JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunne and Collins

+5
QBVILLA
villahagler69
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
Jay.P.A
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dunne and Collins Empty Dunne and Collins

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:55 pm

Were absolutely superb today....very solid at the back, neither one of them put a foot wrong IMO.

Well Done lads.

0-1

SOTC.

cheers
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Dunne and Collins Empty Re: Dunne and Collins

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:00 pm

Goona be great going work in the morning with a fair few bluenoses floating around cheers

Thought the defence was great and won everything.. Collins was caught out of position a few times but good in the air..

Wasnt a great spectacle but it was a blood and thunder game which we nicked.. :laugh:
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:08 pm

It was a very, very nail-biting end to the game - well, it wouldn't be a Villa game if it wasn't!!!!!!

cheers
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Got to say Collins really impressed me. Thought he was very cool on the ball and good distribution.

We were crap to be honest until Carew came on, but who gives a toss. Collins MOTM for me, MON picked the best centre half from the hammers after all Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:18 pm

We did say he's a good player..

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:We did say he's a good player..

For once, you were right Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:24 pm

All 3 debutants were very good, Collins the best though. Thought Jimmy had a mare to be honest, terrible passing shooting etc. Fair play to ONeill I think he was close to hauling him off, he was having a hard time but stayed with it.

Get In!!!

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Cuellar's passing is terrible but i still think he played really well.. i know Collins had a good debut but i would still try the Cuellar Dunne parthership..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:30 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Cuellar's passing is terrible but i still think he played really well.. i know Collins had a good debut but i would still try the Cuellar Dunne parthership..

You are a miserable fceker Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:36 pm

I think Milner had a bad game today. He wasn't terrible but some of his passes were misplaced and generally was under average.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:39 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Cuellar's passing is terrible but i still think he played really well.. i know Collins had a good debut but i would still try the Cuellar Dunne parthership..

You are a miserable fceker Very Happy

Feck you.. Cuellar deserves a chance he has been really good the last three prem games Basketball
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:43 pm

I thought Cuellar was excellent today at right back, didnt think his distribution was too bad to be honest. Agree he has played well at centre half and is great to have some real competition for places now.

Jay, agree regarding Milner, had a 10 minute spell when he looked more like Useless De la cruz than his normal self.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Portsmouth up next :chug:
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:45 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I thought Cuellar was excellent today at right back, didnt think his distribution was too bad to be honest. Agree he has played well at centre half and is great to have some real competition for places now.

Jay, agree regarding Milner, had a 10 minute spell when he looked more like Useless De la cruz than his normal self.

That's some disguise
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:51 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Got to say Collins really impressed me. Thought he was very cool on the ball and good distribution.

We were crap to be honest until Carew came on, but who gives a toss. Collins MOTM for me, MON picked the best centre half from the hammers after all Very Happy

I told you he was a decent player. Hopefully he won't be too injury prone for you.....
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Beds, he was far more comfortable on the ball than I had expected, though we have to temper the performance against the fact the opposition were shite Very Happy Very Happy . Wheres my mate Finn, he will go awol for another six months Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Lutes, I think if Collins hadn't been injured for a few months last season he'd still be a first team choice for the Hammers. He was unlucky enough to pick up an injury just as Zola was starting to form his team. He's one of those honest, gets on with it sort of players.
I did once see him jump out of his range rover in Green Street to have a row with a fan who banged on his bonnet. I think both of them were up for it but 200 onlookers all laughing made them think otherwise.
Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:32 pm

I thought Collins looked very good, it was his type of game I think with a lot of balls pumped into the box, but he seemed to have good reading of the game and was in good positions to head it out.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Calm down Calm Down

Look at the opposition - lets see them bringing the ball out of defence and creating the game at OT and the Emirates

Not

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:28 pm

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:34 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Beds, he was far more comfortable on the ball than I had expected, though we have to temper the performance against the fact the opposition were shite Very Happy Very Happy . Wheres my mate Finn, he will go awol for another six months Wink

Moi ??? not a chance Lutes, I have far too much fun reading the innane witterings of some of your colleagues Very Happy

At the end of the day MON gambled and when you see the match stats it paid off...he must love putting out teams against Big Feckup.

Hull next I believe, bet we play 7-2-1 formation affraid
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Finn, I sincerely hope you stay up and I dont just mean for the 6 points. Seemed a good atmosphere, shame some trouble at the end, but morons will be morons. Couple of flags were a bit out of order in the ground as well. Villa didnt play well, but as we both know, the result is all that matters, especially on Derby day.

Lion, you are one miserable fceker :)
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Firstly I want my centrebacks to be centrebacks, clearing everything,winning challenges etc. Thats what Dunne and Collins are about, doing everything they can to stop the opposition from scoring. If your centrebacks can play a bit too then thats a bonus and those sorts are few and far between.
I knew about Dunne but Collins impressed more today and I was pleasantly surprised with his all round game. Two big ,ugly no nonsense hardmen is what you want defending your keeper and thats what we have.

Cuellar?, well..................... he`s just ugly cyclops

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:33 pm

You have to remember that when Lion was in his 30's, Villa were at their best with two ball playing centre halves by the name of Allan Evans and Ken McNaught Rolling Eyes .
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:42 pm

villanfromluton wrote:You have to remember that when Lion was in his 30's, Villa were at their best with two ball playing centre halves by the name of Allan Evans and Ken McNaught Rolling Eyes .

The difference was they had a rather clever little footballer called Cowans who would often receive the ball from Rimmer behind them and link the play various times before releasing Morley to take the piss out of the opposition full back

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next