JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge!

+4
Bedshammer
jak
FrenchSpur
Ringo
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge! Empty Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge!

Post  Ringo Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:02 am

This is a programme that was was shown last night on BBC1 and is available to watch on bbc iplayer.

Now, this concerns a painting that was found on or near the outskirts of a rubbish dump.

As it turns out, this painting is worth up to, and maybe even more...250,000.

This threw up all sorts of issues.

Next thing we find out is that delving into the provinence of the painting, A family came through claiming that the painting is theirs by right.

Fair enough, to a degree...... But it was not until the authenticity of the artist was found to be accurate and then Sotheby's contacted the family asking if there had ever been a theft at their ancestral home.

There had never been any reported theft, ....... in fact....... No member of the family recalls actually owning the painting at any time but due to a family connection 200 years ago, they are claiming rights to the painting.

In your judgement, Is the finder the owner OR the family that knew nothing about the painting in the first place?
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge! Empty Re: Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge!

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 am

There is a seven year statute of limitations on most crimes including theft...... so they are about 193 years to late
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge! Empty Re: Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge!

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:24 am

If you thought you had a right to a painting worth £250k, wouldn't you try and claim it as well?

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:43 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:If you thought you had a right to a painting worth £250k, wouldn't you try and claim it as well?

Of course you would try.... but really it is way to late, they didn't even report it missing apparently..

although I guess they could use the return of art stolen by the nazis as a precedent
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:25 am

Let them have their battle, the law will decide.
For me no painting is worth £250,000.
I was recently in Cambridge and had the opportunity to view a couple of Picasso's.
As I have always thought I must be missing something, I took the opportunity to study them closely for some time.
My conclusion? They were shit when I started looking at them and equally shit when I finished, an indictment of the crazy world in which we live.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:28 am

jak wrote:Let them have their battle, the law will decide.
I was recently in Cambridge and had the opportunity to view a couple of Picasso's.
As I have always thought I must be missing something, I took the opportunity to study them closely for some time.
My conclusion? They were shit when I started looking at them and equally shit when I finished, an indictment of the crazy world in which we live.

I think art is more of a status thing. Tracey Emin could shit in a bag and sell it to someone with more money than sense for as much as she likes, purely so they can say they've got an original Tracey Emin. I went to the Tate Modern not too long ago, and it's got to be the dullest building in London. Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:29 am

It's not worth £250k to us, and those who will pay that kind of money have it to spare. So, in a sort of reverse Marie Antoinette sort of way, let them buy art.

Have you had your Blue Boy picture valued lately, jak? Wink
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:31 am

Absoloutly Brilliant, Very Happy Very Happy

-----------------------------------
Give it to me,that will settle the argueing.. Wink

Trig

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 am

fecking heathen Mad
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:51 am

QBVILLA wrote:

fecking heathen Mad

Oh, sorry QB, I forgot you do 'culture'.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 am

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

fecking heathen Mad

His culture is a Kebab on the way home on a Sunday

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 am

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

fecking heathen Mad

I feel i'm not given the credit on this forum as i'm an uneducated working class oik.However i do have my interests and as such i can spot a Picasso from a mile off.One of the best models Citroen have ever made,excellent for family life.Mind you a quick shufty at the Autotrader would've found you some a lot closer to home than Cambridge and saved you a lot of effort.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:11 am

I had you and your mate down as Berlingo boys Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:20 am

Lovin' your work, QB.
Incidentally, I spotted your comment on Mark's FB thread about the rabbit.........
Bedsy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:27 am

and there was me thinking QB was an oik.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:55 am

Bedshammer wrote:Lovin' your work, QB.
Incidentally, I spotted your comment on Mark's FB thread about the rabbit.........
Bedsy

confused
You'll have to remind me Beds.i'm guessing it's abusive but i can't remember anything about mark and a rabbit
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:58 am

villainies wrote:

Rather be an oik than a bellend who spends his free time wandering around a gallery in his chinos and rolled neck jumper pondering the artists mood when he decided to paint a vase of flowers.Fucking art? It's for wankers Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:01 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Bedsy

confused
You'll have to remind me Beds.i'm guessing it's abusive but i can't remember anything about mark and a rabbit

Pub yob sets fire to rabbit.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Bedsy

confused

Was Mark livid about this?(Does shit stink?) I'd probably said either what a waste of an Ann summers toy or a waste of a good stew.Did I get a response from the animal lovers society calling me an arsehole?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:05 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Bedsy

confused

Was Mark livid about this?(Does shit stink?) I'd probably said either what a waste of an Ann summers toy or a waste of a good stew.Did I get a response from the animal lovers society calling me an arsehole?

Waste of a good stew. The only response was from me, liking it.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:13 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Bedsy

confused

Waste of a good stew. The only response was from me, liking it.

Very Happy There'll be a facebook group being hastily assembled,'Dan Atkins is a Evull baSTADDD 9(BOLLOXCKS CAPS)
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Bedsy
And I'm just off to cook the kitten I got from an animal shelter last year. He's got enough meat on him now.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

villainies wrote:

There's a surprise!! I'd have NEVERRR had YOU down as a Picasso lover. Sleep Sleep

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:22 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:If you thought you had a right to a painting worth £250k, wouldn't you try and claim it as well?

Of course you would try.... but really it is way to late, they didn't even report it missing apparently..

although I guess they could use the return of art stolen by the nazis as a precedent

The only problem here is that it has nothing to do with the Nazis.

This painting was found in Southern Ireland.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Ringo wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

The only problem here is that it has nothing to do with the Nazis.

This painting was found in Southern Ireland.

its an international precedent..... and if its Southern Ireland there probably is a lot to do with the nazis.... they were quite sympathetic towards each other during the war
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next