JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Man City today

+7
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
truevillan
jak
ADRIAN_1976
villahagler69
Billy Bonds
Jay.P.A
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So, Man City today - Page 2 Empty Re: So, Man City today

Post  QBVILLA Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Deflection or not Guzan was at fault ashe got beat on his near post. It's an error, not enough reason to drop him but even so he'll know himself that his positioning was wrong. And Jay you say at 0-2 it's all over. That is the problem because the players thought the same. Last week United were 2 down away to us and being outplayed. They won. We fell apart yesterday. What happens if Reading get a two goal lead later this month due to a poor decision and a deflection? We're fcuked in that case. These boys need to toughen up sharpish. If not they will be on record as the worst Villa side for 26 years and Lambert will be ranked alongside Billy McNeill. Ability wise we're fine, but mentally, i'm not so sure
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:07 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Billy Bonds wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:
Billy Bonds wrote:

it took or might have taken a very slight deflection of you defender...but even so, he should have had that stopped

Nothing slight about it. Without the deflection that was going across goal.

Point is that man city player is about 4 yards from the goal keeper....And the ball takes a slight deflection , and there is about what 3 ft if less between him and the inner post....any decent goal keeper would have still saved that..IMHO....

Havent seen the incident but reckon marky boy is chatting shite as per normal Very Happy

He's on the money on this one
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:12 pm

He's not, QB.

Goalies shouldn't be beat at the near post - true - but (IMO) only if the attacker shoots towards the near post.

Took a deflection and went in near post.

If it didn't, Guzan had already positioned himself correctly as the shot was going across goal, evidently.

At the end of the day, doesn't matter. We lost 5-0.

Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 pm

One step to the left and he's got the near post covered and it's gonna have to take a world class strike to beat him at the far post. Look at Guzan's reaction, he knows his starting position is all wrong. Basic goalkeeping coaching tells you that is a goalie error. Like I said it'd be harsh to drop him for that but i believe that those who make the mistakes should recognise the error and learn from it.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:When it was 0-0 we hit them on the break and had 2 good chances to score. Hart makes 2 very good saves.

They score a scrappy goal, but we were still defending well and hitting them on the break.

That decision by the linesman was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. The whole team and Yaya Toure were patting Ron Vlaar on the back for the great tackle he made which resulted in a corner. Linesman's flagging, Penalty. Not one city player, or supporter even appealed for one at all. Seriously stupid that MOTD were sucking Kompany's balls rather then showing and analysing the incident, let alone mentioning just the once it on MoTD.

At 2-0, no turning back really. Third pen was harsh, but that was a correct call. If it was at the other end we'd be furious if we didn't get that one so fair enough. Bannan should know Silva is left footed and was always going to cut back on to it, don't slide in the area. 3-0, game over, damage limitation time.

For the 4th goal, Guzan got unlucky as it took a deflection from Stevens into near post, otherwise he dived the right way to stop it, as it was going across goal. In no way is that Guzan's fault, don't know what the feck Mark is on about. Poor defending though to allow Aguero to get his shot away in the first place.

5th goal was too easy for City, but we have to remember exactly that - they're Man City. They do this to teams.

This season there's going to be results like this - we've got to except it. Under PL, Norwich lost 5-1 and 6-1 last season to Man City, but it was also 'his' team that beat United last night. November was always going to be a shitty month with the fixtures we got, but after Arsenal we've got Reading, QPR and Stoke. Need to get points from these games - and I think we will.

We're sitting 18th, but we're also only 3 points from 14th and 6 points from 11th. I've seen us perform well enough in the last couple of games so it's encouraging. Keep the faith, we'll be alright IMO. We're also going to sign players in January.

5 of the 11 players on the pitch were signed by Hughton. Including the back 4 which was pretty much the reason they won.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:When it was 0-0 we hit them on the break and had 2 good chances to score. Hart makes 2 very good saves.

They score a scrappy goal, but we were still defending well and hitting them on the break.

That decision by the linesman was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. The whole team and Yaya Toure were patting Ron Vlaar on the back for the great tackle he made which resulted in a corner. Linesman's flagging, Penalty. Not one city player, or supporter even appealed for one at all. Seriously stupid that MOTD were sucking Kompany's balls rather then showing and analysing the incident, let alone mentioning just the once it on MoTD.

At 2-0, no turning back really. Third pen was harsh, but that was a correct call. If it was at the other end we'd be furious if we didn't get that one so fair enough. Bannan should know Silva is left footed and was always going to cut back on to it, don't slide in the area. 3-0, game over, damage limitation time.

For the 4th goal, Guzan got unlucky as it took a deflection from Stevens into near post, otherwise he dived the right way to stop it, as it was going across goal. In no way is that Guzan's fault, don't know what the feck Mark is on about. Poor defending though to allow Aguero to get his shot away in the first place.

5th goal was too easy for City, but we have to remember exactly that - they're Man City. They do this to teams.

This season there's going to be results like this - we've got to except it. Under PL, Norwich lost 5-1 and 6-1 last season to Man City, but it was also 'his' team that beat United last night. November was always going to be a shitty month with the fixtures we got, but after Arsenal we've got Reading, QPR and Stoke. Need to get points from these games - and I think we will.

We're sitting 18th, but we're also only 3 points from 14th and 6 points from 11th. I've seen us perform well enough in the last couple of games so it's encouraging. Keep the faith, we'll be alright IMO. We're also going to sign players in January.

5 of the 11 players on the pitch were signed by Hughton. Including the back 4 which was pretty much the reason they won.

That's why I put it in inverted commas. Still the foundations of his team though innit?

Last edited by Jay.P.A on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Because it wasn't his team? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:30 pm

No, I put in inverted commas because obviously it's not completely his team. Still, Lambert was with that team for 3/4 years. And the point I was trying to make there was that we need to ride this rollercoaster of a season and give him time. The results will come.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Think Guzan will feel disappointed at conceding that goal to be honest. QB has it right as well about the penalty finishing the game, why the feck did they give up? No excuse IMHO even if it was a poor decision (havent seen it myself). Would be great to have seen them show some balls and the right attitude to fight back instead of hiding behind a poor decision
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:10 pm

We were definitely in the game before the second goal which indicates to me that ability wise we aren't too far away as it was Man City we were against. However, that is the second time we've folded this season after the Saints game. Not good enough. Reading and Southampton won yesterday and Sunderland have had a great win today. We are in the shit and can't afford to be acting like pussies. It's big bollocks time.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Mick Dennis on tallsport said that Hughton is turning things round and how they are defending better then they were last year..

His whole conversation was about Norwich but as a Villa fan it slightly alarmed me that how Norwich have got better defensively since PL left and Hughton came in... esp considering the amount of goals we have let in...
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Hughton felt the need to bring in a whole new back 4, I don't think defending is Lambert's forte. If only you had a defensive minded Jock in charge, hey? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:05 pm

I still don't get how the feck we fell so sharpishly in a matter of a few seasons.. a mate of mine said he thinks no Villa players would get into the baggies team and even thou i argued the case he did have a very good point..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:24 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I still don't get how the feck we fell so sharpishly in a matter of a few seasons.. a mate of mine said he thinks no Villa players would get into the baggies team and even thou i argued the case he did have a very good point..

ONeills departure started the demise of Villa, followed by one shambolic managerial appointment and then another. Lambert is starting pretty much from scratch. Look at the team he started against the Manchester clubs, only Gabby from the side who finished the season under MON. Im happy with what he is trying to do and just hope he does`nt get us relegated during the process.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Villa played very well against Man U last week and were a little unlucky not to get something from that game.
The penalty decision for the second goal against Man C was a disgrace. Against a team like Man C away that's a real kick in the nuts for a young side.
I know you boys were up after last week, you can't have really expected much this week.
On the face of it you have a difficult task against The Arsenal. I hope it is but I'm not expecting an easy ride at Villa Park.
Despite the Man C defeat, I think that between now and the new year you will see a marked improvement in Villa's performance.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Jak, I tend to agree with you, but we completely folded against Southampton earlier in the season as well. I will take your word for it about the penalty decision, but the fact remains is they needed to show some fight after this and seemingly just folded, so that is a worry
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Jak, I tend to agree with you, but we completely folded against Southampton earlier in the season as well. I will take your word for it about the penalty decision, but the fact remains is they needed to show some fight after this and seemingly just folded, so that is a worry
I think you've got to look more at the Utd performance and the improvement shown. For me Villa have improved a lot from early season. They've run across a hard run of fixtures at the wrong time.
Get through this and the experience gained will be invaluable.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Didnt think I would say it, but want Dunne back alongside Vlaar, am not convinced with Clark at centre back
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:53 pm

villahagler69 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I still don't get how the feck we fell so sharpishly in a matter of a few seasons.. a mate of mine said he thinks no Villa players would get into the baggies team and even thou i argued the case he did have a very good point..

ONeills departure started the demise of Villa, followed by one shambolic managerial appointment and then another. Lambert is starting pretty much from scratch. Look at the team he started against the Manchester clubs, only Gabby from the side who finished the season under MON. Im happy with what he is trying to do and just hope he does`nt get us relegated during the process.

I think the Demise started when the chairman gave an open cheque book to a manager who's limitation in the transfer market didn't come out till it was too late..

Except for Lion of course... Hope he's ok!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:10 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villahagler69 wrote:

I think the Demise started when the chairman gave an open cheque book to a manager who's limitation in the transfer market didn't come out till it was too late..

Except for Lion of course... Hope he's ok!

I'm with you on the Lion bit. I miss him on this forum. No one quite shows the concern over Beds's butt as he used to. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:31 am

I miss Lion too. Despite his concern for my butt....
Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:52 am

We're in a world of shit IMO. I think any team in the prem will fancy scoring 2 or more against us home or away. 9 points and a third of the season gone already. We need a massive improvement to make 40 points let alone have a decent finish.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:23 am

Bedshammer wrote:I miss Lion too. Despite his concern for my butt....
Very Happy

Beds, I ask this in honour of our beloved Lionheart,
have you? Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:35 am

jak wrote:
Very Happy

have you? Very Happy

Very Happy
The answer's still no!
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
jak wrote:
Very Happy

have you? Very Happy

Very Happy
The answer's still no!

Its not too late Bedsy!
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content