JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big game coming up.

2 posters

Go down

Big game coming up. Empty Big game coming up.

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Liverpool, at Anfield - it fair takes you back to the days of Mickey Thomas, Alan Smith and the lads who did 'The Impossible' in '89.
However, this is twenty years later - can we get a result? Is the Pope a Catholic?
I'm seeing us bamboozling Liverpool down their flanks - a 2-0 win and lots of Guiness being drunk (I'll be at my mates boozer, the one who's an Irish Liverpool fan - there's gonna be fun I can tell ya)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Big game coming up. Empty Re: Big game coming up.

Post  jpr60 Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:59 pm

My mate conceded early doors - he recognosed we were the better team and was actually quite gracious about it.
Excellent goal from AA - deserved to win any match a goal like that.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 pm

And now we go to Burnley - another must-win if we are to keep pressure on ManU and Chelsea.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:57 pm

I listened to the first 60 mins on the radio on the way back from Gloucester, you seemed to be awful first half. Great strike by Arshavin for the goal. Still worry about the keeper, not good enough for Arsenal IMHO
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:49 pm

Motivation more than anything else, Wenger recognized that and corrected it at half time...job done.

When you have players like Arshavin you can go after teams, turn a game around and win, i remember saying when you got Arshavin (at a good price IMO) he's the kind of player that can force a game, very good player, I would expect it to be between Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd at the end and i wouldn't be surprised to see one of the favourites fall of after Christmas.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm

Malachite wrote:Motivation more than anything else, Wenger recognized that and corrected it at half time...job done.

When you have players like Arshavin you can go after teams, turn a game around and win, i remember saying when you got Arshavin (at a good price IMO) he's the kind of player that can force a game, very good player, I would expect it to be between Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd at the end and i wouldn't be surprised to see one of the favourites fall of after Christmas.

We've really gotta get our heads down now and work for results. Our football can be and often is brilliant but we need that extra something to notch up the goals - it doesn't matter who gets them as long as they go in. We keep putting in the work we'll get the results and there's no good reason why a team as adept, as technically brilliant as The Arsenal are on their day shouldn't be expecting to win a trophy or two, THIS season and in the future. We were ridiculously unlucky at Old Trafford, we let the game go against Chelsea, we never looked beaten at Anfield (I actually don't think we were as bad as is being said now in the first half although we conceded a weak goal and could have been 2-0 down) - I wanna see more of that 'keep at'em' spirit and no more of that 'we've lost it against Chelsea' attitude that, for me was rock bottom. We're back in with a chance, we've got the talent to take it!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Definitely got the talent, best pure footballing side in the Prem.

And you have the players that can provide that magic touch, some of the angles he takes them from are mind blowing.
Anyway thought you would enjoy this...........with a little add on of raw power. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcBaYSV6RTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0BMLuRD-k0

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:00 am

Malachite wrote:Definitely got the talent, best pure footballing side in the Prem.

And you have the players that can provide that magic touch, some of the angles he takes them from are mind blowing.
Anyway thought you would enjoy this...........with a little add on of raw power. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcBaYSV6RTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0BMLuRD-k0

We were saying just recently that Agbonlahor has to be in the England squad for next year's finals - before the likes of Lennon/Walcott/Wright-Philips are even considered. He's a raw talent which we don't have much of, aside from Tabloid Wayne.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down