JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not good enough!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not good enough! Empty Not good enough!

Post  jpr60 Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Poor overall performance today yet I don't know why. I'd have started with Bendtner up top but aside from that we had our best eleven out (given that RvP & Eduardo are injured) and sure, we could have scored once or twice in the first half but second half we looked poor.
If I look at the team sheets I prefer ours to theres - their keeper is better, their left-back more consistent and Rooney is in a class of his own but aside from that our individual players are better IMO. How can a team with Gallas & Vermaelen in defence, Song and Cesc in midfield & AA in attack be left for dead like that?
ManU stole the game at Old Trafford earlier in the season, today they totally deserved their win.
Not sure where we go from here - third place I hope, which is better than the last couple of seasons but when do we get better/with whom can we improve? The above mentioned Arsenal players are second-to-none in their respective positions IMO so what else do we have to do?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Not good enough! Empty Re: Not good enough!

Post  villanfromluton Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Man Utd played very well today JPR, was a good game to watch from a neutral point of view. I cant fathom out how Almunia is still your keeper, why didnt he go for Given when he was at Newcastle? Jak said a while back about Clichy being out of form and he certainly was today. Rooney was brilliant and I though Carrick was superb in midfield. I didnt realise Eduardo was injured, hence that is why he played Arshavin up front, but dont think he is as effective there. The commentator said Wenger does not think Bentner is fit enough to start at present. The two wide players didnt really get involved today either.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:56 pm

Look at the midfield we had today.
Rosicky - lightweight, slow and gives absolutely nothing defensively.
Denilson - " " " " " " "
Nasri - " " " " " " "

Since we've played Arshavin, totally out of position, up front. All 5'7" of him, I have never seen us cross the ball so much or the keeper crash the ball upfield so often.
Today United sucked us in, let us play a bit and then nailed us oh too easily on the counter attack.
I would sooner see Eboue start in midfield instead of any of the three mentioned above. You can afford one of those three, though for me Denilson is totally naff but you cannot play them all together against any of the top teams, it puts too much work on Song and stifles Fabregas.
The thing that bothers me is that I think we had a chance to keep Fabregas for another couple of seasons but he must see what's going on around him and must realise that his chance of winning something with this team is lookng extremely doubtful (though I do think, we do have a chance if we draw continental teams in the CL). I see the situation speeding his exit and if that happens in this close season, it means we've got to go right back to the drawing board.
So many of our squad are so like each other in stature, I do not think we are robust enough to compete against the top teams.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:48 am

The decision to play an understrength team in the FA Cup looks even sillier now.Man U were top notch but Arsenal were shocking.That keeper is a clown
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:24 pm

QBVILLA wrote:The decision to play an understrength team in the FA Cup looks even sillier now.Man U were top notch but Arsenal were shocking.That keeper is a clown

That FA Cup selection was correct. Yesterdays lack of effort was inexcusable.
If you want silly, you should look at MON's team selection when he threw away any chance you had of winning the UEFA cup. Chasing fourth place in the PL. Remember "There's no prizes for finishing fourth"......? Very Happy Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:23 pm

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:The decision to play an understrength team in the FA Cup looks even sillier now.Man U were top notch but Arsenal were shocking.That keeper is a clown

If you want silly, you should look at MON's team selection when he threw away any chance you had of winning the UEFA cup. Chasing fourth place in the PL. Remember "There's no prizes for finishing fourth"......? Very Happy Wink

Oh I agree.At the time I thought MoN was correct as the Europa cup is a pile of shit anyway but it's not just about dropping out of a cup competition.Villa's form nosedived on the back of the cup exit and losing simlar to winning can quickly become a habit.Like I said with Liverpool and Man utd already knocked out the FA Cup was the most realistic silverware on offer to Arsenal.Should Arsenal lose to Chelsea then the title challenge is over and even a top 4 finish could prove more difficult to achieve.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:37 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:

Oh I agree.At the time I thought MoN was correct as the Europa cup is a pile of shit anyway but it's not just about dropping out of a cup competition.Villa's form nosedived on the back of the cup exit and losing simlar to winning can quickly become a habit.Like I said with Liverpool and Man utd already knocked out the FA Cup was the most realistic silverware on offer to Arsenal.Should Arsenal lose to Chelsea then the title challenge is over and even a top 4 finish could prove more difficult to achieve.

You never know what can happen in football. What I do know, though, is that after we play Liverpool our run in gives us every chance of making the top 4.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Don't get me wrong Jak I think that you'll be safely in the top 4 come the end of the season.However, I honestly believed that Arsenal were looking potential champions a couple of weeks back.Even though I was pissed yesterday it looked to me as Arsenal couldn't raise their game against Man Utd, who to be fair were tremendous.Thing is there is only really the CL left to go for and you'd have to fancy chelsea,man Utd and barcelona at least more than Arsenal.then it's onto 6 years without a trophy.How long will the likes of Fabregas stick around if he isn't winning medals, and there are already a fair few dissenting voices from the club's younger fans.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:06 pm

See how we've all fallen for it, eh? We're out of the race, right? Even I was suckered for a moment but, of course it's Arsene's latest ploy. I said he'd have something up his sleeve and this is it. Down, busted, no chance, no hope.
Now watch us go!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:12 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Don't get me wrong Jak I think that you'll be safely in the top 4 come the end of the season.However, I honestly believed that Arsenal were looking potential champions a couple of weeks back.Even though I was pissed yesterday it looked to me as Arsenal couldn't raise their game against Man Utd, who to be fair were tremendous.Thing is there is only really the CL left to go for and you'd have to fancy chelsea,man Utd and barcelona at least more than Arsenal.then it's onto 6 years without a trophy.How long will the likes of Fabregas stick around if he isn't winning medals, and there are already a fair few dissenting voices from the club's younger fans.

Doubt Fabregas will be around after the summer, can't see how Arsenal wouldn't finish in the top 4, the challenge will come from Man City, Liverpool, Spurs and very remotely Villa.

I would go Chelsea to win the premiership with Man Utd Arsenal and Man City taking up the slack.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 pm

jpr60 wrote:See how we've all fallen for it, eh? We're out of the race, right? Even I was suckered for a moment but, of course it's Arsene's latest ploy. I said he'd have something up his sleeve and this is it. Down, busted, no chance, no hope.
Now watch us go!

I admire your optimism and despair at your drug abuse Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:See how we've all fallen for it, eh? We're out of the race, right? Even I was suckered for a moment but, of course it's Arsene's latest ploy. I said he'd have something up his sleeve and this is it. Down, busted, no chance, no hope.
Now watch us go!

I admire your optimism and despair at your drug abuse Very Happy

cheers Wink Very Happy

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:45 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Don't get me wrong Jak I think that you'll be safely in the top 4 come the end of the season.However, I honestly believed that Arsenal were looking potential champions a couple of weeks back.Even though I was pissed yesterday it looked to me as Arsenal couldn't raise their game against Man Utd, who to be fair were tremendous.Thing is there is only really the CL left to go for and you'd have to fancy chelsea,man Utd and barcelona at least more than Arsenal.then it's onto 6 years without a trophy.How long will the likes of Fabregas stick around if he isn't winning medals, and there are already a fair few dissenting voices from the club's younger fans.

QB, look down the PL. Including Villa there are a number of teams who've won feck all for a lot more than 6 years.
Many of whom have spent bundles more than the Arsenal, achieving absolutely nothing !!! You were quite wrong in saying there was no prize for finishing 4th in the PL, there's a glittering prize, £20m !!!!! That's why it is made a priority for all those who have any realistic chance of qualifying. The FA Cup is worth well under £5m, to the winner!!!.
True supporters don't desert their team after a barren spell, in my lifetime there have been many long long poor periods.
It's very disappointing that we are so near, yet so far away. We've had an unbelievable run of injuries that have contributed to our situation, no other PL team would be unaffected by the loss of so many of their first team squad. So, I suppose when you look at it, we have done amazingly well to be in the position we were in prior to Sunday, when we played, once again, with no recognised striker.
As I said it's disappointing but not the end of the world.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:27 pm

The difference between everyone else and Arsenal is.. Wenger has the money to add a tough tackling midfielder a big strong forward and WIN THE LEAGUE!!!!

But he would much rather be stubborn.. not spend the money and try and and win it woithout doing what every other fan pundit and ex player keep saying he should do.. then he can turn around and say i did it my way.. im a fecking genuis.. its just a shame its not going to happen..

Fabregas will be in the Spain squad this summer and play along side Xavi and Ineista.. most likely go far in the competition.. the guy wants medals and Barcelona are a massive glamour club and it will be a massive pull for him..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:36 pm

I do think being a bit harsh on Arsenal for yesterdays performance, thy contributed to a cracking game and had lots of decent chances to add to their goal. To be honest, both teams could and possibly should have scored more. Ades, I agree Arsenal need a striker with RVP out, but I really think they need someone other than Almunia in their goal
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Lutes they could do with a keeper.. but central midfield is crying out for a ball winner.. its no coincedence that both Untied and Chelsea have won with ease at the Emirates this season..

I think Arsenal couldve won the title with ease if they had brought two players..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Lutes they could do with a keeper.. but central midfield is crying out for a ball winner.. its no coincedence that both Untied and Chelsea have won with ease at the Emirates this season..

I think Arsenal couldve won the title with ease if they had brought two players..

C.Ronaldo and Messi

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Ades, to be fair, most of the gooners at work and what I hear on the radio have said Song has been one of their best players this season
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:06 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Ades, to be fair, most of the gooners at work and what I hear on the radio have said Song has been one of their best players this season

Lutes your right he has been good but when u have a midget midfield you need someone to be able to get stuck in.. Arsenal dont have anyone.. thye could do with Adebayor too.. even thou he is a fecking Tosspot

Point im making is.. a couple of shrewd buys.. and Arsenal would be taking the title this season..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:09 pm

I agree, a keeper and a striker.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Look at the Man U goals and look for Denilson. Then look for Nasri. Then look for Rosicky. Look how exposed an out of form/confidence Clichy was left. These players were passengers yesterday. No passion. No effort. I have watched Denilson coast against Stoke and be given the chance to do exactly the same the following week against United.
You're right Ades these lightweights cannot get stuck in.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:30 pm

jak wrote:Look at the Man U goals and look for Denilson. Then look for Nasri. Then look for Rosicky. Look how exposed an out of form/confidence Clichy was left. These players were passengers yesterday. No passion. No effort. I have watched Denilson coast against Stoke and be given the chance to do exactly the same the following week against United.

Jak you have some wonderfully gifted midfielders but you dont have a Petit or Viera.. Poeple were saying Denilson was slow tracking back but it wasnt that it was more that he doesnt know how to track back.. its not in his game.. a serious flaw exposed twice in the space of a week.. Fabregas is a brilliant player but he needs a tough man next to him.. then upfront u need a strong player and Arshavin coming in form the left causing havoc..

Im not an Arsenal fan but out of the big four i would always want them to win it.. I juts dont know why Wenger doesnt pull out 20Million and buy the players that will get you the title and fringe players who will get you far in the FA cup or even win it!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Jak

If you had a striker, Arshavin would have been playing on the left and you missed Diaby in the middle, but Song is the defensive midfielder and has done well IMHO
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:49 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
jak wrote:Look at the Man U goals and look for Denilson. Then look for Nasri. Then look for Rosicky. Look how exposed an out of form/confidence Clichy was left. These players were passengers yesterday. No passion. No effort. I have watched Denilson coast against Stoke and be given the chance to do exactly the same the following week against United.

Jak you have some wonderfully gifted midfielders but you dont have a Petit or Viera.. Poeple were saying Denilson was slow tracking back but it wasnt that it was more that he doesnt know how to track back.. its not in his game.. a serious flaw exposed twice in the space of a week.. Fabregas is a brilliant player but he needs a tough man next to him.. then upfront u need a strong player and Arshavin coming in form the left causing havoc..

Im not an Arsenal fan but out of the big four i would always want them to win it.. I juts dont know why Wenger doesnt pull out 20Million and buy the players that will get you the title and fringe players who will get you far in the FA cup or even win it!

More than 150 first team games and Denilson doesn't know how to track back, when, until he was injured earlier this season, he was our preferred defensive central midfielder. If that's the case he'd best f uck off !!!!
Song has been excellent playing the holding role alongside Fabregas but remember he only got the chance because of Denilson's injury.
Of course Arshavin is much better down the left on top of which he will do his defensive duties there too.
Diaby is very in and out too, he can't seem to get a run of games without an injury.
The fact is Denilson, Nasri and Rosicky in midfield together will never be up for a scrap.
Our goalkeeper is complete shit too.
We should also have tried to get hold of a striker, someone in the mould of Kevin Davies who could get us through this patch and can kick some shit. A typical hard nut, out and out striker.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:59 pm

I think Wenger wants to win it his way.. no big man in midfield.. his kids playing glorious football and taking the Prem.. just a shame its gonna keep falling short..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next