JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge!

+4
Bedshammer
jak
FrenchSpur
Ringo
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge!

Post  Ringo Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:43 pm

That may be a fair comment or maybe not.

The thing is, The Nazis were never closer to Southern Ireland or the UK than the Channel Islands.

So how is it possible this painting is possibly linked with that time in history?
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fake Or Fortune ? You Be The Judge!

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Ringo wrote:That may be a fair comment or maybe not.

The thing is, The Nazis were never closer to Southern Ireland or the UK than the Channel Islands.

So how is it possible this painting is possibly linked with that time in history?

Its not linked in any way to the nazi period. My point was that they are returning stolen works of art to survivors of the holocaust and their families some 60 years after the event. My idea was that the family could try and use that precedent to reclaim the painting. But personally I doubt it would work because there is usually a seven year statute of limitations on theft and most crimes.

Get it now ??
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

Its not linked in any way to the nazi period. My point was that they are returning stolen works of art to survivors of the holocaust and their families some 60 years after the event. My idea was that the family could try and use that precedent to reclaim the painting. But personally I doubt it would work because there is usually a seven year statute of limitations on theft and most crimes.

Get it now ??

Frenchie, he's got this big tin of turps and in between posting on here he pops his head in pot and breathes deeply for long periods.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:10 pm

villainies wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

Get it now ??

Frenchie, he's got this big tin of turps and in between posting on here he pops his head in pot and breathes deeply for long periods.

I am trying to work out whether its deliberate or if he is severely lacking somewhere.... I think I know which it is
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:40 pm

Art and the appreciation thereof is a very personal matter - some works of art (in whatever form) you like, some you don't. You might enjoy sitting and pondering the supposed mind-set of an artist at the time of creation of a given work or you might just be attracted to the colours, the shapes - whatever.
I think it would be crass to say that one doesn't like artwork at all - one day one might see something that one finds amazingly, stunningly good or important - beauty is, as is said, in the eye of the beholder. I trust we all manage to find something wonderful in a piece of artwork, be it a sculpture or a painting or whatever, where the artist might be someone famous or just someone one knows - a child for example.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:44 pm

jpr60 wrote:Art and the appreciation thereof is a very personal matter - some works of art (in whatever form) you like, some you don't. You might enjoy sitting and pondering the supposed mind-set of an artist at the time of creation of a given work or you might just be attracted to the colours, the shapes - whatever.
I think it would be crass to say that one doesn't like artwork at all - one day one might see something that one finds amazingly, stunningly good or important - beauty is, as is said, in the eye of the beholder. I trust we all manage to find something wonderful in a piece of artwork, be it a sculpture or a painting or whatever, where the artist might be someone famous or just someone one knows - a child for example.

well said that man.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:19 pm

villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Art and the appreciation thereof is a very personal matter - some works of art (in whatever form) you like, some you don't. You might enjoy sitting and pondering the supposed mind-set of an artist at the time of creation of a given work or you might just be attracted to the colours, the shapes - whatever.

well said that man.

Bullshit baffles brains Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:34 am

jak wrote:
villainies wrote:

well said that man.

Bullshit baffles brains Very Happy

Laughing
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:49 am

Cubism is a bit of a challenge, I suggest you pair of chimps start with the Mr Men illustrations and try and work up from there.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am

villainies wrote:Cubism is a bit of a challenge, I suggest you pair of chimps start with the Mr Men illustrations and try and work up from there.

Ah come of it.Lets cut to the chase here, you have as much interest in art as VFL has in salad.Granted you may use the subject as a way into a bird's knickers but at the end of the day you're a Brummie, ok a Brummie who went to a posh school with friends called Rupert and Cuthbert but all the same you're a Brummie.Brian Sewell you certainly aint
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 am

I grew up round all this art shizzle (My dad being a painting restorer all his life) and learnt a load about all different things. Right interesting profession and I loved all the decent pics that came in or I saw in college holidays when I worked for him going over to these posh Lord estates to work on them cos they were bigger than the fecking "Lovejoy Volvo Estate" dad had.

Aside from other things I leanrt my point on the whole art gibberish that I learnt over the years is pretty much similar to Dad's...."If it's modern art then it's shit".

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:54 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote:Cubism is a bit of a challenge, I suggest you pair of chimps start with the Mr Men illustrations and try and work up from there.

Ah come of it.Lets cut to the chase here, you have as much interest in art as VFL has in salad.Granted you may use the subject as a way into a bird's knickers but at the end of the day you're a Brummie, ok a Brummie who went to a posh school with friends called Rupert and Cuthbert but all the same you're a Brummie.Brian Sewell you certainly aint

I love it me, could wonder round the Tate & Tate Modern for hours. Can't beat a bit of Rothko.

http://www.tate.org.uk/servlet/ViewWork?cgroupid=999999961&workid=12968&searchid=9574&tabview=image
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:57 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

I love it me, could wonder round the Tate & Tate Modern for hours. Can't beat a bit of Rothko.

http://www.tate.org.uk/servlet/ViewWork?cgroupid=999999961&workid=12968&searchid=9574&tabview=image

Is that coffee ???

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:43 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Is that coffee ???

You're getting confused Frenchie - "Camp Coffee" is what you're thinking of!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:48 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Is that coffee ???

Never heard of camp coffee... where is it ?
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:52 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Is that coffee ???

Never heard of camp coffee... where is it ?

Highbury
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:55 pm

has it moved recently ?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:56 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:has it moved recently ?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fairly recently but the quality has gone through the floor since then.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Verrrry good, verry good. However, for those who are (obviously) lacking in culture, in the knowledge which forms a true understanding of our society, "Camp Coffee" was what the poor people of our noble isle had to put up with during and after WWII as a substitute for the real thing. It was some sort of chickory essence that came in a bottle - one poured it into boiled milk to produce a cup of "coffee". If I remember well (and I was but a mere lad) there was a joyful-looking lady on the label of said bottle. Camp? Well, I though it appropriate for my good-buddy Frenchie!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 pm

I thought it had a Scottish soldier and a Sikh soldier on the label? My mum remained true to Camp Coffee long after everyone else had moved on the Nescafe.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Yeah its two geezers on the label. Although I know the image the jaypers is talking about I just can't remember what its on.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 pm

villainies wrote:Yeah its two geezers on the label. Although I know the image the jaypers is talking about I just can't remember what its on.

PG Tips has got a lady on the label.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:31 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Course you could you feckin stalker. Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum