JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Histerical Media

+3
Bedshammer
jak
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Histerical Media Empty Histerical Media

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:52 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/9364690.stm

What a farse by the media last weekend, the way they went on and on about how it was Grants last game and MON would be announced as manager immediately after regardless of the result was a quite ridiculous display by some outlets.

I watch Final Score on the BBC through the day when we aren't playing and they kept on talking about MON at West Ham like it was confirmed and MON had already had a press conferences wearing a West Ham shirt, going on about which signings he would make and was it MON who had signed Bridge.

Then after the game nothing, and now this.

Its Grant i feel sorry for.... oh and Ringo he was apparently so pleased by reports of Grants sacking that he had decided to settle all outstanding bets in celebration.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Histerical Media Empty Re: Histerical Media

Post  jak Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 am

There probably was some substance to the story but once it had been leaked by West Ham in the way it was, MON was given no choice but to do a runner.
The problem is that West Ham is now run by Spivs and it shows.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:21 am

The only person to come out of this with any dignity is Grant, the owners and the media have made themselves look like complete tools. No

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:27 am

SSN built this story and coninue to perpetuate it. It's not even journalism, just malicious gossip. And I'm taking a VERY long look at Karren Brady. The Davids have to make an announcement, and I hope that announcement is to tell us she's resigned.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I've got a suspicion Grant has got another job lined up.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:33 am

Bedshammer wrote:SSN built this story and coninue to perpetuate it. It's not even journalism, just malicious gossip. And I'm taking a VERY long look at Karren Brady. The Davids have to make an announcement, and I hope that announcement is to tell us she's resigned.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I've got a suspicion Grant has got another job lined up.

Aren't we all Woohoo

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:45 am

There was obviously something in the rumour, according to the reports, MON was going to take the job, but the because it came out, he didn't want it. He obviously wanted to look all nobel like he wouldn't be negotiating for a job while the current manager was in charge. tnuc.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:46 am

roadoftrinity wrote:There was obviously something in the rumour, according to the reports, MON was going to take the job, but the because it came out, he didn't want it. He obviously wanted to look all nobel like he wouldn't be negotiating for a job while the current manager was in charge. tnuc.

Again, where's the proof?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:59 am

I reckon there was nearly a deal struck but someone at west ham blew it by blabbing too early. This is best for west ham as there is no way MON could've worked with the board. Now it's all over it does beg the question why was MON willing to take a massive step backwards?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:21 am

Bedshammer wrote:

There is no proof, but this thread is all about commenting on reports.

If you want proof, then Grant's job is perfectly safe as the board have not said otherwise and there was absolutely no chance that MON was going to join, the board have not even spoken to him.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

There is no proof, but this thread is all about commenting on reports.

If you want proof, then Grant's job is perfectly safe as the board have not said otherwise and there was absolutely no chance that MON was going to join, the board have not even spoken to him.

Exactly - there's no proof, but people react to these stories as though they are. I had an amusing argument with another member on here a year or so ago. There was a report in the Sun about a puppy being kicked to death by hoody wearing thugs and I was told it must be true because 15 million people had read it in the Sun. It was nosnsense, of course......

Having said that, the West Ham board have been forced into a corner and desperately need to make an announcement of some sort.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:54 am

They have.

Grant's job must have been safe all the time, and the media made everything up about MON, the board were obviously to busy chasing the transfer targets to dismiss the rumour. Very Happy

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11685_6669181,00.html

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:06 am

roadoftrinity wrote:They have.

Grant's job must have been safe all the time, and the media made everything up about MON, the board were obviously to busy chasing the transfer targets to dismiss the rumour. Very Happy

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11685_6669181,00.html

So, if someone made up a malicious rumour about you and everyone picked up on it, it would be OK for people to laugh at your denials?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:09 am

Lets face it Beds, we would.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:13 am

especially if it was Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:15 am

The gruesome twosome and Brady have a long history of blabbing to the press. Looks like it has backfired this time as someone has chatted too soon and MON has got the hump about it. Now it appears they are stuck with a manager they dont want and who has been totally undermined
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:24 am

villanfromluton wrote:The gruesome twosome and Brady have a long history of blabbing to the press. Looks like it has backfired this time as someone has chatted too soon and MON has got the hump about it. Now it appears they are stuck with a manager they dont want and who has been totally undermined

I'm sorry, you may well be right. But this is conjecture based on media reports that aren't backed up by facts and should be treated as such.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:25 am

Bedshammer wrote:

So, if someone made up a malicious rumour about you and everyone picked up on it, it would be OK for people to laugh at your denials?

Yep, if I chose not to deny it on serveral occasions. Gold had the chance to deny it on Sunday morning when he spoke to the press but he didn't. He words were "Grant is the manager of West Ham as we speak".

Why chose to deny it now?

All just a malicious rumour.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:34 am

As I said, you may be right, but why should they be forced into making a statement?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:43 am

Bedshammer wrote:As I said, you may be right, but why should they be forced into making a statement?

They shouldn't have to, but it's how the media works these days, and surely when a rumour of that magnitude is been reported by every media source, even national news, then the board could have nipped it in the bud and dismissed it, especially when they spoke to the press.

They didn't, the avoided the question so therefore that for me is evedence that it's true.

Fortunately, Grant seems like a decent bloke and I don't think he will let it effect him, what he needs to be more concerned about is the fact that Brady is writing in a news paper how she over ruled him on a transfer, he is the manager of the football club.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 am

I've posted my views on Brady's column elsewhaere on here.

I think maybe it's time it was demonstrated to the media that they are overstepping the mark. Not necessarily in this case, but there have been other instances recently - the man in Bristol who was virtually tried and convicted by the Sun over that Jo Wossername murder is one that springs to mind.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:10 am

Bedshammer wrote:I've posted my views on Brady's column elsewhaere on here.

I think maybe it's time it was demonstrated to the media that they are overstepping the mark. Not necessarily in this case, but there have been other instances recently - the man in Bristol who was virtually tried and convicted by the Sun over that Jo Wossername murder is one that springs to mind.

People stop buying The Sun is the best way to demonstrate to them, it's nothing short of disgraceful the shit they get away with.

I don't watch SSN anymore, to be fair, I visit their website more than I should, mainly due to bordom at work and the hope that they can make something up about a player Villa want so it can add some excitment to my day.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 am

Beds, surely the owners and Brady cant be too critical of the press given the way they constantly publicise themselves in it. Seems as if all and sundry were privvy to the gossip doing the rounds and I would put money on it being the reason MON is not taking charge.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 am

villanfromluton wrote:Beds, surely the owners and Brady cant be too critical of the press given the way they constantly publicise themselves in it. Seems as if all and sundry were privvy to the gossip doing the rounds and I would put money on it being the reason MON is not taking charge.

It's me that's being critical of the media, particularly the Sun and SSN. They manipulate their readers. As for all and sundry being privy to the gossip, they put it out there. As I said, I'm prepared to be wrong, but SSN have not yet produced a shred of evidence to back up their story.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:40 am

Think you have got blinkers on Beds if you believe this story was fabricated ny the press.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:57 am

villanfromluton wrote:Think you have got blinkers on Beds if you believe this story was fabricated ny the press.

All I'm asking for is some proof. I've watched this since 7:00am on Saturday, then Talkshite & the Beeb picked up on it. Not one of them has said "Ooh, what we said would happen hasn't happened oopsie", they just put a new angle on it. I'm fully aware there may be some trusth in it, but I'm surprised that you just accept it as the truth without any evidence. Can it be that your dislike of S, G & B is helping you form your opinion?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum