JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City..

+8
jak
villainies
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
roadoftrinity
villanfromluton
truevillan
Jay.P.A
ADRIAN_1976
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Man City.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Man City..

Post  villainies Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:As you know i'm one of the minority on here who has always rated Allardyce.He'll prove to be West Ham's best managerial appointment since John Lyall.

Down by easter, instead of Christmas? Sam is exactly what West Ham needed. He's been what's needed since Curbishley left.

What West Ham needed was relegation. They were like a fish out of water, the championship is WH's natural habitat.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:As you know i'm one of the minority on here who has always rated Allardyce.He'll prove to be West Ham's best managerial appointment since John Lyall.

Down by easter, instead of Christmas? Sam is exactly what West Ham needed. He's been what's needed since Curbishley left.

What West Ham needed was relegation. They were like a fish out of water, the championship is WH's natural habitat.

Tru dat.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:47 pm

villainies wrote:

Yup. Gave us a chance to revamp the club and squad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:49 pm

I think you're right, and I'm quite enjoying being proved wrong on this occasion. Make a note of the date.....
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:19 am

Ringo wrote:

John Lyall was Ron Greenwood's assistant until Ron picked up the poisoned chalice known as the England managers job.
John basically took over everything Ron had built.

As i'm sure you are aware, Lyall took West Ham to their best ever finish of 3rd in 1986.Didn't Greenwood take the England job in around '77/78?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:03 am

yes, Greenwood did take the job earlier and left his assistant manager with a useful squad and a good work ethic.
John Lyall kept to everything he had learned from Greenwood and went on to be a great manager in his own right.

There were a few good teams in the 70's that had great managers and assistants........ the Clough/Taylor partnership being the most memorable.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 am

The point I was making Ringo was that seven or eight years after Lyall took the job the fact he managed to get to 3rd in the top flight is a pretty good indication that he'd done it with his own squad, not Greenwood's
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Your point is valid and fair enough.
I think that today standards have slipped badly as the manager is the only one that is now focused on by the general media.
How often do you hear the name of the assistant manager?
For instance, You may know the name of the assistant manager at Villa but no one outside of your supporters club would have heard of him/her.

In today's world, the first club that creates a management TEAM pairing with a dual input in the public eye will be the team that really moves forward.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Ringo wrote:Your point is valid and fair enough.
I think that today standards have slipped badly as the manager is the only one that is now focused on by the general media.
How often do you hear the name of the assistant manager?
For instance, You may know the name of the assistant manager at Villa but no one outside of your supporters club would have heard of him/her. In today's world, the first club that creates a management TEAM pairing with a dual input in the public eye will be the team that really moves forward.

I think you are wrong there.When I was a kid I didn't know who the chairman or chief executive of opposition clubs were let alone assistant managers. I'm pretty confident that with todays mass media coverage I could name the majority of assistant managers in the Prem and a fair few from the football league, just going on the amount of post match interviews the assistants do.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Isn't Peter Grant at Villa? You should know him Ringo, he was Pardew's assistant. It all started going tits up when he left to try and be a manager.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Isn't Peter Grant at Villa? You should know him Ringo, he was Pardew's assistant. It all started going tits up when he left to try and be a manager.

Yep, and has Neil McDonald teamed up with Allardyce again?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm

I guess that back in the 60's/70's things were far more prolific.

True, the only two I can remember off hand are the two I already mentioned with Forest & us.
At the same time, 'Character' managers were created.... For instance, Malcolm Allison at Newcastle, Don Revey at Leeds plus a few more.
I think people like that coming through created a situation where standards slipped in the whole infrastructure of the managerial set-up from the kitman upwards.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:26 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Isn't Peter Grant at Villa? You should know him Ringo, he was Pardew's assistant. It all started going tits up when he left to try and be a manager.

Yep, and has Neil McDonald teamed up with Allardyce again?

Certainly has.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Ringo wrote:I guess that back in the 60's/70's things were far more prolific.

True, the only two I can remember off hand are the two I already mentioned with Forest & us.
At the same time, 'Character' managers were created.... For instance, Malcolm Allison at Newcastle, Don Revey at Leeds plus a few more.
I think people like that coming through created a situation where standards slipped in the whole infrastructure of the managerial set-up from the kitman upwards.

I sometimes wonder whether you read the responses to the questions you ask cyclops
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:00 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Ringo wrote:I guess that back in the 60's/70's things were far more prolific.

I sometimes wonder whether you read the responses to the questions you ask cyclops

Or if he reads the questions he answers

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Diversionary tactics.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Bubble!!!! Bubble!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum