JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carling Cup Semi Final

5 posters

Go down

Carling Cup Semi Final Empty Carling Cup Semi Final

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:54 pm

I've just read that because of what happened after the quarter final v Villa, West Midlands police have cut West Ham's ticket allocation from 3,800 to 2,800. Surely it should be the home fan's allocation to be cut? Grr.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Carling Cup Semi Final Empty Re: Carling Cup Semi Final

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Surely better organised policing and stewards would have been the answer, why should we suffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Excellent news.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:11 pm

I doubt I'll bother going now. Feck 'em.
Will pick up our tickets for the home leg on Saturday though, and if we do get through to the final, I think ST holders are guaranteed a ticket.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Bedshammer wrote:I doubt I'll bother going now. Feck 'em.
Will pick up our tickets for the home leg on Saturday though, and if we do get through to the final, I think ST holders are guaranteed a ticket.

I think we had about 30 000 tickets I think for the Carling Cup final.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:18 pm

When we had the FA Cup final against the fake scousers I was/still am only a member and I couldn't get a ticket still Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:19 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:

I think we had about 30 000 tickets I think for the Carling Cup final.

That's what I was told. West Ham have (I think) about 25,000 season ticket holders. There are more corporate tickets for the FA Cup Final.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:20 pm

englishhammer wrote:

When we had the FA Cup final against the fake scousers I was/still am only a member and I couldn't get a ticket still Crying or Very sad

See my last post. Different allocation.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:22 pm

But I thought you weren't going to be robbed of the opportunity to see your team reach the final?

You originally said that your allocation was 3000 didn't you?

If you were wanting to go when you thought there were 3000 tickets, how come just 200 fewer tickets has changed your mind?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Tilton wrote:

But I thought you weren't going to be robbed of the opportunity to see your team reach the final?

You originally said that your allocation was 3000 didn't you?

If you were wanting to go when you thought there were 3000 tickets, how come just 200 fewer tickets has changed your mind?

We were told at first it was 3,800. I expect I'll give it a go (despite grumpily saying I won't - you got me there!), but I don't know if I'll have enough priority points now. I've never applied for tickets this way before and I'm not too sure how it works, apart from sending off the form & the money by recorded delivery.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Ah, I was going on what you posted on the WH board saying 3000 with possibly another 400 depending on segregation.

Good luck anyway. I hope you get tickets but go home disappointed.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Bedshammer wrote:I've just read that because of what happened after the quarter final v Villa, West Midlands police have cut West Ham's ticket allocation from 3,800 to 2,800. Surely it should be the home fan's allocation to be cut? Grr.

They watched your lot pitch invading and fighting last year and thought you might get up to no good with the blues monkeys too. No
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:43 pm

villainies wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:I've just read that because of what happened after the quarter final v Villa, West Midlands police have cut West Ham's ticket allocation from 3,800 to 2,800. Surely it should be the home fan's allocation to be cut? Grr.

They watched your lot pitch invading and fighting last year and thought you might get up to no good with the blues monkeys too. No

Oddly enough, for that fixture the met police told us to leave the TB Upper Stand (home fans) empty and to allow only 1,500 tickets to Millwall. They then decided that they only needed a third as many police at the fixture as was needed for the Spurs game earlier that week. (Lunchtime kickoff). They had ONE policewoman on duty at Upton Park station. They made West Ham let in 500 ticketless Millwall fans at half time to "defuse" the situation. They promptly ripped out seats trashed a toilet block and defecated on the floor. Carlton Cole was the subject of racist abuse. There was NO fighting inside the ground, or flares etc thrown, and the pitch invasion was a few windowlickers and completely non violent. What it did do, and I don't condone it at all, was impede play.
There is no comparison between that night and last week's fixture, and the Met have never yet explained how so many Millwall fans were allowed to gather in the area, probably because they contributed to it with some of the decisions they took that night, including reports from BT police of large numbers of Millwall fans using the tube/rail network.

Good luck in Birmingham when Millwall play the Blues in the FA Cup.....
affraid
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Tilton wrote:Ah, I was going on what you posted on the WH board saying 3000 with possibly another 400 depending on segregation.

Good luck anyway. I hope you get tickets but go home disappointed.

I think I'd prefer to be disappointed not to get tickets, but happy with the result..........
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
villainies wrote:

Oddly enough, for that fixture the met police told us to leave the TB Upper Stand (home fans) empty and to allow only 1,500 tickets to Millwall. They then decided that they only needed a third as many police at the fixture as was needed for the Spurs game earlier that week. (Lunchtime kickoff). They had ONE policewoman on duty at Upton Park station. They made West Ham let in 500 ticketless Millwall fans at half time to "defuse" the situation. They promptly ripped out seats trashed a toilet block and defecated on the floor. Carlton Cole was the subject of racist abuse. There was NO fighting inside the ground, or flares etc thrown, and the pitch invasion was a few windowlickers and completely non violent. What it did do, and I don't condone it at all, was impede play.
There is no comparison between that night and last week's fixture, and the Met have never yet explained how so many Millwall fans were allowed to gather in the area, probably because they contributed to it with some of the decisions they took that night, including reports from BT police of large numbers of Millwall fans using the tube/rail network.

affraid

You do know that we're away to Millwall in the Cup don't you?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Tilton wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
villainies wrote:

affraid

You do know that we're away to Millwall in the Cup don't you?

Ah, Embarassed
Will you be going? They have a nice little habit of hanging round London Bridge & Victoria stations just in case they bump into random fans of other teams. And it's probably the only ground in the country I have no intention of visiting.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:18 pm

This was apparently a typo on the OS. Our allocation is still 3,800 - apologies for giving out incorrect info. But you still need to be careful if you go to Millwall.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Bedshammer wrote:

This was apparently a typo on the OS. Our allocation is still 3,800 - apologies for giving out incorrect info. But you still need to be careful if you go to Millwall.

My best mate is from London, moved up here 4 years ago and has become an adopted Villa fan. His actual team if Milwall though, and I have agreed that if they get a replay at St Andrews I will go with him in the away end Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

My best mate is from London, moved up here 4 years ago and has become an adopted Villa fan. His actual team if Milwall though, and I have agreed that if they get a replay at St Andrews I will go with him in the away end Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight

Ooh. Good luck with that. Shocked
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Bedshammer wrote:

No problem.

Yeah, been to Millwall before and it's ok but can't see me making it down there this time unfortunately.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Will you be coming to the Boleyn for the first leg of the semi?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Still don't know for sure but it's looking unlikely - too many other commitments these days to be able to justify going down there during the week.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

Fan Fan Fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down