JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack Wilshere

+4
villanfromluton
Bedshammer
jak
FrenchSpur
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jack Wilshere Empty Jack Wilshere

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Apparently sent off for a two footed studs up tackle into Zigic. Wonder if Wenger will call for him to be banned for longer than 3 games................................

Back to top Go down

Jack Wilshere Empty Re: Jack Wilshere

Post  FrenchSpur Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Apparently sent off for a two footed studs up tackle into Zigic. Wonder if Wenger will call for him to be banned for longer than 3 games................................

I didn't see it
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Apparently sent off for a two footed studs up tackle into Zigic. Wonder if Wenger will call for him to be banned for longer than 3 games................................

"Apparently". Feck off with your "Apparently" !!!!!! Tosspot Tosspot

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:45 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

I didn't see it

Neither did I, yet.
Arsene Wenger says he's got no complaints about the sending off and neither has Wilshire.
That's their opinion and we should reserve ours until we actually SEE the tackle.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Wenger said in the post-match interview that it was a mis-timed challenge. He doesn't possess a sense of irony, does he?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:33 pm

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

I didn't see it

Neither did I, yet.
Arsene Wenger says he's got no complaints about the sending off and neither has Wilshire.
That's their opinion and we should reserve ours until we actually SEE the tackle.

Ooooh, hark at her cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:45 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

I didn't see it

Neither did I, yet.

Ooooh, hark at her cheers

Not at all, Luton. All I'm saying is that all most of us have is hearsay. Let's see the tackle then we can express our views.
I, as always, will say what I see. Suspect

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:52 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Wenger said in the post-match interview that it was a mis-timed challenge. He doesn't possess a sense of irony, does he?

Will be interesting to see the difference between his mis-timed challenge and soe that he has whinged about.

Jak has his tinted goggles on as well, fceking disgusting challenge and yet he condones it Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:55 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:Wenger said in the post-match interview that it was a mis-timed challenge. He doesn't possess a sense of irony, does he?

Will be interesting to see the difference between his mis-timed challenge and soe that he has whinged about.

Jak has his tinted goggles on as well, fceking disgusting challenge and yet he condones it Mad

Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Rolling Eyes could have ended the lads career from what I hear, dirty cnut Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Jack Wilshere's challenge was indeed mistimed, in that he dived in somewhat and caught the player with his foot up, although it wasn't the crunching, over the ball tackle that you know was made to hurt the player. He received a straight red, OK. A shame for the player - thankfully the opponent was able to continue playing (unlike previous tackles that have taken out Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey in recent times- where all of those "tackles" were reckless or blatant aggression - Wilshere's was certainly what I would call reckless and therefore deserved a sending off).
Having seen Wilshere diving in a few times already this season I think this will be a lesson for him. It's not "Don't try to maim opponents", it's more "Don't make reckless challenges" - there's a difference.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:12 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Rolling Eyes could have ended the lads career from what I hear, dirty cnut Mad

I see with my eyes, you see with your ears. Nanana

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:17 pm

JPR, perhaps it was more luck than judgement that the player is not having a lengthy spell on the touchline. Not the first bad challenge by this angel either apparently
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:17 pm

From what I've heard of Wilshere, he doesn't learn lessons easily, on or off the pitch.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:22 pm

villanfromluton wrote:JPR, perhaps it was more luck than judgement that the player is not having a lengthy spell on the touchline. Not the first bad challenge by this angel either apparently

Wilshere's a player wo likes a challenge - he carries the ball a lot and gets kicked a lot too, but he can look after himself. My feeling is, having seen him dive in a few times, he'll need to hold back - soak up the punishment and play football. I think he'll make it - I hope so, he's a very good footballer even at the top level and he's only 18.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:26 pm

JPR, you have said it yourself, he dives in, just like the players you have vilified. I think he will be a top player, but lets not fool ourselves, he is no better than Shawcross or Martin Taylor who mistimed challenges. Did I not see a challenge from him near the touchline a little while back?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 pm

villanfromluton wrote:JPR, you have said it yourself, he dives in, just like the players you have vilified. I think he will be a top player, but lets not fool ourselves, he is no better than Shawcross or Martin Taylor who mistimed challenges. Did I not see a challenge from him near the touchline a little while back?

Can't accept that lutes!
Taylor arrived way after the ball was played and still managed to whack Eduardo's standing leg.
Shawcross simply dived into the player in order to stop him.
Today Wilshere went in to play the ball, was a millisecond late and was still trying trying to flick the ball with his foot up that caught the player. It was reckless but not damaging - he was not going in to stop the player. There is a difference and, often (not always, I agree) the difference is how the player who is fouled is able to recover. Eduardo (and Diaby before him) and Ramsey were out of the game for a long time. Vidic (I think it was, today) was able to continue playing.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:52 pm

I still haven't seen it.
Can anyone post a link?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:10 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:JPR, you have said it yourself, he dives in, just like the players you have vilified. I think he will be a top player, but lets not fool ourselves, he is no better than Shawcross or Martin Taylor who mistimed challenges. Did I not see a challenge from him near the touchline a little while back?

Can't accept that lutes!
Taylor arrived way after the ball was played and still managed to whack Eduardo's standing leg.
Shawcross simply dived into the player in order to stop him.
Today Wilshere went in to play the ball, was a millisecond late and was still trying trying to flick the ball with his foot up that caught the player. It was reckless but not damaging - he was not going in to stop the player. There is a difference and, often (not always, I agree) the difference is how the player who is fouled is able to recover. Eduardo (and Diaby before him) and Ramsey were out of the game for a long time. Vidic (I think it was, today) was able to continue playing.

I disagree with both Taylor and Shawcross JPR, no malice intended. I have seen some far worse tackles that luckily have not resulted in similar lay offs, a lot depends on the players positioning at time of impact. Lets be honest, all teams make bad challenges, some are lucky, some are not. The tackles dont rate as in the 70's IMHO, far more intent then
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Never a red card IMHO
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:12 pm

It was reckless but seemed a genuine attempt to win a ball, just badly timed. A lot like the Shawcross tackle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Sounds a bit of a twat, just seen on MOTD saying that the player knows he has conned the ref, what a twat.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Think it just shows how fast the game is these days
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:29 pm

So Taylor is still a thug and Wilshire just misjudged his challenge, never heard such baloney in my life.

As for the dive in the box, well the ref gave a similar one last season against us which was similarly a disgrace Rolling Eyes
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 pm

At last I've seen the tackle.
Wilshire was given a straight red, fair enough. That kind of studs up tackle is very dangerous and is liable to lead to injury. Enough red cards will reduce bad tackles and improve the quality of football.
Wilshire is a great prospect, still learning his trade, he needs to brush up on the way he tackles.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum