JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to normal II

+7
villainies
FrenchSpur
Ringo
ADRIAN_1976
QBVILLA
Bully 9
jpr60
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Back to normal II - Page 2 Empty Re: Back to normal II

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:01 pm

But Arsenal don't win trophies very often these days, do they?

That's why I thought you'd be a bit more excited.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Tilton wrote:But Arsenal don't win trophies very often these days, do they?

That's why I thought you'd be a bit more excited.

Oh come on - and that from an effin Brummie, perlease!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Meanwhile it looks as if Arsene is taking it seriously - he's named RvP to start, as captain.
That's it then - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:05 pm

But it's true, isn't it?

How many trophies have The Mighty Arsenal won in, say, the last 6 years?

Surely a club of such high standing would expect to win more than 0 in that time?

Us Blues don't expect to win anything. We have nowhere near the resources or players that Arsenal do, and probably never will.

I would think that most Arsenal supporters must be getting a bit fed up with winning feck all. That should change on Sunday but there seems to be a bit of apathy coming from North London.

True?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:21 pm

jpr60 wrote:Meanwhile it looks as if Arsene is taking it seriously - he's named RvP to start, as captain.
That's it then - come on Arsenal!

No offence meant here but why should'nt arsenal be putting out the strongest possible side they can, Iam pretty sure birmingham will and i would say they will go out of their way to make sure that that silver cup ends up in their hands.''

It annoys me when the Papers states that wenger is going to put his kids out they are mostly over 20 years old pubes have grown bollocks have dropped so why the kids...

I personally hope birmingham wallop arsenal, but i dare say that the one eyed frog will complain about something

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Well said that man

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Tilton wrote:But it's true, isn't it?

How many trophies have The Mighty Arsenal won in, say, the last 6 years?

Surely a club of such high standing would expect to win more than 0 in that time?

Us Blues don't expect to win anything. We have nowhere near the resources or players that Arsenal do, and probably never will.

I would think that most Arsenal supporters must be getting a bit fed up with winning feck all. That should change on Sunday but there seems to be a bit of apathy coming from North London.

True?

There are two trophies that truly count, the Premier League title and The Champions League title. Then comes the FA Cup, then the League Cup. It has always been thus, although I suppose in the old days the European Cup-Winners Cup and the Fairs Cup carried a bit of importance too, given the fact you were competing with other European clubs.
In the past few years we've been in the final of the CL, losing to Barca so we've come close. A couple of times we've been doing well in the Premier League, only to fold near the finish so this year I'm hoping we keep our game going to the end. I've never been envious of the club who won the League Cup which probably means I don't rate it too highly, but were we to lose on Sunday we'd be looking at another falling-away situation which has to be avoided, so for that reason a win is important. It'll be nice to have a trophy, of course but the most important thing is to keep the run going, keep winning so that, come the end of the season we're up there when the "real" prizes are handed out.
We've a young group of players, average age 23 and I think this time around we're ready - so bring it on!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:51 pm

So jpr mate i respect u as a poster, but like u say the average age is what 23 yrsold, so thats then written down as the kids again aint it mate...

Seriously if they was all 18 yrs of age then a slight difference,,,but come on every single cup , it's always the kids...they aint..thats why west ham stuffed man utd at the park, because the red nosed twat thought turn up with the kids no probs....well he got well and truly shafted ....it's going 2 be close tho ...and this aint a dig at u jpr,,,just that snail muncher thats all

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Mark west ham man wrote:So jpr mate i respect u as a poster, but like u say the average age is what 23 yrsold, so thats then written down as the kids again aint it mate...

Seriously if they was all 18 yrs of age then a slight difference,,,but come on every single cup , it's always the kids...they aint..thats why west ham stuffed man utd at the park, because the red nosed twat thought turn up with the kids no probs....well he got well and truly shafted ....it's going 2 be close tho ...and this aint a dig at u jpr,,,just that snail muncher thats all

Well no, these players may only be 23 years of age (average) but most of them now have a wealth of experience, having played in or around the first team for several years. So, no excuses, we've got a young squad but they are, I trust, finally ready to take on the best, in all competitions, which is where we are today. League Cup Sunday, FA Cup Wednesday, Premier League Saturday, Champions League the following Tuesday - I'm hoping we've got enough to do well in all competitions. As for our manager, Arsene Wenger, I truly think he deserves a nod for what he has achieved since he's been in England. You may not like the man but he's effin' good, good for The Arsenal and good for common sense in football.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:25 pm

JPR, beggars cant be choosers and at the moment Arsenal must be begging for a trophy. They still have a good chance in the premiership of course, but at the present time, this is their best chance of winning a trophy and I agree with Mark that they should be picking their strongest possible team.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:17 pm

villanfromluton wrote:JPR, beggars cant be choosers and at the moment Arsenal must be begging for a trophy. They still have a good chance in the premiership of course, but at the present time, this is their best chance of winning a trophy and I agree with Mark that they should be picking their strongest possible team.

Arsene obviously agrees with you cos he's picked RvP to start and captain the team - there you go. It's serious - we'll win!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Surely if you win a trophy, it takes the pressure off, didnt Chelski start off with the league cup v Liverpool and kick on from there
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:00 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Surely if you win a trophy, it takes the pressure off, didnt Chelski start off with the league cup v Liverpool and kick on from there

What you're saying is, if you're good enough you win - it's got to start with something. I agree, we're good enough (I think) to win the league Cup and go on from there.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Well there you go another year of winning **** all and you deserve it for thinking your to good to be that bothered with winning the league cup

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Still dont need a keeper or centre back Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Well at least the thread title is now correct..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

If Barca do a 5-0 on the Goons at home wait for the Wenger out calls
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Now now Frenchie, dont be a bitch Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:11 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Now now Frenchie, dont be a bitch Wink

Moi ???
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:13 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

Moi ???

Yes, you
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:20 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

Moi ???

Yes, you

Laughing Laughing Laughing Catwoman Catwoman
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:24 pm

"Back to normal" indeed, doing stuff the hard way, The Arsenal way one might say.
Let's see if Arsene and his squad can turn this around - there's some tough games on the horizon and no time for moping. I just hope RvP isn't too injured.
Next up Orient in the FA Cup, then Sunderland in the Prem League, then Barca in the CL. We've a lot to go for - a win today would've set us up, the question is, will losing have destroyed us? Watch this space.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:43 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:JPR, beggars cant be choosers and at the moment Arsenal must be begging for a trophy. They still have a good chance in the premiership of course, but at the present time, this is their best chance of winning a trophy and I agree with Mark that they should be picking their strongest possible team.

Arsene obviously agrees with you cos he's picked RvP to start and captain the team - there you go. It's serious - we'll win!

Wrong!

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2