JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not good enough!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Not good enough! - Page 2 Empty Re: Not good enough!

Post  jpr60 Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:32 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I think Wenger wants to win it his way.. no big man in midfield.. his kids playing glorious football and taking the Prem.. just a shame its gonna keep falling short..

Song is a pretty big man in midfield.
Don't worry, as I posted earlier, 'tis all a bluff. We're gonne take the Prem by the scruff of it's neck between now and the end of the season, mark my words.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:03 pm

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Don't get me wrong Jak I think that you'll be safely in the top 4 come the end of the season.However, I honestly believed that Arsenal were looking potential champions a couple of weeks back.Even though I was pissed yesterday it looked to me as Arsenal couldn't raise their game against Man Utd, who to be fair were tremendous.Thing is there is only really the CL left to go for and you'd have to fancy chelsea,man Utd and barcelona at least more than Arsenal.then it's onto 6 years without a trophy.How long will the likes of Fabregas stick around if he isn't winning medals, and there are already a fair few dissenting voices from the club's younger fans.

QB, look down the PL. Including Villa there are a number of teams who've won feck all for a lot more than 6 years.
Many of whom have spent bundles more than the Arsenal, achieving absolutely nothing !!! You were quite wrong in saying there was no prize for finishing 4th in the PL, there's a glittering prize, £20m !!!!! That's why it is made a priority for all those who have any realistic chance of qualifying. The FA Cup is worth well under £5m, to the winner!!!.True supporters don't desert their team after a barren spell, in my lifetime there have been many long long poor periods.
It's very disappointing that we are so near, yet so far away. We've had an unbelievable run of injuries that have contributed to our situation, no other PL team would be unaffected by the loss of so many of their first team squad. So, I suppose when you look at it, we have done amazingly well to be in the position we were in prior to Sunday, when we played, once again, with no recognised striker.
As I said it's disappointing but not the end of the world.

Is that really a concern for the fans? I'd take a trophy any day, and whilst you are right about a lot of clubs who've won feck all, 6yrs for a club of Arsenal's size, stature and wealth is a bloody long time.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 pm

jpr60 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I think Wenger wants to win it his way.. no big man in midfield.. his kids playing glorious football and taking the Prem.. just a shame its gonna keep falling short..

Song is a pretty big man in midfield.
Don't worry, as I posted earlier, 'tis all a bluff. We're gonne take the Prem by the scruff of it's neck between now and the end of the season, mark my words.

Song doesnt win the mind game in the tunnel before the game like Veira and Petit did.. and if he is a big man and does the Verira job and has the magnifcent Fabregas next to him.. then maybe its not that your missing a big man in midfield mayeb its just that your simply not good enough........................
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:40 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Don't get me wrong Jak I think that you'll be safely in the top 4 come the end of the season.However, I honestly believed that Arsenal were looking potential champions a couple of weeks back.Even though I was pissed yesterday it looked to me as Arsenal couldn't raise their game against Man Utd, who to be fair were tremendous.Thing is there is only really the CL left to go for and you'd have to fancy chelsea,man Utd and barcelona at least more than Arsenal.then it's onto 6 years without a trophy.How long will the likes of Fabregas stick around if he isn't winning medals, and there are already a fair few dissenting voices from the club's younger fans.

QB, look down the PL. Including Villa there are a number of teams who've won feck all for a lot more than 6 years.
Many of whom have spent bundles more than the Arsenal, achieving absolutely nothing !!! You were quite wrong in saying there was no prize for finishing 4th in the PL, there's a glittering prize, £20m !!!!! That's why it is made a priority for all those who have any realistic chance of qualifying. The FA Cup is worth well under £5m, to the winner!!!.True supporters don't desert their team after a barren spell, in my lifetime there have been many long long poor periods.
It's very disappointing that we are so near, yet so far away. We've had an unbelievable run of injuries that have contributed to our situation, no other PL team would be unaffected by the loss of so many of their first team squad. So, I suppose when you look at it, we have done amazingly well to be in the position we were in prior to Sunday, when we played, once again, with no recognised striker.

Is that really a concern for the fans? I'd take a trophy any day, and whilst you are right about a lot of clubs who've won feck all, 6yrs for a club of Arsenal's size, stature and wealth is a bloody long time.

It's been longer QB, I can vouch for that - 1954-1970 being the longest in my lifetime. But, as I say, it's not done and dusted yet - we're taking Chelsea apart on Sunday following which we're on the home straight and even if ManU continue to improve they'll not touch us!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:31 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:

Look at every big club, there isn't one that hasn't had a barren patch, the pendulum swings, that's football. Arsenal have been well involved during the last five years. Of course the fans want trophies but money will decide what competitions are prioritised and the CL money is massive.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:40 pm

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:

Look at every big club, there isn't one that hasn't had a barren patch, the pendulum swings, that's football. Arsenal have been well involved during the last five years. Of course the fans want trophies but money will decide what competitions are prioritised and the CL money is massive.

Barren patches are nomally due to not having a good enough set of players or a competitor being far more superior.I can't see that as being the problem with Arsenal.The Invincibles should've been the bedrock for a golden era.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:34 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:

Barren patches are nomally due to not having a good enough set of players or a competitor being far more superior.I can't see that as being the problem with Arsenal.The Invincibles should've been the bedrock for a golden era.

Don't think I don't know what you're saying QB.
I think that Wenger has failed to address a couple of issues that could have changed things for us. I also believe that had we not lost Eduardo when he got badly injured we would probably have won the PL that season. Only an opinion.
We went too long without addressing the problem of defending crosses, by signing a bigger better centre half. We also let Flamini go without signing a replacement relying on Denilson to fill a role that, for me, he has never looked capable of filling.
We have also failed to vary our style, when necessary. As an example, take the game at West Ham earlier this season. We're 2-0 up and absolutely coasting. Instead of changing our tactics putting two or three up front and playing long ball against a side that had to come out at us, we continued playing tippy tappy and went to sleep, in racing parlance it's called dwelling in front, they fetched on Carlton Cole we allowed them to take the game to us and hence two points down the drain.
I greatly admire Arsene he transformed the team I love, they played dream football but he makes some curious decisions.
I wouldn't change him, I'd just like to shake him sometimes. Frustrating !!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Fair comments Jak.Arsene obviously has some annoying habits which rile opposition fans but he's been great for English football as a whole.His stubborness though has cost your club with his refusal to lay out a big transfer fee, or indeed sign players who are deemed 'old'.IMO Gareth Barry would've been a perfect signing to sit alongside Fabregas and he could have also have signed Richard Dunne and Friedel in recent seasons.Those three players would've cost a combined £20 million and although not glamour players they're the sort of players who would IMO win you the league.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:01 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Fair comments Jak.Arsene obviously has some annoying habits which rile opposition fans but he's been great for English football as a whole.His stubborness though has cost your club with his refusal to lay out a big transfer fee, or indeed sign players who are deemed 'old'.IMO Gareth Barry would've been a perfect signing to sit alongside Fabregas and he could have also have signed Richard Dunne and Friedel in recent seasons.Those three players would've cost a combined £20 million and although not glamour players they're the sort of players who would IMO win you the league.

If not Freidel because of age then how about Given? Given Barry and Dunne would mean the title this season IMO..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:02 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Fair comments Jak.Arsene obviously has some annoying habits which rile opposition fans but he's been great for English football as a whole.His stubborness though has cost your club with his refusal to lay out a big transfer fee, or indeed sign players who are deemed 'old'.IMO Gareth Barry would've been a perfect signing to sit alongside Fabregas and he could have also have signed Richard Dunne and Friedel in recent seasons.Those three players would've cost a combined £20 million and although not glamour players they're the sort of players who would IMO win you the league.

Hold on there! Barry may well have been a good signing but he wouldn't have provided the ummph that we needed in midfield, whereas Song has (surprisingly) done the job. Friedel, Given - a keeper worth his salt - might have added something but, in the end, that famous 'big transfer fee' doesn't necessarily make everything work. Planty of clubs have spent big money and are no better placed than Arsenal - I still prefer the Wenger way, let the talent come through. We've bought Arshavin, IMO the most talented footballer in the premier league and we're working our way through - wait for Sunday is all I can say.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:14 pm

JPR the wenger way is admirable but there'll come a stage when the top players want medals to go alongside the fabulous wealth.If these players leave then the wait goes on and on.The three players i mentioned would've cost a total of £20 million, less than what Liverpool shelled out on Aquillani.It took you 4 yrs to replace Campbell, with er Campbell and though admittedly Henry and Pires were magnificent footballers they've never been sufficiently replaced either.Some may argue that Arshavin is the new Bergkamp, certainly hope so.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:21 pm

I said yonks ago that we should have signed Dunne. I do agree with what you say. Giving the youngsters a go is the right thing (though I never did see where Sylvestre could do anything for us) but you have to make a judgement on players when they've been given more than a fair crack of the whip. I do think that in certain cases Wenger should have recognised much earlier when he's been flogging a dead horse.
Would Rosicky, Nasri, Denilson get a place at Man U or Chelsea, not a way in this world.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:43 pm

jak wrote:
I said yonks ago that we should have signed Dunne. I do agree with what you say. Giving the youngsters a go is the right thing (though I never did see where Sylvestre could do anything for us) but you have to make a judgement on players when they've been given more than a fair crack of the whip. I do think that in certain cases Wenger should have recognised much earlier when he's been flogging a dead horse.
Would Rosicky, Nasri, Denilson get a place at Man U or Chelsea, not a way in this world.

At Chelsea? No - cos they buy the finished article. At ManU? Yes - otherwise we wouldn't see O'Shea, Evans, brown, Fletcher etc.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:

At Chelsea? No - cos they buy the finished article. At ManU? Yes - otherwise we wouldn't see O'Shea, Evans, brown, Fletcher etc.

Fletcher - the same player who has kept Fabregas in his pocket for 180 minutes this season?

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:

jpr. The players I mention would definitely not be key personnel, still, in either of those sides. They lack the physical presence and desire. Ferguson, in particular does not tolerate a lack of passion.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:

Fletcher - the same player who has kept Fabregas in his pocket for 180 minutes this season?

Eze Baby - you is so full of sh!te! Fabregas was injured for the match at Old Trafford which ManU stole. That means he didn't play - OK, perhaps Fletcher stowed him away in his pocket but I doubt it. I'm not sure that Cesc appeared in or around Fletcher's pocket in the recent match at The Grove either. You is a naughty boy, trying to be a WUM when, in fact, you know nothing!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:

If you can't make a sensible contribution to the discussion, go and have a wank. Whistle Whistle

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:

Eze Baby - you is so full of sh!te! Fabregas was injured for the match at Old Trafford which ManU stole. That means he didn't play - OK, perhaps Fletcher stowed him away in his pocket but I doubt it. I'm not sure that Cesc appeared in or around Fletcher's pocket in the recent match at The Grove either. You is a naughty boy, trying to be a WUM when, in fact, you know nothing!

It wasn't a WUM remark, I don't remember the OT game but if he was injured then fair enough. At the Emirates though, Fabregas didn't get a look in because Fletcher did such a good job on him. Take off the rose-tinted specs.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:14 pm

Jesus, Fletcher was not the one doing the job on Fabregas on Sunday, Scholes started off in the deep role and then Carrick took over the job. Personally I thought Fabregas had a good game. I still think with a good keeper and centre forward, they would take some beating. I agree with JPR about Song doing the job in midfield, unless he wishes to continue to play Fabregas further forward, though I rate Diabby as well.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:17 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:

It wasn't a WUM remark, I don't remember the OT game but if he was injured then fair enough. At the Emirates though, Fabregas didn't get a look in because Fletcher did such a good job on him. Take off the rose-tinted specs.

How come you is sayin' stuff bout a game you don't remember? A 'look-in' was 'ad by Cesc at The Grove but it didn't come to much - it could'ave but it didn't. That's it - Cesc wasn't in no pockets from what I saw.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum