JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walsall

+6
Bedshammer
jak
Jay.P.A
roadoftrinity
villainies
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Walsall Empty Walsall

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:36 pm

At last some football to watch tonight, although will probably only be the kids playing like last season.

Will Mcliesh get a good/bad reception, or just no reaction at all?

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Walsall Empty Re: Walsall

Post  villainies Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:01 pm

I think it will be quite a low key reception for him. No one cheering from the roof tops but also no one idiotic enough to give him shit in an opening friendly. I've read a few other comments elsewhere having a go at him over the one more signing thing!! If these chumps are angry they should look no further than Mr Lerner.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:51 pm

I would have thought he will get a reasonable reception to be honest. He is our manager now so hopefully he will get the support he will need.

As for the team, think you will be surprised AVFC, last season there was a World Cup so players weren't back from international duty, I would imagine you will see most our first teamers play some part in tonights game.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Aren't we playing in that Barcleys Asia Cup in 2 days?!
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:10 pm

villainies wrote:I think it will be quite a low key reception for him. No one cheering from the roof tops but also no one idiotic enough to give him shit in an opening friendly. I've read a few other comments elsewhere having a go at him over the one more signing thing!! If these chumps are angry they should look no further than Mr Lerner.

Sounds like you're in turmoil Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:42 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:I would have thought he will get a reasonable reception to be honest. He is our manager now so hopefully he will get the support he will need.

As for the team, think you will be surprised AVFC, last season there was a World Cup so players weren't back from international duty, I would imagine you will see most our first teamers play some part in tonights game.

Villa fans make Ringo look reasonable when it comes to supporting their managers. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:54 pm

3-1 Villa

Bent 2, Heskey with the 3rd.

Normal kind of first pre-season, players looked a bit rusty to begin with except Warnock who looked sharp and was getting down the wing well. Ireland was pretty poor with everything he did and was subbed before half time.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:3-1 Villa

Bent 2, Heskey with the 3rd.

Normal kind of first pre-season, players looked a bit rusty to begin with except Warnock who looked sharp and was getting down the wing well. Ireland was pretty poor with everything he did and was subbed before half time.

Did you go to the game?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 pm

yes, i left 15 mins early which is why i'm home quick, otherwise I would have been hours in traffic for a poor little friendly.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 pm

We're giving the friendlies a miss this year. Our holiday's a bit later than usual, and the friendlies are usually a bit flat anyway, don't you think?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 pm

yeh the walsall one is always pretty boring. Derby in a couple of weeks though that will probably be a bit more interesting and competitive.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:49 pm

What kind of reception did McLeish get?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 pm

none, I couldn't even see him. I think he is going to be pretty much ignored by fans throughout the season.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:02 am

Sky Sports said Ireland started the game really well and another site said he played well too but first hand you thought he looked pretty shite?
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:08 am

bizarre how some people see things, he made a few misplaced passes and got the ball stuck under his feet a few times, in general poor control compared to the rest of the midfield.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:23 am

Heskalator!!!

Internazionale_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:32 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:bizarre how some people see things, he made a few misplaced passes and got the ball stuck under his feet a few times, in general poor control compared to the rest of the midfield.

Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:32 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:bizarre how some people see things, he made a few misplaced passes and got the ball stuck under his feet a few times, in general poor control compared to the rest of the midfield.

Yeah.. Plenty of times someone who's been to a game sees it totally different to lazy journalism.

Think Ireland will be given most of August to show Mcminge what he's got otherwise we could be in for a midfielder ( maybe onloan ) near the end if the transfer window.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:35 am

Mcminge was praising his performance on the official site, there again he is a jock, so WTF does he know about football Wink

Is it true Heskey played wide left, if so I may make a comeback in that position as reckon even now I could do a better job there
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:44 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Yeah.. Plenty of times someone who's been to a game sees it totally different to lazy journalism.

Think Ireland will be given most of August to show Mcminge what he's got otherwise we could be in for a midfielder ( maybe onloan ) near the end if the transfer window.

It's got feck all to do with lazy journalism.You can get two blokes sitting next to each other in the stand who can have totally different views.I've looked at the Heroes and Villains website this morning and the general opinion is that Ireland played well.When AV says Ireland has played well then you can guarantee he's been top class as he hates him.One of my workmates is the same when it comes to Petrov,poor old Stylian hasn't ever played well for Villa No
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:52 am

QBVILLA wrote:

It's got feck all to do with lazy journalism.You can get two blokes sitting next to each other in the stand who can have totally different views.I've looked at the Heroes and Villains website this morning and the general opinion is that Ireland played well.When AV says Ireland has played well then you can guarantee he's been top class as he hates him.One of my workmates is the same when it comes to Petrov,poor old Stylian hasn't ever played well for Villa No

That's true, I think every game AV went to last season he said Downing was shite. Very Happy

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:05 am

villanfromluton wrote:Mcminge was praising his performance on the official site, there again he is a jock, so WTF does he know about football Wink

Is it true Heskey played wide left, if so I may make a comeback in that position as reckon even now I could do a better job there

Good morning, Luton. What part of Scotland are you from? Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:11 am

I never said he was shit last season, he had a very good season. It was the season before I thought he was shit and needed dropping as he had tired quickly after missing half the season due to injury.

I also thought Ireland was an excellent player when at Man City and was glad we signed him, he was pretty shit in the games he played last year and obviously I think he is a twat for comments made when he was loaned out to Newcastle, but if he can come back into the team and perform to the level he did at Man City then that would be great.

In general I think I'm pretty unbiased when assesing performances, as I said they all looked pretty rusty to begin with last night but out of the whole midfield the only player who spoilt several moved was ireland with his miss control of the ball, I don't know why Mcminge didn't wait till half time to sub him along with the rest of the players if he thought he was performing well either.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:17 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I never said he was shit last season, he had a very good season. It was the season before I thought he was shit and needed dropping as he had tired quickly after missing half the season due to injury.

I also thought Ireland was an excellent player when at Man City and was glad we signed him, he was pretty shit in the games he played last year and obviously I think he is a twat for comments made when he was loaned out to Newcastle, but if he can come back into the team and perform to the level he did at Man City then that would be great.

In general I think I'm pretty unbiased when assesing performances, as I said they all looked pretty rusty to begin with last night but out of the whole midfield the only player who spoilt several moved was ireland with his miss control of the ball, I don't know why Mcminge didn't wait till half time to sub him along with the rest of the players if he thought he was performing well either.

Apparently taken off as a precaution for hamstring.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:18 am

Oh and yes Heskey did play on the left wing last night, did a good job actually but when you see Heskey out pace a fullback to a through ball down the wing, turn him and put the cross into Bent to score you know the opposition isn't up to much.

Bannan I thought did well when came on, he shows a far greater array of passing then any other midfielder out there, also some half cast kid who I don't know who looked like he came on to play upfront, he showed some nice one touch passing and one two's although when he runs he looks like a complete gay Laughing

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next