JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QPR away

+8
roadoftrinity
villanfromluton
jak
ADRIAN_1976
Bedshammer
QBVILLA
FrenchSpur
Jay.P.A
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

QPR away Empty QPR away

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Big game today.

If we win, we'll move up the table slowly but surely. A loss will mean QPR will gain ground on the teams around them, including us.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

QPR away Empty Re: QPR away

Post  FrenchSpur Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Its a six pointer for the relegation battle..... Very Happy Very Happy
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:41 pm

A very incisive thread
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:59 pm

1-1 Draw.. happy with the point..

Second half was one way traffic with us defending and QPR attacking.. not good enough against a team with no win all season..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Ades, we've got the youngest team in the league. Started the day 17th and away at a club who've just had a new manager. That is 5 points from the last 9 and three games unbeaten. That is a great point.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:23 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Ades, we've got the youngest team in the league. Started the day 17th and away at a club who've just had a new manager. That is 5 points from the last 9 and three games unbeaten. That is a great point.

Of course it is !!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:44 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Ades, we've got the youngest team in the league. Started the day 17th and away at a club who've just had a new manager. That is 5 points from the last 9 and three games unbeaten. That is a great point.

I'm not arguing against that. Three unbeaten is very good.. Was just disappointed that in second half they were all over us.. Thought we would show more going forward..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:25 pm

We were the away team. They were well fancied to get their first win today. We have to take the positive that we played the game out and got an away point. On current form we'll end up mid table and i'll take that. Stoke at home next and we know that won't be easy but if we nick a win then all of a sudden we're unbeaten in 4 with 8 points from 12. Tough ask but not impossible.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:36 pm

The way we played second half and the substitutions PL made i don't think we are showing mid table form.. that second half was piss poor IMO.. This was a must win for QPR.. having a new manager meant that come the 70th minute they would get very nervy thinking could they mess this up.. but we didn't bother them or bring on the likes of Ireland to try and nick it..

Our next four games are.. Stoke (H) Liverpool (A) Chelsea (A) Spuds (H)

Thats not an easy set of games esp if we play like we did against QPR in the second half..

Don't get me wrong im happy with the point.. i'd taken it before the game but i didn't think that they would hit the wood work three times and Guzan would make three good saves....

PL best have some quality lined up in Jan.. three players min please..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Only other thing i can think of is that PL has already decided that Bent N Zog Ireland and co are surplus to requirements come Jan.. in which case he hopefully has players already lined up to come in...
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Aren't showing mid table form? Have a look where Fulham are. Three points ahead of us. As for the players you say are surplus. Possibly right, though NZog is out injured and Ireland has apparently been carrying a knock. We'll have to see. I will say though the three combined cost over 40 million and uf we sold them all now i think we'd do well to recoup half of that. To bomb them all out at the same time may prove to be a suicidal decision. After losing a two goal lead to Man Utd and capitulating at City, the fact we've played the game out and got an away point shows we've improved. I'm happy with that. Small steps.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Some dumb fecker text me saying he would be happy with a point today and I totally agreed, being the Spivs first home game. Now he comes on here moaning that we were struggling second half. Jeckyl and hyde Very Happy

Not seen sod all of the game, but am pleased with a point. As QB says, we have a very young team and they are showing some balls. Stop being a miserable fecker
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:56 pm

So basically if you make a constructive comment that we were poor in the second half.. they hit the wood work three times and Guzan made three good saves.. plus the substitutions were negative it means your being miserable.. fecking hell in that case you and Mark must be near on suicidal Very Happy

Yes i would be happy with a point.. but there's a difference between that and the second half performance and sustitutes.. we were poor.. no qualms about that..

QB said we are showing mid table form.. all i said was i don't think we are.. the lads are doing well.. but thats the problem.. there lads.. we need to get some men in ASAP to help them..

Also QB.. Bent is a goner.. Ireland will never be sold for what we got for him and N Zog judging by his shenanigans last and this season we wont be getting the 10M we paid for him.. sell them in Jan or summer we will be taking a hit on all three.. my point was it seems PL doesn't see them in his long term plans.. wants them off the wage bill..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:00 pm

5 points in 3 games x that by 12 = 60 points in 36 games Very Happy

Dont get your knickers in a twist Ades, I said before the game would be happy with a point and I stick to that now. The lads will get better IMHO and are showing some balls, which is much needed. If QB is correct about Ireland not being fully fit, makes some sense to the decision not to play him. NZog was shite last season, lets give him one last chance when he is fully fit IMHO
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:04 pm

I agree Bent is a goner.
Zog is injured, Ireland is carrying a knock so we need to see what happens when fit.
We've taken 5 points from 9.
Twelfth placed Fulham are 3 pts ahead of us so on that basis, mid table form.
We came away with a point so were the substitutions negative or a successful necessary?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:08 pm

What were the substitutions?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:14 pm

A point away at QPR is a great result, any point away from home is good and considering it was Rednapps first home game in charge I'm over the moon to get a point.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:19 pm

ROT, well said, realism rather than some eejits on here who expect a young team to stuff the spiv's first home game. As for the substitutions, just seen them, and read some articles, apparently young Williams did very well, and Delph and KEA not bad subs IMHO. If you are under the cosh, take the point
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Fans like to moan. The subs can't be that bad as we got the point. Need to beat Stoke next week though with the 3 games after that.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Took Herd off to give a debut to some 19 year old, which resulted with a complete reshuffle of positions for Lichaj, Lowton. Then later brought on Delph and Ahmandi who to be honest were both pretty dire. Delph is an accident waiting to happen. He dwells on the ball to much in the centre and either passes blindly or slips on his ass from turning sharply. I had high hopes for the Moroccan after a storming start to his Villa career but he looked very average again today in the short time he had.

Lowton and Benteke (first half) impressed again just a concern regards the lack of attacking flair throughout the 2nd half. No one to create chances.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:32 pm

villahagler69 wrote:Took Herd off to give a debut to some 19 year old, which resulted with a complete reshuffle of positions for Lichaj, Lowton. Then later brought on Delph and Ahmandi who to be honest were both pretty dire. Delph is an accident waiting to happen. He dwells on the ball to much in the centre and either passes blindly or slips on his ass from turning sharply. I had high hopes for the Moroccan after a storming start to his Villa career but he looked very average again today in the short time he had.

Lowton and Benteke (first half) impressed again just a concern regards the lack of attacking flair throughout the 2nd half. No one to create chances.

Herd has just come back from injury, maybe he was knackered?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:38 pm

I was watching quite a bad stream and didnt really notice Herd much at all, but I thought first half performance was pretty decent. It was end too end stuff and defensively the lads did very well, Baker probably the stand out.

Losing patience with Bannan, today again was giving away possesion way to easily. I maybe being too harsh on him I just read a stunning stat that he is the best crosser at present in Europe???? with a near 50% completion rate!! Shocked

Got to be a wind up confused

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 pm

He's still young and pass selection comes with age. I'm glad Bannan has a go at attempting to create rather than being a square 5 yrd passer safety first merchant. What doesn't help Bannan is the lack of intelligence in Gabby's runs. His tendency to rock on his heels can make a good lofted through ball look poor
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:52 pm

QB thought he was good the other night, I thought some of his decisions were very poor to be honest, but opinions and QB's were wrong Wink . I am not convinced by him, dont like him shirking challenges on the odd occassion, but he does seem to put a shift in for the team and so long as he does that fair enough
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum