JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Villa Gossip

+3
ADRIAN_1976
Jay.P.A
Bedshammer
7 posters

Go down

Villa Gossip Empty Villa Gossip

Post  Bedshammer Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:15 am

Aston Villa are bracing themselves for a battle to hold on to Ashley Young, with Chelsea and Real Madrid set to be interested in the £20m-rated winger.
(Full story: Daily Mirror)

Villa have targeted Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone as a replacement for Gareth Barry and will bid £6m for him. (Mirror)

David Bentley could also make the switch from White Hart Lane to Villa Park, but only if Spurs are prepared to accept £5m less than the £15m they paid Blackburn for him.
(Full story: Daily Star)
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Villa Gossip Empty Re: Villa Gossip

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:17 pm

The rumor mill is in full effect then I see!

I miss the old Jwned Emotes. We need some of them back!
geek
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:37 pm

These aren't bad.
Shocked What a Face Suspect clown cyclops tongue :silent: cat monkey pig 🐰 affraid :bom: :drunken: :rendeer:
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Still getting linked to the same type of player.. british and potential.. im not totally against it but for fucks sake Oneil we have just lost our Captain and main England International player, go and bloody buy someone that makes up all sit us and take notice and not Tom Huddlestone!! Basketball

There's a wealth of talent abroad.. but for some reason we will probably buy resereves from teams that finished below us and try and make them world beaters..

Also if Ashley Young goes then the dream is over and Randy might aswell sell us to a rich arab that see's 100k a week for players wages as loose change!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Those who moaned about Barry's lack of pace will spontaneously combust if we get Huddlestone.Personally I think he's a good player but he's not in the same class as Barry
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:39 pm

QB even on the old jwned ive always said i rate Huddlestone and is a player who can become something really good.. but he hasnt kicked on and old harry wants to get rid.. fair enough we add him to the squad but if he is barry's replacement then we are fecked IMO

Also if the Ashley Young rumour is true then that will really test us..

It would be nice to sign some players that excite us and that are not just steady eddies.. even thou we take the piss out of Spurs fans for ebing deluded they still have won a cup and reached another final and brought players that atleast get you excited.. berbatov..keane..modric..de santos..woodgate.. to name a few.. yep thyeve wasted shit loads but there not a million miles from us infact they could well finish above us next season!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:52 pm

As the respective squads currently stand i'd back the hated foreskinless cockmunchers to finish above us.However, this is the point where Mr Lerner and Mr O'Neill have to show their intent.
Laursen's retirement was a huge blow and Barry's transfer has left me feeling extremely frustrated.Reason being that the last time we had a side that looked like mounting a challenge we sold Dwight Yorke.He was followed out of the door by Ehiogu and Southgate, who at the time i rated as the best centre half partnership in the league.We slid from UEFA challengers to mid table junk to even shitter at a rapid rate.Unless we bring in a top quality centre half and a top quality centre midfielder then i fear it'll happen again.
With the World Cup coming up next summer, Young,Milner,Agbonlahor, and possibly Davies will be given the chance to showcase their talents on a massive stage.We'll have a far better chance of holding onto them if we're knocking on the door of the Champions League rather than guffing around in 10th.
I don't want to witness another Villa team where we've got players of the ilk of De La Cruz,Bakke,Ridgewell and Enckleman as first choice.It seems laughable to even consider that a possibility, but then again in 1998 when we sold Yorkie i'd have said there was no chance....
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:10 pm

I really hope MON signs someone soon.......
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:29 am

Here's today's dollop of gossip.

Tottenham have offered David Bentley plus £8m for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.
(Full story: The Sun)

Villa, though, are interested in taking £10m-rated midfielder Jermaine Jenas from Spurs, and are also keen on Serbian defensive midfielder Nenad Mililjas, who had been interesting Premier League new-boys Wolves.
(Full story: Daily Mail)
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:38 am

i'd be happy if we added Bentley to the squad but not in a million years for Young, Harry must be bonkers to even think we would contemplate that move.

Who does Spurs think they are anyway thinking they would be able to get both Barry and Young off us? anyone would think they finished 4th last year.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Aston Villa are bracing themselves for a battle to hold on to Ashley Young, with Chelsea and Real Madrid set to be interested in the £20m-rated winger.

Villa have targeted Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone as a replacement for Gareth Barry and will bid £6m for him. (Mirror)

David Bentley could also make the switch from White Hart Lane to Villa Park, but only if Spurs are prepared to accept £5m less than the £15m they paid Blackburn for him.
(Full story: Daily Star)

Losing Young would be a disaster for the club and knock us back a long way coupled with the loss of GB and Laursen. Hopefully MON & Lerner will resist this as much as poss. Also think we need to show a bit more ambition than Huddleston to be honest.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:36 pm

Spud mate text me that this morning, he would be happy to get rid of Bentley for nothing, though Spud fans are very harsh. I think he is a good player, but a prize prick to boot, MON would need to sort him out like Hughes did. No way get rid of Ashley Young unless the money is totally silly. Losing him would be a massive blow, but lets be realistic, he will go if the likes of Chelsea or Real Madrid come along.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down