JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack Wilshire and England...

+3
jpr60
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jack Wilshire and England... - Page 2 Empty Re: Jack Wilshire and England...

Post  Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 pm

If the challenge was in retaliation for a previous "whack" by Zigic, then that makes it even worse.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:40 pm

villanfromluton wrote:JPR, what he should be is fair and dont think he has been. That incident yesterday could have been the same as Ramsey or Eduardo, more luck than anything that is wasnt. The fact that Arsenal are a better footballing team than anyone else means sod all, does that mean they are allowed the odd bad challenge then.

Yes.

If anyone actually took what Wenger says on board, I'd accuse him of gamesmanship. It's backfiring on him more and more these days though. The thing is, he's a very good manager of a very good team - he doesn't NEED to do it.
And on the injury front, look at Dean Ashton, Kieron Dyer and Ben Arfa, to name a few.

PS jpr, we're going to the Emirates on the 30th. Thought it was time we saw how the other half lived......
cat
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Well, I have to disagree, the challenge by Wilshere was poor. I do not think he went out to do the opponent, just as I dont think Shawcross or Taylor went out to do the player
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:24 pm

Does anyone know how far it is from Camden to the Russian Steppes?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:29 pm

jak wrote:Does anyone know how far it is from Camden to the Russian Steppes?

Why, are you thinking of going there? I can't think the golf would be any good. Too much frozen tundra.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:JPR, what he should be is fair and dont think he has been. That incident yesterday could have been the same as Ramsey or Eduardo, more luck than anything that is wasnt. The fact that Arsenal are a better footballing team than anyone else means sod all, does that mean they are allowed the odd bad challenge then.

Yes.

If anyone actually took what Wenger says on board, I'd accuse him of gamesmanship. It's backfiring on him more and more these days though. The thing is, he's a very good manager of a very good team - he doesn't NEED to do it.
And on the injury front, look at Dean Ashton, Kieron Dyer and Ben Arfa, to name a few.

PS jpr, we're going to the Emirates on the 30th. Thought it was time we saw how the other half lived......
cat

That's the point of the argument, surely. Did any of the above-mentioned players get clogged or were they unfortunate accidents? Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey were seriously injured by foul play - that's what we're saying.

Arsenal v West Ham, eh? Is that the first time you've visited our new home (we call it The Grove - Ashburton Grove)? Hope you like it. You'll certainly have comfortable seats with a good match view - the rest is a question of taste (beer, pies etc) although it's all well-presented. Oh yes and I think you'll like our football!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:35 pm

jpr60 wrote:

There'll always be bad challenges, anyone who's watched or played football knows that. I just think that people should be objective when criticising others, not just dive in with a pre-conceived anti-French/foreigner/Wenger argument. At this distance I'm close to accepting that Taylor's "agricultural" challenge on Eduardo was just a bad challenge - whilst at the time I'd have strung the bugger up for the damage he caused and, as it turned out, the career he affected. I don't accept that Shawcross made a bad challenge, believing he went in to "do" Ramsey, as I've said before (plus he's got previous, as I've said before). These types of players need handling IMO if they're not to do the same thing over and over again. I see Wilshere as a footballer - he's not gonna be putting himself about and trying to "do" players - and I trust his red card will show him that making reckless challenges is not in his best interest, even if (and this is an "if") he was going after a player who'd just whacked him.
In a nutshell - there are some beasts out there and their activities should be curtailed for the better of football, footballers and fans. Everyone knows it - Wenger spoke out about it, so has Murphy - let's get on with the game.

I can hardly be anti-french JP...............

So you are willing to accept after nearly 3 years that Taylor wasnt guilty of GBH? I always have a good laugh at the arrogance of the gooners on 606, the self righteous indignation whenever anyone has the temerity to point out that the Professor may not be taking a one eyed view on something to do with Arsenal defies belief.

Arsene must be a relation of Captain Dreyfus Rolling Eyes
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:37 pm

temerity is a great word.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:46 pm

I fecking hate the frogs, Henry is a cheating cnut, but Houllier is ok
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I fecking hate the frogs, Henry is a cheating cnut, but Houllier is ok

on the lash again?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:04 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

Yes.

cat

That's the point of the argument, surely. Did any of the above-mentioned players get clogged or were they unfortunate accidents? Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey were seriously injured by foul play - that's what we're saying.

Arsenal v West Ham, eh? Is that the first time you've visited our new home (we call it The Grove - Ashburton Grove)? Hope you like it. You'll certainly have comfortable seats with a good match view - the rest is a question of taste (beer, pies etc) although it's all well-presented. Oh yes and I think you'll like our football!

Yes, the first time. Looking forward to it, although I'm starting to be a bit amused - everyone keeps telling me about the comfy seats, and we always stand. A pie and a pint are pretty compulsory, and I'm sort of hoping that I'll like our football more than yours.

We're getting the train and meeting a couple of Gooner mates from work for a beer before the game - have had to promise not to wear colours. And then we have to rush home to make ourselves look repulsive for a Halloween party. That will take minutes.......

Oh, and Dyer and Ben Arfa were definitely clogged.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:07 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:I fecking hate the frogs, Henry is a cheating cnut, but Houllier is ok

on the lash again?

No, but better than being a fceking womaniser Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum