JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barry..

+4
villanfromluton
QBVILLA
Bedshammer
ADRIAN_1976
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Barry.. Empty Barry..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:40 am

In talks with Man City!!!!

They must be paying him shit loads and giving us a chunky transfer fee..

But still WTF!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Barry.. Empty Re: Barry..

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 am

It's either nothing more than paper talk, or he really wants away.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:52 am

18mill for losing him a year b4 his contract is up sounds sweet whoever the player

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:05 pm

"I'd only leave Villa for Champions League football"

Man City aren't even in the pisspot Europa cack.
Yet another money grabbing worm who will no doubt say that he's excited about the vision of Man City's future.If he went to Arsenal or even Livershit i'd understand and wish him all the best, but Man City!!!
It's a bad sign if we lose our best player to City and what sort of signal does that send out to the likes of A.Young?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Can it be just paper talk?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Can it be just paper talk?

Not paper talk - Villa have confirmed it

We have to be realistic - to get 400 games out of a player - then sell him for £18 million - by a long way the record fee the club has ever received - it has to be good business

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Must say he will lose my respect if he chooses to go there. I could have even forgiven him for going to the red scouse shyte, but all his chat about wanting the champions league will look rather cheap. Lets hope they are paying us well over the odds like they did for De Jong
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:43 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Must say he will lose my respect if he chooses to go there. I could have even forgiven him for going to the red scouse shyte, but all his chat about wanting the champions league will look rather cheap. Lets hope they are paying us well over the odds like they did for De Jong

I didn´t know that they paid us for De Jong - couldn´t we have got a share of the Robinho fee too?

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:52 pm

Lionheart wrote:

We have to be realistic - to get 400 games out of a player - then sell him for £18 million - by a long way the record fee the club has ever received - it has to be good business

Good business, and he has to have his reasons for wanting to go.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

Good business, and he has to have his reasons for wanting to go.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ is reason enough.
But £18m is a fecking good going.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:19 pm

Im surprised we havent asked either Richards or Sturridge to be involved in the deal..

Another angle you could look at it from is that if Villa have accpeted the bid then Barry is gonna talk to them.. Ok there not in Europe but this isnt some club who will buy Barry and thats about it.. they will spend some serious bucks in the next few transfer windowns to achieve Champions Lge football.. and probably pay Barry around 100k a week too..

He has been here for a decade and probbaly wants a change.. no other club will match the fee Man City are prepared to pay so its either stay here or go City..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:48 pm

So its £12 million - and he is getting £80k a week

Thought he´d have held out for more than that

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:09 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Must say he will lose my respect if he chooses to go there. I could have even forgiven him for going to the red scouse shyte, but all his chat about wanting the champions league will look rather cheap. Lets hope they are paying us well over the odds like they did for De Jong

:?: u have about as much respect as mark does with the "Finnish lazy gits poor excuse for not working, fake ankle breaking, immigrant club"

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Lionheart wrote:So its £12 million - and he is getting £80k a week

Pfft, peanuts.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:06 pm

12 more months and he could have gone on a free and made a stack more dosh.There's also his testimonial which would create more interest if he still was a Villa player.i'd like to see Michael Johnson involved in a part exchange deal.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:26 pm

He's gone! Shocked

Thats it, feckin confirmed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8079088.stm

Feck it, lets get someone better in!

C'Mon MON!!!! Cool

Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:37 pm

Great bit of business though in my opinion, 12m for a 29-year old, in his final year of his contract?

Brilliant!
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:41 pm

Im not fussed at all really. Hes been with us long enough, looked like and sometimes played like he wanted about a long time ago. Its a good fee , its been done nice and early no fookin around. Job done, I like it.

Hopefully we`ll use the full 12m to buy a younger pacier centre mid and kick on from there.

Man Citeh?? What a money grabbing sell out, bye bye Very Happy

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:53 pm

I'm surprised it wasnt more then 12M.. who knows it might well be..

Even more surprised Oneil didnt try and get Richards/Sturrdige/Johnson as part of the deal.. But knowing Oneil he'll bid for one of them with 10mins of the transfer window left Laughing
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Better to get the money if he wasnt gonna sign a new contract.

Strage move though
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 pm

Fact is we won't get a player of Barry's ability to sign for Villa.We may get a player who has teh potential to be as good, but by the time he's at that level he'll be on the move again.Big club's don't worry about £12 million, and let's face facts Man City are the most likely club to overtake us next season and now they have our best player.I'm bitterly disappointed.Expect to see Ashley Young out of the club within the next 12 months.It's going to take a signing of a world star to fix this, and what world star will sign for us? We've got Europa football to offer......Wooofcukinghoo.Spurs, Man City will pay more in wages.Without wishing to sound like Villainies, this is the beginning of the end.After suffering years of mediocrity we finally get an owner who backs the manager and a manager with a big profile.We won't do as well next season, the fickle fans will get on O'Neill's back and before we know it we'll have another new manager with another 5yr plan.By the time I see a 5yr plan come to fruition i'll be in my fecking 60s No
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Barry was a player who was quite underated, in my opinion.

For people that actually go to the game, or even watch it on the TV, you can clearly see that in our team, Barry had the best techincal ability on the ball, and his ability to get out of tight situations was class.

He's going to be really hard to replace but as long as nobody else leaves, we should be alright, if we sign quality players.

Right now I wouldn't mind taking Bentley.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Barry was a player who was quite underated, in my opinion.

For people that actually go to the game, or even watch it on the TV, you can clearly see that in our team, Barry had the best techincal ability on the ball, and his ability to get out of tight situations was class.

He's going to be really hard to replace but as long as nobody else leaves, we should be alright, if we sign quality players.

Right now I wouldn't mind taking Bentley.

That fcukwit aint fit to lace Barry's right boot
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:37 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

12 more months and he could have gone on a free and made a stack more dosh.There's also his testimonial which would create more interest if he still was a Villa player.i'd like to see Michael Johnson involved in a part exchange deal.

I thought I read somewhere that Johnson had a real bad injury that they thought might end his career, dont know though

Will be interesting to see Barry's comments when he holds a press conference. I currently have more respect for the little bald gnome who welches on his bets than I do the overweight slow fecker Barry. Could have understood him going to a champions league club, but not Man City. Hope they do shite and I'm not a bitter man. I would be more concerned if Ashley Young wanted away though
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:38 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Fact is we won't get a player of Barry's ability to sign for Villa.We may get a player who has teh potential to be as good, but by the time he's at that level he'll be on the move again.Big club's don't worry about £12 million, and let's face facts Man City are the most likely club to overtake us next season and now they have our best player.I'm bitterly disappointed.Expect to see Ashley Young out of the club within the next 12 months.It's going to take a signing of a world star to fix this, and what world star will sign for us? We've got Europa football to offer......Wooofcukinghoo.Spurs, Man City will pay more in wages.Without wishing to sound like Villainies, this is the beginning of the end.After suffering years of mediocrity we finally get an owner who backs the manager and a manager with a big profile.We won't do as well next season, the fickle fans will get on O'Neill's back and before we know it we'll have another new manager with another 5yr plan.By the time I see a 5yr plan come to fruition i'll be in my fecking 60s No

Miserable cnut Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum