JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palace...the Replay.

+3
ADRIAN_1976
villanfromluton
Jay.P.A
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Palace...the Replay. Empty Palace...the Replay.

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 pm

This is such a massive game and incredibly important.

What does MON do.

Does he risk players knowing full well that Palace will be up for this.

Does he risk Gabby who is clearly on the verge of injury, he gets a knock in this and that's the final done, on the other hand do we make every effort for the FA CUP, we really should knowing who we have in the next round, a possible Semi v Birmingham City is on the cards... a fantastic game.

What do we do.

Worse thing we can do is be complacent

Back to top Go down

Palace...the Replay. Empty Re: Palace...the Replay.

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Hmm

Who would he play...

If he sends out a different team 2mo, I think it would probably look like this:

Guzan

Beye Davies? Cuellar L.Young
Albrighton Delph Sidwell Downing
Carew Delfouneso

..Would that be a strong enough team to take us through though?
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Or does he go for the same team that played Burnley?

Got this from the OS:

Stiliyan Petrov is a doubt for the FA Cup fifth round replay with Crystal Palace after picking up a virus.

The skipper was sent home from training today (Tuesday) and could miss out on the clash with the Eagles.

Manager Martin O'Neill is waiting to see if Gabby Agbonlahor is fit for the tie, but says the striker is keen to play.

Agbonlahor has been suffering from a slight calf problem which he sustained in training before the 5-2 victory over Burnley.

The Villa boss said: "At this moment, the immediate concern would be Stiliyan who is feeling pretty unwell and has been for a couple of days now.

"We sent him home today and if the game was in the next couple of hours he'd be struggling.

"We'll see what he is like tomorrow. At this minute, he would probably be a doubt for the game.

"But in general I know the rest of the players want to play and we are going to have to be very strong tomorrow night to try and win the game.

"Gabby is feeling his calf a little bit but again I thought he was excellent for us on Sunday, particularly at a time where we weren't playing so well.

"He showed for it, he went down the channels and was causing them problems when we weren't playing so cleverly, and I'm delighted he got a goal as well.

"It allowed me to get him off the field for the last 20 minutes. But he is keen to play anyway and that is always a very encouraging sign."
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Hmm

Who would he play...

If he sends out a different team 2mo, I think it would probably look like this:

Guzan

Beye Davies? Cuellar L.Young
Albrighton Delph Sidwell Downing
Carew Delfouneso

..Would that be a strong enough team to take us through though?

Thats a good point Jay.

I would go..

...........Guzan

Young...Cuellor....Davies...Warnock

Milner.....Sidwell.....Delph.....Young

.......Carew........Heskey...........

Give that for the first 45, hope we are a couple of goals to the good and make changes, Heskey out wide, Young of, Delfoutesco on

Milner of Albrighton on, Warnock of Beye on. Also think we have the option of Gabby on the bench, i really do think thats a must.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 pm

Friedel
Cuellar Collins Davies L Young

Young Sidwell Delph Downing

Delf Carew
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 pm

Forgot about Beye, stick him right back and give Cuellar a rest
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:15 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Friedel

Delf Carew

Friedal............thats a massive call. and would you pick him for the final.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:21 pm

Malachite wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Friedel

Delf Carew

Friedal............thats a massive call. and would you pick him for the final.

I would Mal, for both games. Blackburn gave him a tough time with set pieces and one thing Palace looked good at were set pieces. As for Sunday, would def pick Friedel as he is the better keeper, even though Guzan has done superbly up until the semi's. My lad has just said Ferdinand is not playing on Sunday according to the red faced Jock
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Luton:

they where saying the other day that MON may have a problem with the goalkeeper selection for Sunday and may go with Guzan.

the reason for this is that Brian Clough dropped Martin O'Niell for the final of the European Cup despite the fact that MON had been ever present in the side and had a brilliant season.

MON never forgave him for that and never got over it but does except that Cloughie never shirked from the big decision.

I would go with Friedal, to much experience and thats what we need come the day, i would go with Guzan for the Palace game.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:33 pm

Think if Guzan had done better in the semi games, it would have been a far tougher choice. As for tomorrow, may well be the right decision to give Guzan a start, but personally feel Friedel would be my choice
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:37 pm

wouldnt play gabby young or milner.. need all three in the final

esp now that united wont have giggs nani and rio..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:40 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:wouldnt play gabby young or milner.. need all three in the final

esp now that united wont have giggs nani and rio..

Adrian, Do you not think there is a good case for securing this game, dangerous game v Palace, I think we are risking a lot leaving out basically our best attacking option.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:42 pm

Mal it is a tricky one but surely we must have enuff to beat a championship dise at home?

I think we may well ahve to play one of Young or Milner.. but i would prefer if all three were rested.. with Rio out now too we have a real chance to win it.. esp seeing Vidic is shit scared of anyone with pace......
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Mal it is a tricky one but surely we must have enuff to beat a championship dise at home?

I think we may well ahve to play one of Young or Milner.. but i would prefer if all three were rested.. with Rio out now too we have a real chance to win it.. esp seeing Vidic is shit scared of anyone with pace......

By fair means or foul Vidic seems to stifle Gabby.

I think we give it a good first 45, try to put the game away, I'm sure Palace will be thinking if we can get to half time.......so couple of early goals and then ease back, think of Sunday.

Problem will start if we are up against it and have to work to get a win IMO that will be a disaster, take to much out of us.

Also the FA Cup is looking brilliant for us.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:43 am

Malachite wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Mal it is a tricky one but surely we must have enuff to beat a championship dise at home?

I think we give it a good first 45, try to put the game away, I'm sure Palace will be thinking if we can get to half time.......so couple of early goals and then ease back, think of Sunday.

Problem will start if we are up against it and have to work to get a win IMO that will be a disaster, take to much out of us.

i totally disagree with that.Gabby has given vidic a torrid time in every game he's played against him.3 goals in 4 games I think and the game he didn't net vidic should've been red carded for dragging him down when clean through
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:23 am

QBVILLA wrote:
Malachite wrote:

i totally disagree with that.Gabby has given vidic a torrid time in every game he's played against him.3 goals in 4 games I think and the game he didn't net vidic should've been red carded for dragging him down when clean through

Oh go on then, if you must, I stand corrected QB, 3 in 4, you can't ask anymore than that, whenever i see Vidic marking Gabby there always seems a bit going on>>>from Vidic to be honest, well lets hope he gives him another rough time.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:43 am

Mal one of my drinking buddies is a united fan.He'll be watching the game with me.He reckons the only strikers that Vidic struggles with are Torres and Gabby.Ferdinand has been ruled out which means either Evans or brown will be playing.Whilst united are always potent in attack, I reckon we can get at that defence
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:54 am

Team i'd pick tonight

..............................................Friedel.........................

Cuellar..........................Davies.........Dunne..............L.Young

Albrighton..............Milner........Delph..................A.Young

...............Fonz...........................Carew

Subs:
Guzan
Beye
Warnock
Downing
Wiennman
Sidwell
Clark
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:41 pm

I would leave Milner out and play Sidwell affraid and also rest Dunne.. Dunne Milner Gabby and Young are key to us winning the Cup IMO.. but i suppose you have to use one of them tonight so would leave Ash Young in the team..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 pm

I thought Albrighton was injured, happy to see him play instead of Ashley if so. Would play Downing on left as his confidence has got a boost and let it increase more.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Guzan

Cuellar Davies Collins l Young

A Young Delph Sidwell Downing

Carew Delfuenso

Thats my team for tonight.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Guzan

Cuellar Davies Collins l Young

A Young Delph Sidwell Downing

Carew Delfuenso

Thats my team for tonight.

Good minds copy a great mind, same team that I initially chose except for the keeper
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:14 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I would leave Milner out and play Sidwell affraid and also rest Dunne.. Dunne Milner Gabby and Young are key to us winning the Cup IMO.. but i suppose you have to use one of them tonight so would leave Ash Young in the team..

I think we underestimate Palace at our peril.If we beat them then it's just a Championship side between us and the semi.It's not too outlandish to think we can make the FA cup final as well.Also it'll be a lot better for the team if we go into sunday's game on the back of a win tonight.For me we need to play two of the three from A Young,Milner and Downing.i'd opt to rest Downing as he was looking in need of a rest in recent games.That said he seemed to have an extra spring in his step after netting against Burnley.I'd expect O neill to start tonight's game with at least 5,possibly 6 of the team that will start the final.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:19 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I thought Albrighton was injured, happy to see him play instead of Ashley if so. Would play Downing on left as his confidence has got a boost and let it increase more.

Sid Cowans was on talksport yesterday morning and he said Albrighton was fit again
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:37 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I would leave Milner out and play Sidwell affraid and also rest Dunne.. Dunne Milner Gabby and Young are key to us winning the Cup IMO.. but i suppose you have to use one of them tonight so would leave Ash Young in the team..

I think we underestimate Palace at our peril.If we beat them then it's just a Championship side between us and the semi.It's not too outlandish to think we can make the FA cup final as well.Also it'll be a lot better for the team if we go into sunday's game on the back of a win tonight.For me we need to play two of the three from A Young,Milner and Downing.i'd opt to rest Downing as he was looking in need of a rest in recent games.That said he seemed to have an extra spring in his step after netting against Burnley.I'd expect O neill to start tonight's game with at least 5,possibly 6 of the team that will start the final.

I agree we sholdnt underestimate Palace and i really think we could have three wembley trips on the card this season.. but if we are going to rest players then this is our choice.. we will have to have our big guns on top form to beat United.. would hate to see Young Milner or Downing limp off injured tonight and miss the cup final esp seeing Rio wont be playing and there defense can be breached..

Lets hope we an early goal tonight and finish the job off without any injuries..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next