JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still in the running.

+7
Bedshammer
villanfromluton
MrMagoo
villainies
jak
FrenchSpur
jpr60
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Still in the running. - Page 4 Empty Re: Still in the running.

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:58 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:We'er going to have to give Tottingham a good seeing-to next week.

And I think we will - RvP in the squad is a huge boost. We're gonna score a few!

cheers

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:49 am

Well TBH we were pretty crap - looked like a team going through the motions, not with an outside chance of being champions. Only players to stand out in a positive way last night were Sol Campbell, Clichy and Nasri, until RvP came on to show us what we've been missing in attack.
Oh well, another season finished - I really don't think any of the top three are worthy to be called 'champions' (which is a bit daft since one team has to be) and, frankly the thought of EBJT's Chelsea being 'Double Winners' sickens me.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:53 am

jpr60 wrote:Well TBH we were pretty crap - looked like a team going through the motions, not with an outside chance of being champions. Only players to stand out in a positive way last night were Sol Campbell, Clichy and Nasri, until RvP came on to show us what we've been missing in attack.
Oh well, another season finished - I really don't think any of the top three are worthy to be called 'champions' (which is a bit daft since one team has to be) and, frankly the thought of EBJT's Chelsea being 'Double Winners' sickens me.

Why are you so worried? .... I thought you were a spud now.

Laughing
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:32 am

bloody arsenal cant do anything right Mad

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:bloody arsenal cant do anything right Mad

well said Clap
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:02 pm

My fears about Rosicky and Denilson were confirmed, again. I'll add Diaby to their number (he clearly won't pass to Walcott unless he absolutely has to). These boys are simply not up to the job or for the fight. Rosicky is cheating the fans and just going through the motions, the man is a great scorer of the fourth goal when you're coasting at 3-0 against some crap team on a warm afternoon. He is a disgrace.
I really think we would be better playing with 10 men than having Sylvestre on the pitch, the man cannot be relied on to contribute anything to the team, if he wasn't there we'd know where we stood. I say again, how this man EVER pulled on an Arsenal shirt, I will never know!!! The thought of Alex Ferguson laughing his bollocks off at the Arsenal, as he undoubtedly must be, has me spitting blood.
We've had a disastrous season for injuries. We know that when we have a full complement we have a team that can compete with most. Many of the 'second string' though, have had plenty of chances and cannot hack it.
So, a new keeper is an absolute must, as is a centre back and a more physical midfield player capable of playing centrally.
I'm not sure if Merida is staying but I really hope he is. We also need another striker to bolster the squad. Someone who knows how to lead the line.
That's what we need coming in, in my opinion.
Going out (I HOPE)
Sylvestre - just rubbish
Denilson - Played over 120 senior games,kept as replacement for Diarra and Flamini but has not progressed he is very poor.
Rosicky - I have never liked this player,he doesn't get involved physically and he hides in games.We'll win nothing with him.
Almunia - Two Bob. He has completely lost it, though I don't blame him for the kid's haymaker on Wednesday. Gotta go.

I'd also out Diaby too, he's another who's not a 'winner'.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:49 am

Jak, agree with a lot of what you said, though I still think Diaby will be a top player. Think the standard has not been quite as good this season, but RVP showed the other night what a miss he has been.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:05 am

villanfromluton wrote:Jak, agree with a lot of what you said, though I still think Diaby will be a top player. Think the standard has not been quite as good this season, but RVP showed the other night what a miss he has been.

Yes, losing him was a massive blow, he's got real talent plus the will to win. Top players must have both. We have a few 'girlies' that we need to get rid of.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:53 pm

Catching up (I've been away for a bit) - Arsenal need a new keeper, without a doubt. Almunia had his moment of glory in the first match against Barca, aside from that he's not bossing the defence and I doubt that Fabianski ever will. This young bloke on loan at Brentford (Sczesney?) looks the business, 6ft 4, a big mouth and fantastic reflexes - he's only 20 but apparently he's been keeping Brentford alive this season - claims he's happy to play there 'til he steps into the first 11 at Arsenal - probably too young (but if he's got all the attributes why not get him in?).
If Djourou is at full fitness I'd like to see him alongside Vermaelen (who's been our player-of-the-season IMO), I'm assuming Gallas will collect a final pay-day elsewhere, we've got the Norwegian lad who's out on loan although he's still a bit young, we might have Sol Campbell and I'm ignoring Sylvestre so, depending on Djourou we could need another central defender.
We've got this Chamakh geezer coming in from Bordeaux who'll almost certainly replace Eduardo (I feel really sorry for Eduardo - he was a great signing but truly got his career phucked by that 'agricultural challenge' from the Birmingham farmer). I know he can head the ball, which is already something - most continental strikers bottle out/have no idea when the ball is in the air - Anelka was a typical case when he arrived from France, OK, he might (not sure) be better with his head now but when he was with us he was useless. A fit RvP and a more experienced Bendtner might mean we're OK with attacking options.
Song as our holding midfielder (Eastmond as backup), Captain Cesc, Nasri, Walcott (he's got to improve, his pace is already something and he can score - I think he'll make it), AA (as long as we can keep him) - we've certainly got some talent in there, question is, aside from AA do we have the maturity?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum