JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Lambert RESIGNS from Norwich

+9
Bedshammer
QBVILLA
ADRIAN_1976
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Tilton
villanfromluton
roadoftrinity
Reddi!
Jay.P.A
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Paul Lambert RESIGNS from Norwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Lambert RESIGNS from Norwich

Post  jpr60 Thu May 31, 2012 6:15 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:so if Lambert was on a 4 year deal with Villa, two successful seasons, and say Liverpool came in for him. The club refuses Lambert permission to speak to them, and he has a sulk and storms out of the job. The Villa fans would welcome him back with open arms? Okay then. Very Happy

If he was offered a bigger club than the Villa after two years then you're talking Man U, Man C,Chelsea, Liverpool or Spurs. To get those jobs he'd have done something special and would receive the same level of welcome that Little,Atkinson and Graham Taylor get at Villa Park. To go anywhere else would be a step down meaning he'd failed so i doubt anyone would really give a fcuk. You've got to remembet us Midlanders aint like you Hammers. The truth is Lambert has no ties to Villa, or the area. It's a job. A great wage and a bigger platform on which he can boost his CV. He'll use Villa to further his career the same way he's used Norwich. After the three seasons that he's given the Norwich fans they won't begrudge him that. They'll be pissed off he's leaving because they know it'll weaken them.

The Arsenal, you forgot The Arsenal. Or perhaps you were thinking that would be an even higher climb. Yeh, that'll be it!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Paul Lambert RESIGNS from Norwich - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Lambert RESIGNS from Norwich

Post  Billy Bonds Thu May 31, 2012 6:23 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Paul Lambert acting a knobhead? What a surprise.

What is your problem with lambert ??

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Thu May 31, 2012 6:26 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:so if Lambert was on a 4 year deal with Villa, two successful seasons, and say Liverpool came in for him. The club refuses Lambert permission to speak to them, and he has a sulk and storms out of the job. The Villa fans would welcome him back with open arms? Okay then. Very Happy

Why the fuk would Lambert wanna go to that shower of red shite,,,,they wont win anything next season ...or the season after ,,,they aint got the dosh to compete...

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu May 31, 2012 6:38 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Norwich have turned down his resignation because then they can go for compensation. Lambert's on a rolling 12 month contract. Watching SSN, the fans seem to want Malkie Mackay.

Eze, you seem to be in a minority of one on this.

When was his contract renewed?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu May 31, 2012 6:44 pm

Not sure, just going by what they said on SSN
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 am

If i have told you once i have told you a thousand times if you get Lambert,,you will be sorry,,not proved at all..ok look at Martines Wigan picked him up from Swansea because he had them playng well,Liverpool have gone for another Champs success un proven finished bottom half in a very bad prem ,Nope wrong manager for you guys but maybe the cheapest option.

Trig

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:58 am

Trig wrote:If i have told you once i have told you a thousand times if you get Lambert,,you will be sorry,,not proved at all..ok look at Martines Wigan picked him up from Swansea because he had them playng well,Liverpool have gone for another Champs success un proven finished bottom half in a very bad prem ,Nope wrong manager for you guys but maybe the cheapest option.

Not the cheapest option as we are paying compensation.

Hard to get managers that are proven in the Premier League as they will be managing the top teams.

Who would have been a good choice then?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Trig wrote:If i have told you once i have told you a thousand times if you get Lambert,,you will be sorry,,not proved at all..ok look at Martines Wigan picked him up from Swansea because he had them playng well,Liverpool have gone for another Champs success un proven finished bottom half in a very bad prem ,Nope wrong manager for you guys but maybe the cheapest option.

Not the cheapest option as we are paying compensation.

Hard to get managers that are proven in the Premier League as they will be managing the top teams.

Who would have been a good choice then?

There is only one guy for me who would fit in with Villa fans and it has to be Steve fecking Kean... Very Happy Very Happy ,, Your right though there really isnt much choice..

Trig

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:42 am

I think he will do well for us if we get him, can't be any worst then the previous incumbent.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:47 am

A few reports saying he will have 20M to spend upfront which Lerner will offset with any sales later..

He needs at least that much to get 4-6 players in.. including free transfers..

Looking forward to the summer Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:A few reports saying he will have 20M to spend upfront which Lerner will offset with any sales later..

He needs at least that much to get 4-6 players in.. including free transfers..

Looking forward to the summer Very Happy

Lets hope we can find some mug to buy our back four off us and start again there.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:55 am

I'd be happy with a new RB and one new very good CB, someone who is captain material. I think Warnock is still good enough, he made some mistakes but then he shows what a good LB he is at times, just needs to be that good consistently.

Get Graham Holt in as well along side Bent, he has just tweeted how his time at Norwich is over and he hasn't had any falling out with Lambert. bounce

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:57 am

Depends on the cost of Holt, wouldn't want to pay more than 3 million for him as he is 31.

Really hope Sunderland come in for Warnock, I think he is absolute shite.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Problem is Oneil isnt allowed to bid for a player 24 hours before deadline closes Rolling Eyes

Would love for us to shift all four.. but think it is very unlikely.. right now can't see anyone going for Mutton or Warnock.. out of the four if we had to keep one it should be dunne.. alongside a pacy CB..

Holt might not be a bad idea but 3-4M max for him.. Wouldn't mind Diame.. N Zonzi and Junior Hoillet but other clubs will be chasing them too..

Lets also hope that Mcminge at least did one good thing with buying Hollman and he turns out to be an asset.. Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Who the fcuk is Graham Holt?

Anyway imo Lambert is the manager to get 30+ goals from a Agbonlahor/ Bent partnership. With Weimann in reserve i don't think we need too much up front. A central midfielder, centre half and a left winger if we can ship out that lazy pile of Frog shit are musts to add to the squad. I am also hoping Albrighton can play to his potential this season pr i fear it'll be his last in a Villa shirt.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Back to back promotions, 12th in the Prem and an extensive schooling. He's the perfect choice.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:34 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Who the fcuk is Graham Holt?

Anyway imo Lambert is the manager to get 30+ goals from a Agbonlahor/ Bent partnership. With Weimann in reserve i don't think we need too much up front. A central midfielder, centre half and a left winger if we can ship out that lazy pile of Frog shit are musts to add to the squad. I am also hoping Albrighton can play to his potential this season pr i fear it'll be his last in a Villa shirt.

Grant Holt then you mug!!!

I been on the piss!

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:06 pm

I thought Graham may be some player Ades had alerted you to whilst perusing Football Manager
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:45 pm

I play football manager about as much as you watch foreign football Wink
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:29 pm

This all brings it home how difficult it is to find a decent manager.
When the fans (any fans) get pissed off it's "(name your manager) OUT!" but look at what's happening right now - Rodgers to Liverpool (which might well be a great shout but not everyone's convinced) - Lambert to Villa (likewise, especially in view of recent history). I just hope these two work out well cos if they don't, WTF?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Personally i believe Lambert to be an ideal fit for the Villa and as long as the Scousers back Rodgers i think he'll be a success. However i think had it been the other way round i don't think it would've worked.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:53 pm

JPR, no too sure what you mean by recent history, assume you mean the previous two managers. Houllier was given a chance until he started wanking in front of the red shite when he went back to Liverpool and then played a reserve team in important cup game at Man City. Mcleish's style of football, alllied to his record at the sty, was a worry to Villa fans no doubt. Most however gave him a chance and he proved that he is far too negative with his tactics. Lambert seems to be a popular choice, we know we aint got a good team, but it should have finished far higher than it did IMHO.

As for Jesus, he has a problem with Lambert from Colchester days, when he had the cheek to leave them for Norwich. By the way, newspaper reports suggest he has a clause in his contract to speak to another premiership club, so if Norwich are denying him that opportunity, I dont blame him in his actions. If I had married my missus with the proviso I could trade her in for a younger better model, do you think I would still be with her Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Yes. Due to the lack of interest from other parties
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:22 pm

There was me talking sense and you go and put a dampener on it Sad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:32 pm

villanfromluton wrote:There was me talking sense and you go and put a dampener on it Sad

Talking sense, that's novel! Very Happy
Reddi!
Reddi!

http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum