JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Words..........Red Dead Redemption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spit.

+3
FrenchSpur
villainies
Bedshammer
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3 Words..........Red Dead Redemption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spit. Empty 3 Words..........Red Dead Redemption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spit.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 am

How do you quit the thing.

Saving is weird, but quiting is like mid prairie just after your beans and coffee, spit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

3 Words..........Red Dead Redemption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spit. Empty Re: 3 Words..........Red Dead Redemption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spit.

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:27 am

Do what?
Shocked
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

3 Words..........Red Dead Redemption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spit. Empty Re: 3 Words..........Red Dead Redemption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spit.

Post  villainies Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:39 am

and the drugs don't work........
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Do what?
Shocked

Thats what i'm asking?

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Malachite wrote:
Shocked

Thats what i'm asking?

Let me try again. What the chuff is Red Dead Redemption spit?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
Malachite wrote:
Shocked

Thats what i'm asking?

Spit Laughing Woohoo the spit bit is just a characteristic of the journey that is Red Dead.

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:53 pm

just to be pedantic.... that was 4 words......
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Malachite wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
Malachite wrote:
Shocked

Thats what i'm asking?

Spit Laughing Woohoo the spit bit is just a characteristic of the journey that is Red Dead.

Definitely spit, not swallow?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
Malachite wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
Malachite wrote:
Shocked

Thats what i'm asking?

Behave! Laughing

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
Malachite wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
Malachite wrote:
Shocked

Thats what i'm asking?

Behave! Laughing

Boobies
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:34 pm

One of the best games I've ever played.

Mal, it's the same as GTA IV, just save your game (either at a campsite or at a property you own) and then press start, and go to the Dashboard if you're on the 360, or XMB if you're on the PS3.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:05 am

I imagine Jay that Mal was more saying how do you quit it in a sense that its to good to put down. but hey mayb he has just lost the plot.

Ive not got the game yet as I'm playing through Stories of liberty City first. looking forward to getting it though

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:14 am

Jay.P.A wrote:One of the best games I've ever played.

Mal, it's the same as GTA IV, just save your game (either at a campsite or at a property you own) and then press start, and go to the Dashboard if you're on the 360, or XMB if you're on the PS3.

Jay, bang on mate, brilliant game, i am saving at campsite and i think the 3 save slots are annoying (not enough IMO) but what i can't get my head round is the quit sequence.

So I'm at the campsite, I've saved, then all i can see to do is eject the disc in full game picture rather than the usual, Start on your controller, back to opening screen and then quit.

Think they have missed something there, i deffo think Marston and Bonnie are going for it, at least that's where i am. Laughing

Its a whole trip mate, brilliant, that and my Gibson Les Paul, who needs footy................. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:00 pm

just press the power button on the xbox. unless your on a pc in which case who knows.

How did you like Napolean total war Mal, far better then empire. Looking forward to the next one coming out set in 1824, at that time dat eit should have Australia in it.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:just press the power button on the xbox. unless your on a pc in which case who knows.

How did you like Napolean total war Mal, far better then empire. Looking forward to the next one coming out set in 1824, at that time dat eit should have Australia in it.

AV: Best you have a look at the game yourself to see what i mean, it just feels a bit untidy when you come out of the game, certainly a game worth getting.

Napoleon: Good game, it runs a lot better for me than Empire and the campaign of the coalition is very good, think there must be something wrong with my copy of Empire and I'm not completely sold on the time period either but that's just choice....there is another reason though.

You may remember a while back i recommended a game made by Paradox called Take Command-2nd Manassas. Due to cut backs Paradox announced no follow up.

Good news: The 3 main guys that made the game broke away from Paradox (like FM did with CM) and went on there own to make a new game. difference being they financed it and designed it all in house so had complete control over the finished product.....So.

Get yourself over to www.norbsoftware.com and look for the demo for the new game "Scourge of War", its not a huge demo.

Open the demo and give yourself time to evaluate the game and whats facing you, its a very polished piece, there is a handmade passion to this game and Norb and the guys are really proud of it and above all its historical accuracy, so much so that such attention to detail was given by over flying actual battlefields taking Ariel photos and remodeling the landscape to the finest detail to make sure the terrain was spot on. The massive difference to this game and Total war is that there is no micro economy, this is a hard fought combat simulator with a real sense of freedom, there's the battlefield, you, your brigades, artillery, and your orders which you get by dispatch rider such as "Move your force to protect Lee's flanks, left side" " your artillery should target Williams artillery to your right" of course its up to you what you do, but it really is that free and its all about combat and strategy, i spent 4 hours involved in the historically accurate battle at Martha's vineyard and still got over run by Union forces of Potomac and New York's finest.

Its a brilliant war game and Norb said to me the difference between what we have done and Total War is your freedom to make decisions and the fact you will stand and fall by those decisions.

I think you would love this once you got round the learning curve, the guys on the forum are really friendly, obviously mainly American, but very passionate about this and the historical accuracy of the game.

See what you think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:10 am

Sorry Mal yeh did read it but was to tired to respond at time

I will check out that game sometime over the weekend and see what its like.

Have you seen they are releasing Shogun Total War 2 next year.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:16 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Sorry Mal yeh did read it but was to tired to respond at time

I will check out that game sometime over the weekend and see what its like.

Have you seen they are releasing Shogun Total War 2 next year.

Now that is fantastic news, for me i just get the feeling that TW is slightly losing its way, and to get back and re issue and update to modern format iconic games like Shogun is excellent, they should do the same with Rome also.

Excellent news...............well played.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:19 am

I'm looking forward to a good old style one with hand to hand combat but with the latest improvements seen in the napolean games. I had an email about it yesterday, its literally a remake of the first one, same historical period, there will even be naval battles included where the coastline and islands will be involved in the battlefields to be used as cover and that, should be good.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:24 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I'm looking forward to a good old style one with hand to hand combat but with the latest improvements seen in the napolean games. I had an email about it yesterday, its literally a remake of the first one, same historical period, there will even be naval battles included where the coastline and islands will be involved in the battlefields to be used as cover and that, should be good.

Sounds the business, do you know if the remake will involve moving the Chess piece style icons around the Campaign map or will it be based on the current method used since Rome, IE indicate where your army should move and then watch it happen.

Also, i really hope they keep steam out of this, i know it works fine for many but there is also a lot of problems with steam and a lot of people complain about it saying that was the problem with Empire.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:28 am

It didnt specifically mention the format of the campaign map, but I doubt they will go back to the chess piece style of play so I expect the free roam map now used.

As you say I have no problem with Steam, both games work fine for me on it as do others like FM. I have also used it to buy and download games, and had no problems, they keep the game upto date with the latest patches, its all good.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:It didnt specifically mention the format of the campaign map, but I doubt they will go back to the chess piece style of play so I expect the free roam map now used.

As you say I have no problem with Steam, both games work fine for me on it as do others like FM. I have also used it to buy and download games, and had no problems, they keep the game upto date with the latest patches, its all good.

AV:

If they adapt the old and new, such as newer style format in the campaign map Shogun will be immense, there is so much character there, wonderful stuff.

Good news on the steam for yourself, I personally have found it near useless, the difference with FM is you have the option to install outside of steam, i don't understand why TW don't offer the same.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Red Dead.

I know Jay is playing the game but has anybody else looked at this.

Reason i ask is because during the way the game has played out i have to say there have been a few rich comments and as the game has gone on those comments have become, to put it mildly, absolutely to the point, then out the blue one comment made by the General Store owner as i went in to make a purchase left me firstly about to scream with laughter and then instantly i thought what the f**k.

Don't get me wrong this game is a huge seller, next level, excellent, they are actually going to do a TV series on it, but one thing is for sure if what i've seen and heard is correct pc is dead.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:29 pm

What comment was it?

I remember when I was walking into a store, and 2 guys were talking to each other, one goes;

'I heard John Marston pees sitting down, if you know what I mean'....And because John hears that, he grunts at them, and they get shit scared and say, 'Oh..umm..hello Mr. Marston, sir!' Laughing Baring in mind thats not even a cutscene, just random talking in-game.

I think this is one of the best games ever made. Truly brilliant.

Some of the random things that occer at any time can be hilairious!!!
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:What comment was it?

I remember when I was walking into a store, and 2 guys were talking to each other, one goes;

'I heard John Marston pees sitting down, if you know what I mean'....And because John hears that, he grunts at them, and they get shit scared and say, 'Oh..umm..hello Mr. Marston, sir!' Laughing Baring in mind thats not even a cutscene, just random talking in-game.

I think this is one of the best games ever made. Truly brilliant.

Some of the random things that occer at any time can be hilairious!!!

Jay: Agree the game is brilliant. first class, have you done the clip in the barn, where you go in to get the gun and the Irish fella, called "Irish" is having the crap beaten out of him by a Welshman and a Frenchman, i was surprised they got some of the comments pass the censor, when Marston keeps saying Boyo to the welsh fella, but what topped it for me was in the General Store when i went in to purchase something and the owner says " welcome my good man, we have many fine things, and then says none are made by Jews Laughing thing is Jay i could be wrong on this a i may not have heard it correctly but I'm pretty sure i did. If so that and the other stuff as in the barn and the way they depict the Irish fella i would say is cutting it pretty fine IMO.

All that said brilliant game. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:23 pm

Well all that would've passed in the 'olden days', and they've got it all correct in terms of time I suppose.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum