JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England squad v Montenegro

+4
villanfromluton
jpr60
Ringo
Bedshammer
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

England squad v Montenegro - Page 2 Empty Re: England squad v Montenegro

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:08 pm

There's a section of West Ham fans who would find reasons to criticise him if he scored 5 against Barcelona and went in goal to save a penalty. The same fans who were no doubt booing Tommy Repka after every game, or calling for Curbishley to be sacked after he only guided us to 9th following a season we were a point away from relegation.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:There's a section of West Ham fans who would find reasons to criticise him if he scored 5 against Barcelona and went in goal to save a penalty. The same fans who were no doubt booing Tommy Repka after every game, or calling for Curbishley to be sacked after he only guided us to 9th following a season we were a point away from relegation.

Regarding Curbishley there seemed a helluva lot of fans who were against him.As for Cole IMO he's an average striker who has never fulfilled the potential he showed as a youngster at Chelsea.After reading Karren Brady's column on Saturday it appears that he has some underlying issues as well.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:32 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:There's a section of West Ham fans who would find reasons to criticise him if he scored 5 against Barcelona and went in goal to save a penalty. The same fans who were no doubt booing Tommy Repka after every game, or calling for Curbishley to be sacked after he only guided us to 9th following a season we were a point away from relegation.

Regarding Curbishley there seemed a helluva lot of fans who were against him.As for Cole IMO he's an average striker who has never fulfilled the potential he showed as a youngster at Chelsea.After reading Karren Brady's column on Saturday it appears that he has some underlying issues as well.

I read that,and found it odd. On his day, Carlton is immense. Sadly, those days seem to be few and far between. Oddly, he was about the only player who improved under Zola. He hasn't been the same since his injury in January. But Obinna & Piquionne are shaping up good. I'm liking what I see.

Re: Rob Green. He was off form for much of last season, although still a good keeper. He's improved game on game this season and was stunning v Spurs. Was good v Fulham, too. I like him, he seems to be a decent man.

Curbishley. I still maintain the campaign against him was orchestrated by Ducksarse and his minions. And while we're on the subject of managers, I think Grant could become a long term favourite. There've been encouraging signs of a plan coming together just recently.

But I really can't see why Scottie P gets overlooked so often. I reckon he must have told Fabio that pasta is the devils food or something.

Last edited by Bedshammer on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Beds, good comments.Regarding Parker i think his only problem is that he's vying for a shirt in the strongest department of the England squad and as such his age is an issue.The players in front of him Lampard,Gerrard,Barry,Hargreaves and Carrick are all of a similar age and are all playing for clubs at teh top end of the league.The upcoming players ie Rodwell,Wilshere and Huddlestone will be afforded time in and around the squad to gain experience.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Parker is in better form than all of those players. I'd say he offers more to a team than Barry, Carrick, Huddlestone, and Wilshere too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:49 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Beds, good comments.Regarding Parker i think his only problem is that he's vying for a shirt in the strongest department of the England squad and as such his age is an issue.The players in front of him Lampard,Gerrard,Barry,Hargreaves and Carrick are all of a similar age and are all playing for clubs at teh top end of the league.The upcoming players ie Rodwell,Wilshere and Huddlestone will be afforded time in and around the squad to gain experience.

I suppose we should be glad he's not picked. It finished Ashton's career and nearly broke Greeno, after all.

But Gerrard - top end of the league? (Had to say that!) And I thought Hargreaves was pretty much fecked, to be honest. I know what you mean though. It'll just mean more Scottiness for us Hammers to enjoy.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Just realised this was on this weekend....

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Malachite wrote:Just realised this was on this weekend....

No, Tuesday 12th October
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
Malachite wrote:Just realised this was on this weekend....

No, Tuesday 12th October

Thats even more interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Got tickets for tomorrow, me and the lad are going with 2 mates of mine. Cant say I am that excited about it to be honest
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Ah, you'll enjoy it when you're ive us a wave.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:40 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Got tickets for tomorrow, me and the lad are going with 2 mates of mine. Cant say I am that excited about it to be honest

So you've got six tickets. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Montenegro are 14/1 to beat us, they're nice odds.

Back to top Go down

Post  AGENTSMITH THE RETURN Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:58 am

Im not 1 for making excuses about Ref's but he had a nightmare as did his assistance. How they didnt give 2 penalties I dont know? The one of Young was a penalty as was the hand ball. The amount of consistant fouling the ref continued to allow didnt help Englands cause either.

Rooney wasnt very good and Barry couldnt pass wind last night. I couldnt understand why he didnt give Wilshire ago??
AGENTSMITH THE RETURN
AGENTSMITH THE RETURN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:59 am

No way was the Young's a penalty. It might've been had he stayed on his feet, but he was halfway through a double somersault and pike before the defender made contact.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:No way was the Young's a penalty. It might've been had he stayed on his feet, but he was halfway through a double somersault and pike before the defender made contact.

He was on his way down but the defender checked across him without even attempting to go for the ball.Definite penalty
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Simulation is an offence, which he committed before any contact was made by the defender.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Simulation is an offence, which he committed before any contact was made by the defender.

Your hair was obviously in your eyes
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:43 pm

I know it's long, but I doubt it was in the hair of 99% of the population. Mad Have you seen the pictures of his dive? The bloke checked him in the side and he's jumping forward. Wouldn't even get in Eastenders with that acting.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I know it's long, but I doubt it was in the hair of 99% of the population. Mad Have you seen the pictures of his dive? The bloke checked him in the side and he's jumping forward. Wouldn't even get in Eastenders with that acting.

Well everybody in the crowd right near the incident thought it was a penalty, so would think your comment re 99% of population thinking it wasnt a pen is as per usual, a rather pathetic statement. The first incident was a foul and the second incident, while he made a meal of it, was a foul IMHO. Very funny comment re eastenders and the acting, by the way Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:59 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I know it's long, but I doubt it was in the hair of 99% of the population. Mad Have you seen the pictures of his dive? The bloke checked him in the side and he's jumping forward. Wouldn't even get in Eastenders with that acting.

Well everybody in the crowd right near the incident thought it was a penalty, so would think your comment re 99% of population thinking it wasnt a pen is as per usual, a rather pathetic statement. The first incident was a foul and the second incident, while he made a meal of it, was a foul IMHO. Very funny comment re eastenders and the acting, by the way Rolling Eyes

Young committed an offence before the defender, it's not a penalty. If he hadn't flown, it would've been.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Young committed an offence before the defender, it's not a penalty. If he hadn't flown, it would've been.

Is bending forward an offence, thats all he actually did before he was actually fouled. He should have stayed on his feet though.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Both his feet were off the floor when the defender hit him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Both his feet were off the floor when the defender hit him.

scratch I don't think so but hey cyclops

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Both his feet were off the floor when the defender hit him.

So now you're just making things up.Funny how Andy Townsend saw it in real time then again on replay and called the yellow card a disgrace.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next