JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England squad v Montenegro

+4
villanfromluton
jpr60
Ringo
Bedshammer
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

England squad v Montenegro Empty England squad v Montenegro

Post  Bedshammer Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Ben Foster (Birmingham City), Robert Green (West Ham United), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa)

Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Joe Cole (Liverpool), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Tom Huddlestone (T*ttenham Hotspur), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Aaron Lennon (T*ttenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (T*ttenham Hotspur), Kevin Davies (Bolton Wanderers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

England squad v Montenegro Empty Re: England squad v Montenegro

Post  Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Davies, wtf? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:09 pm

33 years old and getting his first England cap?

Capello is away with the fairies!
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Davies, wtf? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Poor man's Alan Shearer - same elbows anyway!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Not many other options and Davies is a player who will give his all. Think he is a good player
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:16 pm

He is, but calling up a player who probably won't even be around for 2012? Ridiculous. Could've given Carroll a taste of the international set-up.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:28 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Not many other options and Davies is a player who will give his all. Think he is a good player

I agree, Luton. He's a player we all love to hate but I think he would have been the business with one of the top clubs.
He gives his all, exactly as you said.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Jak

I agree it is probably too late now, but I certainly think he could have done a good job at Villa the last few seasons. He is a good player and always makes it hard for defenders to play against him
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:10 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Jak

I agree it is probably too late now, but I certainly think he could have done a good job at Villa the last few seasons. He is a good player and always makes it hard for defenders to play against him

Luton, when we were in a situation where a few injuries left us with the 5' 7'' Andrei Arshavin playing as centre forward, we would have done well to look at a centre forward who could put himself about bit. Davies would have been a cheap and effective stop gap. At least he keeps fit. I think Ledley King has probably played more for Spurs in the last couple of years than Van Persie has for the Arsenal.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Good point Jak, though not sure a lot of Arsenal fans would have been impressed with such a signing
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:30 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Good point Jak, though not sure a lot of Arsenal fans would have been impressed with such a signing

Some players you learn to like. When they're on YOUR side. Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Good point Jak, am now trying to rack my brains thinking of a player I disliked immensely before they came to Villa
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:43 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Not many other options and Davies is a player who will give his all. Think he is a good player

I agree, Luton. He's a player we all love to hate but I think he would have been the business with one of the top clubs.

I think it was QB who said before the World Cup that Scott Parker's physical style of play would attract too many bookings in international football. I'd say that would go double for Davies, wouldn't you?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:49 am

Bedshammer wrote:
jak wrote:

I think it was QB who said before the World Cup that Scott Parker's physical style of play would attract too many bookings in international football. I'd say that would go double for Davies, wouldn't you?

yes i did, and think davies will also concede a lot of free kicks as well.Think i'm correct in saying that Davies has conceded the most fould for the past few seasons but interestingly has always been one of the most fouled players in the prem.I like Davies and his age isn't an issue for me.Football is always about the present and at present he's one of the best 4 strikers available.He deserves his chance
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:03 am

I remember several years ago Thierry Henry saying that Davies was the most effective centre forward in the PL

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:He is, but calling up a player who probably won't even be around for 2012? Ridiculous. Could've given Carroll a taste of the international set-up.

I remember when players had to have a couple of good seasons before they got a full cap.Carroll as yet has had a couple of good games.not saying he won't go on to be a good player because he definitely has potential but as yet IMO he hasn't done enough to warrant a call up in a competitive game.In a friendly give him a go, but not in a qualifier.Surprised no one has commented on Rob Green's selection though.I know he put in a good performance against Spurs, (haven't seen anything from the Fulham game) but prior to that he's been arguably the most off form 'keeper in the Prem
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Unfortunately QB, things have changed and now players have a few good games and get linked with England. When I think that Dennis Mortimer, Gary Shaw and Kenny Swain never represented England, Withe, Morley and Cowans didnt get many games, Jimmy Rimmer got one cap. Even Scotland didnt choose McNaught and Evans rarely got a look in
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:46 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:He is, but calling up a player who probably won't even be around for 2012? Ridiculous. Could've given Carroll a taste of the international set-up.

I remember when players had to have a couple of good seasons before they got a full cap.Carroll as yet has had a couple of good games.not saying he won't go on to be a good player because he definitely has potential but as yet IMO he hasn't done enough to warrant a call up in a competitive game.In a friendly give him a go, but not in a qualifier.Surprised no one has commented on Rob Green's selection though.I know he put in a good performance against Spurs, (haven't seen anything from the Fulham game) but prior to that he's been arguably the most off form 'keeper in the Prem

You've sort of contradicted yourself with the Green comment, he's had 4 flawless seasons with the Hammers before his World Cup. As for a player with a couple of good seasons behind him, look no further than Carlton Cole. Hasn't had a wonderful start to the season, but the last 2 seasons he's been exceptional.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

You've sort of contradicted yourself with the Green comment, he's had 4 flawless seasons with the Hammers before his World Cup. As for a player with a couple of good seasons behind him, look no further than Carlton Cole. Hasn't had a wonderful start to the season, but the last 2 seasons he's been exceptional.

Err no i haven't.Are you honestly going to tell me Green was in good form last season? I only really see highlights from west Ham games and the odd few live on Sky games and i seem to recall Green costing the Hammers a good few goals last season.I posted on here that i didn't think he should be in the WC 23 let alone the first 11.Paul Robinson was in far better form last season, and this come to think of it.As soon as Capello fecks off i expect to see him rethink his retirement.
As for Carlton Cole, come off it ffs.He had a good couple of months 12 months ago, and whilst i'm not a fan of him he deserved his call up when he got it.Not now he doesn't though.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:54 pm

20 goals in two seasons with a team fighting relegation, I'd say that's a very good achievement.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:20 goals in two seasons with a team fighting relegation, I'd say that's a very good achievement.

Bent got nearly 20 in his last season at Spurs as a sub and wasn't deemed good enough.Cole isn't good enough over a period of time to be a serious candidate.i'd liken him to Beattie of a few years back.Top notch when on a streak of goals but when that streak ended he contributed very little or nothing to the team.Will say though that Dean Ashton would've IMO been a top top player, now that boy was a class act.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:01 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:20 goals in two seasons with a team fighting relegation, I'd say that's a very good achievement.

Bent got nearly 20 in his last season at Spurs as a sub and wasn't deemed good enough.Cole isn't good enough over a period of time to be a serious candidate.i'd liken him to Beattie of a few years back.Top notch when on a streak of goals but when that streak ended he contributed very little or nothing to the team.Will say though that Dean Ashton would've IMO been a top top player, now that boy was a class act.

Cole contributes loads when not scoring, he's a fantastic hold up player.

Hopefully Bent will get a run in the England team. IMO the best natural scorer we've had since Owen. I agree with regards to Ashton too, reminded me so much of Shearer and showed a level of technical skill that very few big strikers had.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:04 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Err no i haven't.Are you honestly going to tell me Green was in good form last season? I only really see highlights from west Ham games and the odd few live on Sky games and i seem to recall Green costing the Hammers a good few goals last season.I posted on here that i didn't think he should be in the WC 23 let alone the first 11.Paul Robinson was in far better form last season, and this come to think of it.As soon as Capello fecks off i expect to see him rethink his retirement.
As for Carlton Cole, come off it ffs.He had a good couple of months 12 months ago, and whilst i'm not a fan of him he deserved his call up when he got it.Not now he doesn't though.

You're right, QB. I think the lack of comment about Green is indicative of how most people are completely nonplussed with regard to the selection of the England side.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Carlton Cole cant get into the 20th best team in the premiership, yet should be picked for England. You must be joking!!!!

Think a mate has tickets for me for next week, not been to the new Wembley
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:05 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

Cole contributes loads when not scoring, he's a fantastic hold up player.

Hopefully Bent will get a run in the England team. IMO the best natural scorer we've had since Owen. I agree with regards to Ashton too, reminded me so much of Shearer and showed a level of technical skill that very few big strikers had.

Ok, can you as a West Ham fan tell me why opinions amongst hammer's fans are so polarised regarding cole? By that i don't just mean on this board but the talksport phone ins i hear.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum