JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunne and Collins

+5
QBVILLA
villahagler69
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
Jay.P.A
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dunne and Collins - Page 2 Empty Re: Dunne and Collins

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:48 pm

That wasnt very often Lion and we both know it.

McNaught got loads of stick when we signed him, big fat lad apparently even though he was my MOTM at Wembley certainly. Dunne was a great influence today and Collins was a great surprise. Liked the comment on another thread that he wasnt worried when the oppositiob had a corner for the first time in many years
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:07 pm

villanfromluton wrote:That wasnt very often Lion and we both know it.

McNaught got loads of stick when we signed him, big fat lad apparently even though he was my MOTM at Wembley certainly. Dunne was a great influence today and Collins was a great surprise. Liked the comment on another thread that he wasnt worried when the oppositiob had a corner for the first time in many years

McNaught got stick because he replaced a hero in Nichol - however he was still a youngster (22 I think) and won the crowd over - one more of Saunders magical soignings

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:26 pm

Lionheart wrote:

McNaught got stick because he replaced a hero in Nichol - however he was still a youngster (22 I think) and won the crowd over - one more of Saunders magical soignings

And Laursen wasnt a hero either, though I take your point? I think MON has done very well with his signings this time out, just think who wasnt even on the bench today :chug:
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:41 am

Lionheart wrote:

Bet you're just waiting for another defeat.Give it a rest
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:49 am

Lionheart wrote:Calm down Calm Down

Look at the opposition - lets see them bringing the ball out of defence and creating the game at OT and the Emirates

Yes, that's what centre backs are there for. Often you see Vidic and Ferdinand bringing the ball out of defence and creating the game.

If I saw one of our centre backs running with the ball through midfield away at OT or Emirates, I would want to linch the fucker. They are there to defend.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:59 am

roadoftrinity wrote:

Look at the opposition - lets see them bringing the ball out of defence and creating the game at OT and the Emirates

Yes, that's what centre backs are there for. Often you see Vidic and Ferdinand bringing the ball out of defence and creating the game.

If I saw one of our centre backs running with the ball through midfield away at OT or Emirates, I would want to linch the fucker. They are there to defend.

Man U gave a master class at Tottenham in how to shut out the opposition by keeping the ball. From the moment they went down to 10 men they took over ball possession by playing it around and stopping Tottenham from getting it. Much of this involved Ferdinand playing the ball out to O´Shea on the right then dropping back to get the ball again - thats the difference

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:06 am

Lionheart wrote:

Man U gave a master class at Tottenham in how to shut out the opposition by keeping the ball. From the moment they went down to 10 men they took over ball possession by playing it around and stopping Tottenham from getting it. Much of this involved Ferdinand playing the ball out to O´Shea on the right then dropping back to get the ball again - thats the difference

I thought our defenders kept the ball well against the Blues, other than Cueller. Didn't you?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

I thought our defenders kept the ball well against the Blues, other than Cueller. Didn't you?

ROT

We didn´t have the game on TV here

I don´t understand the idea of playing Cuellar at RB - he´s a CB - just like Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:15 am

Lionheart wrote:
ROT

We didn´t have the game on TV here

I don´t understand the idea of playing Cuellar at RB - he´s a CB - just like Mellberg

Nope, I dont understand that one. I am hoping that it's because he thought that Blues would play a lot of long balls, so wanted the extra areal ability. Hopefully we will see Young or Beye at right back against Portsmoth, but I can see it been the same again.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am

Lionheart wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

Well Lion if you actually saw the game, that exactly what Dunne and Collins were doing, getting the ball on the floor and passing it. Sure, they hoofed it up a couple of times, but for the majority, they kept it on the floor.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:13 am

Jay.P.A wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

Well Lion if you actually saw the game, that exactly what Dunne and Collins were doing, getting the ball on the floor and passing it. Sure, they hoofed it up a couple of times, but for the majority, they kept it on the floor.

Yep it was actually getting annoying watch the back four pass it round so much keeping possesion, bored me to death, much better when we just get the ball up the wings quickly and get the ball in the box, even if it means we don't hold onto it for long :fishing:

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum