JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In my opinion the best guitar track in the world

+5
Ringo
potatoblight
jannerblue
Bedshammer
villainies
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In my opinion the best guitar track in the world Empty In my opinion the best guitar track in the world

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:50 am

Played by the most technically brilliant guitar player in the world

Back to top Go down

In my opinion the best guitar track in the world Empty Re: In my opinion the best guitar track in the world

Post  villainies Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:12 am

What a fookin god awful racket.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

In my opinion the best guitar track in the world Empty Re: In my opinion the best guitar track in the world

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:18 am

Like it or not, look at the technique. Unbelievable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 am

Who is it?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:23 am

its no good having good technique if you play shite like that though. Django Rheinhart is ya man for technique forget this Gilbert chump. Laughing
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:25 am

Bedshammer wrote:Who is it?

Paul Gilbert.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 am

villainies wrote:its no good having good technique if you play shite like that though. Django Rheinhart is ya man for technique forget this Gilbert chump. Laughing

Gilbert rates Rheinhart as one of his biggest idols. Rheinfart had fantastic fingers and beautiful touch on the strings, but Gilbert takes it to that next level. The tapping section is unreal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:29 am

Very Happy
Can't sing for shit, but again, that technique...

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:24 am

I'd kick his ass on guitar hero
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:35 pm

jannerblue wrote:I'd kick his ass on guitar hero
Laughing

and no eze, it's not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:03 pm

jannerblue wrote:I'd kick his ass on guitar hero

I'd kick his ass real time..................... Cool

And with a better wood....

Back to top Go down

Post  potatoblight Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:30 pm

Gary Moore - Parisienne Walkways!
potatoblight
potatoblight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:34 am

Eric Clapton? Jimi Hendrix?

I rest my case.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:28 am

villainies wrote:its no good having good technique if you play shite like that though. Django Rheinhart is ya man for technique forget this Gilbert chump. Laughing

Villainies you have just flown up in my estimation, you are now above Jesus (no not the biblical version, the one wiv de ooter). Wink
Django was the absolute nuts. I spend many happy hours listening to him and with a bit of Grapelli thrown in it don't get better.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:34 pm

My missus would have you lot shot down with the likes of Paco De Lucia and/or Al Di Meola but what do I know. I'm a Keith Richards fan myself! Mad

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Fecking old timers. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:55 pm

I'm still trying to find a copy of I Rest My Case by Clapton and Hendrix

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Lionheart wrote:I'm still trying to find a copy of I Rest My Case by Clapton and Hendrix

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:02 pm

jak wrote:

Villainies you have just flown up in my estimation, you are now above Jesus (no not the biblical version, the one wiv de ooter). Wink
Django was the absolute nuts. I spend many happy hours listening to him and with a bit of Grapelli thrown in it don't get better.

Bollocks. you've always thought i was a good lad. Wink
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Worth a look, Joe whoever here knocking out Hank Marvins and the shadows Apache.

Nice work, he's using a Les Paul Limited edition by Gibson, Sunburst, superb axe as used by players like Slash and many others Marc Bolan etc.

He's using the song to practice his Pentatonic scales and shaping them around the song.

Good accurate play, perhaps a little fast as he gets carried away a bit, but definitely knows his stuff, and would probably be up there with the best if he was playing a track he knew and loved rather than practice. Public don't realise, there are many hobby players out there that are as good as it gets, but we are talking about a guitar and its there to be played.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ibYgldHo60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Malachite wrote:Worth a look, Joe whoever here knocking out Hank Marvins and the shadows Apache.

Nice work, he's using a Les Paul Limited edition by Gibson, Sunburst, superb axe as used by players like Slash and many others Marc Bolan etc.

He's using the song to practice his Pentatonic scales and shaping them around the song.

Good accurate play, perhaps a little fast as he gets carried away a bit, but definitely knows his stuff, and would probably be up there with the best if he was playing a track he knew and loved rather than practice. Public don't realise, there are many hobby players out there that are as good as it gets, but we are talking about a guitar and its there to be played.

Very profound. Shocked

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Malachite wrote:Worth a look, Joe whoever here knocking out Hank Marvins and the shadows Apache.

Gibson Les Paul Goldtop used by dave Gilmour on Another Brick in the Wall ..... cheers from 2 mins onwards

villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:53 pm

MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Viilainaise:

Clap Clap Nice one.

Gilmour really holds the top note and bends the note beautifully without losing any of the sound.

Les Paul has a totally recognizable sound Very Happy real gutsy, and as good as a Strat or a Rick or Jackson are you can see why the Les Paul is the desired choice of most top guitarist as there fav axe.

Brilliant...look at that again...

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Magoo. that is a great great song. cheers cheers
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum