not good enough to play international football. Maybe in a couple of seasons they will be, let them learn their trade instead of battering their confidence getting spanked by the fcuking French.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Peter Crouch just woke me up,
Shocked
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:52 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

He's had 3 good solid seasons in the Premiership, Wilshere and Henderson don't have one between them. That was my point. Looking at this game, it's obvious the likes of Carroll, Henderson, and Gibbs are currently not good enough to play international football. Maybe in a couple of seasons they will be, let them learn their trade instead of battering their confidence getting spanked by the fcuking French.

Bollox was that your point Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:54 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

Bollox was that your point Very Happy

Didn't say he should be called up, said he's more deserving of a call-up. If you're too dopey to understand what I meant............. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Either every person reading this are too dopey to understand what you meant, or you are once again talking out your fuckin hoop.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Thought the French at times where nothing short of excellent also bearing in mind just a few short months ago they fell apart, thought Nasri was brilliant, real class.

England, desperate, if thats our young players coming through where deep in it, took a vet like Crouch to come on and stir the side into belief.

Capello should go now if he has any conscience.

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:33 pm

That was a comprehensive beating. We can't rely on too many youngsters.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Ok the young lads didnt do well but you cant expect them to gel after one game FFS.. i still would rather we got rid of the old brigade and started with a new crop.. there is talent there.. but its gonna take if it is going to happen at all.. the catermole idea was more in the fact we dont have a ball winner.. and there arent many other around.. n sometimes a player does well for his country but i wouldnt play him ahead of Wilkshire or Rodwell..

As for tonight.. so a team who were shitter then us have got there house in order already.. got rid of the dead wood and brought in young players in.. the fact is we have the best league in the world.. but when it comes to producing techincall palyers who can hold the ball play it around we are shit.. hence why we havent won anything in 44 years.. and untill we get the bascis right we wont win shit for another 44years
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:08 am

villainies wrote:That was a comprehensive beating. We can't rely on too many youngsters.

Shall we rely on the lads that couldnt score against Algeria and got BATTERED 4-1 by a German team who started of wiht youngsters and stuck with them...
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:24 am

roadoftrinity wrote:Either every person reading this are too dopey to understand what you meant, or you are once again talking out your fuckin hoop.

Laughing
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:47 am

Get Arry in, will improve England until he gets banged up and as a double whammy, will fcek the Spuds up cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:56 am

villanfromluton wrote:Get Arry in, will improve England until he gets banged up and as a double whammy, will fcek the Spuds up cheers

Very Happy
I like that idea!
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:14 pm

I thought Carroll did OK - we knew what we were getting and he put himself about, knocked a few balls down and gave the French central defence a hard battle BUT there wasn't much coming through for him by way of support. I also thought Gibbs did OK - he won his tackles and tried to get forward but it was the going forward that England were poor at last night. Barry, carp - Gerrard likewise, the new lad worked away but was not in a midfield that allowed him to make much of an impact.
Some stats came up after around 65 minutes of the match, including a foul count. France had been blown up for 13 fouls, England just two. Now I'm not celebrating foul play here but, after more than an hour played and you've only committed two fouls? Sorry, that's uncompetitive in the extreme and it was the lack of fire that was most noticeable from that England display last night. We know we're not much good tecnically - aside from Jack Wilshere I can't think of any English player who's got the skills that many of the French seemed to have in abundance last evening - but, given that we're playing old-fashioned English football (i.e. big bloke up front - Carroll/Crouch - knock it up to him) you'd expect a bit of oomph, bit of determination, close the opposition down, fight for every ball - we hardly got within a yard of the opposition! In a nutshell? An effin' shambles!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:50 pm

The real problem is that England simply cannot keep possession of the football. We cannot pass to our own players.
This leaves us, technically, way behind the top international sides.
They've got to stop running around like chickens with their heads cut off, continually making unforced errors and pick the pass better.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:57 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Ok the young lads didnt do well but you cant expect them to gel after one game FFS.. i still would rather we got rid of the old brigade and started with a new crop.. there is talent there.. but its gonna take if it is going to happen at all.. the catermole idea was more in the fact we dont have a ball winner.. and there arent many other around.. n sometimes a player does well for his country but i wouldnt play him ahead of Wilkshire or Rodwell..

As for tonight.. so a team who were shitter then us have got there house in order already.. got rid of the dead wood and brought in young players in.. the fact is we have the best league in the world.. but when it comes to producing techincall palyers who can hold the ball play it around we are shit.. hence why we havent won anything in 44 years.. and untill we get the bascis right we wont win shit for another 44years

It will have to be a mix of young and old, blind enthusiasm and experience, whats particularly desperate for me is how we cling on to any hope we can grab onto, last night it was Carrol who was distinctly average at best, and when Crouch came on and instantly scored it wasn't a case of him getting the service and Carrol didn't it was a case of one player knowing how to move and when to move to meet the cross, experience, i'm not a Crouch fan but watch his movement for the cross, speaks loads, if we have to rely on players like Henderson and Gibbs at this point we are sunk without trace, they have got huge amounts to learn before they can compete at that level, worth remembering that the French where trying out just as many youngsters as us.

We have to play to our strengths, we don't have the kind of first touch and technical skill, passing ability that your Nasri come other French or Spanish players and many others etc etc have, so what do we have, we have an attribute that no other national side can compete with, raw pace, for me the overwhelming event on that pitch that screamed the direction England should be going in was when Walcott turned Mexes and left him for dead, took another French player to cover to stop him, Ok its the only thing Walcott did, that's not the point I'm making, for me its simple, the minute we start shaping a team around the likes of Walcott, Agbonlahor, Lennon, Rooney ( who will flourish with Gabby), Ash Young, drafting in 1 or 2 of the old guard to strengthen the midfield, fast full backs like Cole and Johnson to get forward, hit teams hard, we have a chance. Yes it not going to be pretty football, akin to Mike Tyson as a boxer, get in there and bang, see what happens scenario.

You can have all the big men up front all the Defoe's you want, it won't make any difference, because everybody else has got those only better, much better. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:14 am

"Get in there and bang" is just what we've been trying to do for far too long now.
International football needs the appliance of science.
The crash bang wallop approach just will not work today.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:36 am

jak wrote:"Get in there and bang" is just what we've been trying to do for far too long now.

I agree.Back on topic, what are your thoughts on the England team?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:47 am

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:"Get in there and bang" is just what we've been trying to do for far too long now.

I agree.Back on topic, what are your thoughts on the England team?

Well, QB. I've given it some thought and I think they're all too tall. Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:54 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:IMO Cattermole is more deserving of a call up than Wilshere and Henderson.

Nice one, Jesus. You REALLY hooked a few with that one. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:47 pm

I would love to see where we have been playing direct pacey football because from what i can see what we have been playing is the good old long ball from the back either out wide and then the big cross in for the traditional centre forward or the long ball from deep short circuiting the midfield and targeting the big man up front.

What I'm talking about is playing to our strength, we have players that have the kind of pace that can turn defenders, leave them eating dust and the only thing between them and a goal is the ability to do just that, score, and of course a goalkeeper, as mentioned and as with Walcott the other night.

If you actually think we are going to develop players in the English game that can play the sweet killer pass and one touch football with speed and dynamism with the kind of skill the French did on Wednesday, well I'll put it politely, we ain't don't it in 100 years, it isn't going to happen any time soon, put simply we don't have that, never will, what we do have are players that can go direct like Ash Young, like Walcott, like Rooney like Agbonlahor, basically one trick ponies, the only way they know how to play football is route 1, give Ashley Young the ball and the first and last thing he will try to do is take on the player in front of him and go for goal or put the ball directly into the danger area, he as a silicone chip in his head that says, when you receive the ball dribble around every player in front of you until you absolutely without doubt finally have to pass the ball, and even then if you can take it to the by-line and cross into the box, you must do that. Lennons the same, how may times did you see Johnson pick up the ball and go direct for goal, every time the other night, its what we do.

Its what we are best at, and its what we must develope, my point use this pace and hit teams hard, last time we played a friendly against the Germans we did just that and ran them of the park (2009 i think) the Germans tried to adapt the same kind of play at the World Cup whilst we went back to the traditional long ball game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:47 pm

I would love to see where we have been playing direct pacey football because from what i can see what we have been playing is the good old long ball from the back either out wide and then the big cross in for the traditional centre forward or the long ball from deep short circuiting the midfield and targeting the big man up front.

What I'm talking about is playing to our strength, we have players that have the kind of pace that can turn defenders, leave them eating dust and the only thing between them and a goal is the ability to do just that, score, and of course a goalkeeper, as mentioned and as with Walcott the other night.

If you actually think we are going to develop players in the English game that can play the sweet killer pass and one touch football with speed and dynamism with the kind of skill the French did on Wednesday, well I'll put it politely, we ain't don't it in 100 years, it isn't going to happen any time soon, put simply we don't have that, never will, what we do have are players that can go direct like Ash Young, like Walcott, like Rooney like Agbonlahor, basically one trick ponies, the only way they know how to play football is route 1, give Ashley Young the ball and the first and last thing he will try to do is take on the player in front of him and go for goal or put the ball directly into the danger area, he as a silicone chip in his head that says, when you receive the ball dribble around every player in front of you until you absolutely without doubt finally have to pass the ball, and even then if you can take it to the by-line and cross into the box, you must do that. Lennons the same, how may times did you see Johnson pick up the ball and go direct for goal, every time the other night, its what we do.

Its what we are best at, and its what we must develope, my point use this pace and hit teams hard, last time we played a friendly against the Germans we did just that and ran them of the park (2009 i think) the Germans tried to adapt the same kind of play at the World Cup whilst we went back to the traditional long ball game.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Mal, it aint difficult to pass a ball to someone in your own colours, it really isn't.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next