JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walsall

+6
Bedshammer
jak
Jay.P.A
roadoftrinity
villainies
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Walsall - Page 3 Empty Re: Walsall

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:22 pm

About to watch the whole match now on AVTV. I'll report back with my findings!
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Really hope Makoun clicks.. He will be a great asset with his passing.. ESP with Albrighton n N Zog ( if he signs ) on the wings..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:35 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:must have missed it lol

Villainies was right, pisshead you are Mad . You have been chatting to the yam yam too much

I just checked my bank account from Wednesday pale its much worst then I thought. There goes that new tv I wanted Crying or Very sad

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Ades, did you see that pass of Irelands for the first goal, excellent vision. I really hope Makoun shows his undoubted class this season, was reading on another site he is now almost fluent in English (unlike two old cockernee geezers) and seemingly enjoying the game last night.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:must have missed it lol

Villainies was right, pisshead you are Mad . You have been chatting to the yam yam too much

I just checked my bank account from Wednesday pale its much worst then I thought. There goes that new tv I wanted Crying or Very sad

Mad disgrace Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:45 am

villanfromluton wrote:Ades, did you see that pass of Irelands for the first goal, excellent vision. I really hope Makoun shows his undoubted class this season, was reading on another site he is now almost fluent in English (unlike two old cockernee geezers) and seemingly enjoying the game last night.

That's good if he's settling in.. We don't have much money so def need the likes of Makoun Delph n Ireland to play to there potential..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:33 am

Few points after watching Thursdays game:

Given - Didn't have much to do, but distributed the ball well. Made one great save from a freekick, dived to his left. Not sure if the ball hit the post or not, but Given had it covered. Looks sharp.

L.Young - solid as ever.

Collins - Headed everything away, made a few good tackles as usual, if a pass isn't available, he will just lump it forward towards the wingers.

Dunne - looking solid, made a few good slide tackles, got caught out once from a long ball, but apart from that had an easy game.

Warnock - done suprisingly well. He was zooming up and down the left hand side, got into good crossing positions, and showed his pace.

Albrighton - Done well, put a few good crosses in the box, and got past people quite easily.

Makoun - Thought he was really good. Excellent one touch passing. Seems to make time for himself on the ball quite easily. 9 times out of 10 got his pass away where he wanted it to go. Nearly got Bent through a couple of times on goal with passes from deep, but Bent was offside alot.

Petrov - solid. Passed well, him and Makoun controlled that midfield, but take that with a pinch of salt because it is Walsall. Good stuff from Petrov though.

Ireland - Looked great until he had to go off as a pre-caution. Played some brilliant through balls, particulary to Heskey and Warnock.

Heskey - Was a great performance, despite being on the left wing!

Bent -Goalscorer, excellent movement off the ball.

Overall a good outing for the team. Good practice game, but it looked like the players were doing good in training, because everyone looked in good shape.

Other mentions:

Ciaran Clark - will be captian of Villa one day. He will be class. Was on the edge of the area for a corner, and ran to exactly where it was going to head it for goal. Reminded me of how Laursen used to do it.

Delfouneso - Got into some brilliant positions, and has excellent ball control for a striker. This guy is huge, at 6'1, and has great pace. Could've scored a hattrick on another day.

Bannan - Can pass for days.

Burke - Never heard of this guy but really done well when he came on. One to watch.

Last edited by Jay.P.A on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:35 am

You forgot to mention..

Walsall... shit. Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:38 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:You forgot to mention..

Read Petrov's rating!
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:43 am

Ignore him Jay, nice little read

villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:51 am

Jay.P.A wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:You forgot to mention..

Read Petrov's rating!

Just meant that we played well for a friendly but Walsall are awfull esp when Heskey looks like Ronaldo on the left wing Very Happy

But i do like a midfield of Albrighton.. Makoun.. Petrov/Delph.. Ireland and N zog
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Ades, I think Gabby has a big role to play this season and we will go 4-4-2 for a good number of games
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:24 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Ades, I think Gabby has a big role to play this season and we will go 4-4-2 for a good number of games

Who in midfield if we play 4 4 2?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Makoun and Delph would be my picks at the minute, maybe Ireland if he pulls his finger out could be an option, or he could play slightly wider, but tucking in. I know what you mean villainies in that we may be a bit lightweight at times, just hope that whatever formation is played, we play to the strengths of people like the above 3 and not long ball tactics which wont be any good for Bent
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:19 pm

4-4-2 does leave us a bit suspect in midfield.. we need someone like Parker in there.. Makoun and Delph could work maybe if they get up to speed with tackling.. Ireland cant work in a 4-4-2 IMO.. you need an Essien/Makelele type of beast for Ireland to play in a 4-4-2..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:20 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Makoun and Delph would be my picks at the minute, maybe Ireland if he pulls his finger out could be an option, or he could play slightly wider, but tucking in. I know what you mean villainies in that we may be a bit lightweight at times, just hope that whatever formation is played, we play to the strengths of people like the above 3 and not long ball tactics which wont be any good for Bent

If we do buy N Zog.. then to play long ball when you have Bent..N Zog..Albrighton as attacking three is madness!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:12 pm

Totally agree with you Ades re the long ball, the strength of our players is not that type of football. Have to say have been quite impressed by McLeish's comments so far and appears as if the players are behind him
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:48 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Makoun and Delph would be my picks at the minute, maybe Ireland if he pulls his finger out could be an option, or he could play slightly wider, but tucking in. I know what you mean villainies in that we may be a bit lightweight at times, just hope that whatever formation is played, we play to the strengths of people like the above 3 and not long ball tactics which wont be any good for Bent

If we do buy N Zog.. then to play long ball when you have Bent..N Zog..Albrighton as attacking three is madness!

I agree with you but we'll be asking a lot of two players we don;t really know much about it.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Few points after watching Thursdays game:

Given - Didn't have much to do, but distributed the ball well. Made one great save from a freekick, dived to his left. Not sure if the ball hit the post or not, but Given had it covered. Looks sharp.

L.Young - solid as ever.

Collins - Headed everything away, made a few good tackles as usual, if a pass isn't available, he will just lump it forward towards the wingers.

Dunne - looking solid, made a few good slide tackles, got caught out once from a long ball, but apart from that had an easy game.

Warnock - done suprisingly well. He was zooming up and down the left hand side, got into good crossing positions, and showed his pace.

Albrighton - Done well, put a few good crosses in the box, and got past people quite easily.

Makoun - Thought he was really good. Excellent one touch passing. Seems to make time for himself on the ball quite easily. 9 times out of 10 got his pass away where he wanted it to go. Nearly got Bent through a couple of times on goal with passes from deep, but Bent was offside alot.

Petrov - solid. Passed well, him and Makoun controlled that midfield, but take that with a pinch of salt because it is Walsall. Good stuff from Petrov though.

Ireland - Looked great until he had to go off as a pre-caution. Played some brilliant through balls, particulary to Heskey and Warnock.

Heskey - Was a great performance, despite being on the left wing!

Bent -Goalscorer, excellent movement off the ball.

Overall a good outing for the team. Good practice game, but it looked like the players were doing good in training, because everyone looked in good shape.

Other mentions:

Ciaran Clark - will be captian of Villa one day. He will be class. Was on the edge of the area for a corner, and ran to exactly where it was going to head it for goal. Reminded me of how Laursen used to do it.

Delfouneso - Got into some brilliant positions, and has excellent ball control for a striker. This guy is huge, at 6'1, and has great pace. Could've scored a hattrick on another day.

Bannan - Can pass for days.

Burke - Never heard of this guy but really done well when he came on. One to watch.

McLeish wrote:

'Nathan came on and could have had four in the second half. The positions he got himself in were tremendous, he was really very lively.'

McLeish says he's sure that Delboy will have a bright future, but he certainly needs to be more potent when he does get himself into those positions.

'Nathan sure looks like he's got a bright future, it should give him great confidence in terms of the way he played but I have told him 'sometimes you only get once chance, you need to take more care'. He needs to be more ruthless like Benty.'

Good to see McLeish agreeing with me. What a Face
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:12 pm

yeh but he missed them all, he won't make it as a premierleague striker

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content