JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barry..

+4
villanfromluton
QBVILLA
Bedshammer
ADRIAN_1976
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Barry.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Barry..

Post  villainies Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm glad we got the money for him, and good money it is too. Whilst I like the way GB plays his football he's taken us as far as he can. The fella isn't a top 4 player and we need someone in the middle who is. Its up to MON to find us that player and at least we'll see someone with a bit of pace in the middle. FOCK OFF BARRY
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:47 pm

villainies wrote:I'm glad we got the money for him, and good money it is too. Whilst I like the way GB plays his football he's taken us as far as he can. The fella isn't a top 4 player and we need someone in the middle who is. Its up to MON to find us that player and at least we'll see someone with a bit of pace in the middle. FOCK OFF BARRY

Well if he aint, who is in our team Crying or Very sad

I do agree we need more pace in the centre, and think it might be a good deal for us. If he wants to go, fock off as you politely put it villainies. Never thought I would see you being more optimistic than the fat yam yam
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:I'm glad we got the money for him, and good money it is too. Whilst I like the way GB plays his football he's taken us as far as he can. The fella isn't a top 4 player and we need someone in the middle who is. Its up to MON to find us that player and at least we'll see someone with a bit of pace in the middle. FOCK OFF BARRY

Well if he aint, who is in our team Crying or Very sad

I do agree we need more pace in the centre, and think it might be a good deal for us. If he wants to go, fock off as you politely put it villainies. Never thought I would see you being more optimistic than the fat yam yam

Probably Ashley Young and Carew. Funnily enough, two of MON's signings Cool
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:15 pm

Jay

I think Ashley Young will be good enough for the top 4, not sure he is quite at that level yet.

As for Carew, good player, but dont think he would get into any of the top 4 teams to be honest.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:35 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Jay

I think Ashley Young will be good enough for the top 4, not sure he is quite at that level yet.

As for Carew, good player, but dont think he would get into any of the top 4 teams to be honest.

Lutes, I could see Carew getting into the Arsenal and Liverpool squad with no problems, especially in Arsenal's case. Adeboyor is hit and miss, and Van Persie seems to be injured most of the time.

In Liverpools case, they'd take him because they haven't got anyone like him. He'd be a good strike partner for Torres.

Not forgetting, he's an international, been in the CL numerous times, etc, so he's quite experienced.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:37 pm

I´m probably going against the grain here

BUT

I think Gareth Barry owes us nothing - he gave 11 years service played 440 games in a number of different positions ( the first time I saw him play was away at Celta Vigo when he played at centre back)

He was a class act - who even had to come through the usual VP scenario of getting barracked as players who don´t cost us millions do

So what if he´s gone after the fast buck - can you ever say you saw him give less than 100%?

If every player we have gives us 11 years like Gareth Barry has we´ll be well honoured

Just remember Collymore, Ginola and Balaban.....

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:39 pm

I know Barry was our best player and I should be gutted by his transfer. But Im not in the slightest Id be more pissed if we lost Young,Petrov,Carew or Gabby (in that order).
I cant give names but Im sure for the money we got there is quality out there, younger more pace. I think I saw Barry as dead wood (good dead wood) but been with us for yonks and wanted out, so badly that hes taken the money to join a team that currently is a step down.
Laursen and Barry are going to be fookin hard to replace and we needed strengthening anyway. But the way this season imp
loded with such an anti climax Im lookin forward to starting next season "hopefully" with a young more dynamic midfied maestro doing the biz. Fabregas would be nice Wink

I hope MON and Randy give us something to be optimistic about this transfer window, we need cheering up. bounce

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:23 am

Barry is apparently going to issue an open apology to the fans. That'll make everything better, surely?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:15 am

I dont see why he feels he has to do that. From what I can gather your either a not bothered Villa fan or a fookin raging Villa fan. One set dont want to hear it, the other couldnt give a shit. Hes a City player now couldnt give a rats arse what he has to say.
He has been quoted as saying something about I joined City as they are a club heading oin the right direction. In other words he feels we arent, nothing at all to do with the reported £110k a week deal affraid

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:22 am

villahagler69 wrote:I dont see why he feels he has to do that. From what I can gather your either a not bothered Villa fan or a fookin raging Villa fan. One set dont want to hear it, the other couldnt give a shit. Hes a City player now couldnt give a rats arse what he has to say.
He has been quoted as saying something about I joined City as they are a club heading oin the right direction. In other words he feels we arent, nothing at all to do with the reported £110k a week deal affraid

Well, Bellamy *spit* said the same thing when he went to City. They're hardly going to tell City fans they only went there for the money, are they? For what it's worth, I think he's made a mistake.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:49 am

Whilst difficult to replace its not impossible IMO. If MON can pick up someone who makes an impact like Young has (a genuine top 4 player) then we are cooking. I'm not saying this is easy but it is possible and we've got all summer to work on it. I'm pissed with Barry but we all knew it was coming, I think he's a bit stupid and listens to his agent a too much who clearly just chases the cash.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:02 pm

villainies wrote:Whilst difficult to replace its not impossible IMO. If MON can pick up someone who makes an impact like Young has (a genuine top 4 player) then we are cooking. I'm not saying this is easy but it is possible and we've got all summer to work on it. I'm pissed with Barry but we all knew it was coming, I think he's a bit stupid and listens to his agent a too much who clearly just chases the cash.

We started last season with two genuine top 4 class players in Laursen and Barry.Next season man City and spurs will be a lot stronger and unless we whack £30 million on a centre half and centre midfielder of the same ilk of Barry and Laursen we're considerably weaker
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:21 pm

No doubt we need to bring in two top top players.. Huddlestone is a good player to add but not a replacement.. Defour looks quality but we dont know how he will settle in the premiership..

From what ive seen so from Oneil we will probably go for prem players, rather then take a risk on a foriegner who might not work but on the flip side could turn out to be a player that is top 4 quality..and i think we need to take that risk to break the top four or hope Arsenal have a stinker and we play above ourselves..

Owen..Bentley..Huddlestone will be on the radar as apposed to Vagner Love..Moutinhio..Veloso..

Personally i think we have a solid base that can fight for Europa.. to try and finish 4th we have to take gambles on players who have the ability to help us finish 4th..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:20 pm

So once Barry met Mark Hughes there was no where he wanted to be but Man City

So it was love not money

I hope they are very happy together

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Last edited by Bedshammer on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:39 pm

All the very best Gareth, you have been a loyal (apart from the intervention of Mr Black!) servant to the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8081102.stm

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Reddi! wrote:All the very best Gareth, you have been a loyal (apart from the intervention of Mr Black!) servant to the club.

He reminds me alot of your good self, a lying two faced bas***d
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:44 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Reddi! wrote:All the very best Gareth, you have been a loyal (apart from the intervention of Mr Black!) servant to the club.

He reminds me alot of your good self, a lying two faced bas***d

We all have our foibles! bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:23 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote:Whilst difficult to replace its not impossible IMO. If MON can pick up someone who makes an impact like Young has (a genuine top 4 player) then we are cooking. I'm not saying this is easy but it is possible and we've got all summer to work on it. I'm pissed with Barry but we all knew it was coming, I think he's a bit stupid and listens to his agent a too much who clearly just chases the cash.

We started last season with two genuine top 4 class players in Laursen and Barry.Next season man City and spurs will be a lot stronger and unless we whack £30 million on a centre half and centre midfielder of the same ilk of Barry and Laursen we're considerably weaker

Shame about Laursen and I agree he was top 4 quality but I got the sense we were always on borrowed time with him re: his injuries. Very hard to replace but I'm sure we will be spending money in this position. Bazza however, ain't no top 4 player. He's a good player, very steady plays all season and gives everything but he lacks a certain something to be really class. Depending on who replaces him we may be weaker but lets face it this will be MON's priority so I expect we'll see a good player going into the middle. I'm hoping that player will be more dynamic, have the ability to change a game, score more goals, be a better, more charismatic and forceful leader and of course have more pace than Barry.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:19 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Shame about Laursen and I agree he was top 4 quality but I got the sense we were always on borrowed time with him re: his injuries. Very hard to replace but I'm sure we will be spending money in this position. Bazza however, ain't no top 4 player. He's a good player, very steady plays all season and gives everything but he lacks a certain something to be really class. Depending on who replaces him we may be weaker but lets face it this will be MON's priority so I expect we'll see a good player going into the middle. I'm hoping that player will be more dynamic, have the ability to change a game, score more goals, be a better, more charismatic and forceful leader and of course have more pace than Barry.

Just for a change i'm going to disagree with you.Barry is and has been top 4 quality for the past 2 seasons at least.In that time he has kept Lampard and Carrick out of the England side and Lampard and Gerrard have been moved out of their favoured position so Capello, (a man i'd guess knows a fair bit more about football than us) can play Barry.This lack of pace argument is bollocks as well.Barry is a footballer as opposed to a football player.By that as an example i'd use Sheringham and McAllister opposed to Owen and Platt.All top performers but 'footballers' have that first yard upstairs and don't have to rely on pace, whereas the 'players' can't do it once they lose that bit of athleticism.I'm going to stick my neck out here and predict that Barry will finally get the recognition his ability deserves following this move.I believe Man City will contest 4th or 5th and Barry will be on the shortlist for next seasons Footballer of the Year award.£12 million is nowhere near the amount we need to replace Barry.We can't do a Man utd and pay £12 million out for a youngster and ease him in from the reserves/subs bench, any player we sign for that sort of money would need to hit the ground running.It's not like us Villa fans have a reputation for being patient is it?
As for Barry's apology, he can stick it up his arse.I'd have had more respect had he just come out with,
"Well at 28 i've never had a big transfer signing on fee and the money being offered to me is too good to turn down".
Also this he's been a loyal servant bunkum,more bollocks.
He had his head turned in the past when Portsmouth and Newcastle showed an interest and used that to his advantage (No problem with that) to get improved contracts.His actions last summer with the NOTW story were despicable also.In the 12 yrs since Villa took him from a trainee at Brighton he's gone on to become a multi millionaire on the back of our club and I think he could dedicate the majority of his England caps to Mister O'Neill.
Sentimental shite, and anyone else recognise the name of his agent?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Adding to the things we've lost - his penalty taking ability.

We all knew it was a fecking goal before he stepped up to take our penalties!
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:54 pm

QB. If he was top 4 quality he'd be playing for a top 4 side but he isn't he's playing for er, Man City. He's been available to any of them for peanuts and until last year not one of them has even given him a look in. Liverpool wanted him as a utility player and he wouldn't have figured much besides which they didn't want to pay any money for him. As for england, I can honestly say he doesn't impress me that much. He's steady and unremarkable and its all very well doing a job against the second/ third tier but against the top 8 international teams he'll get found out everytime.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:04 pm

My much maligned Portuguese mates who always slag off our "direct" style of football - always exempted GB from their criticisms - they seriously rated him!!

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:08 pm

villainies wrote:QB. If he was top 4 quality he'd be playing for a top 4 side but he isn't he's playing for er, Man City. He's been available to any of them for peanuts and until last year not one of them has even given him a look in. Liverpool wanted him as a utility player and he wouldn't have figured much besides which they didn't want to pay any money for him. As for england, I can honestly say he doesn't impress me that much. He's steady and unremarkable and its all very well doing a job against the second/ third tier but against the top 8 international teams he'll get found out everytime.

Bollox
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Lionheart wrote:My much maligned Portuguese mates who always slag off our "direct" style of football - always exempted GB from their criticisms - they seriously rated him!!

I don't deny he's a good player he's just not a top 4 player.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next