JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal Fans

+3
FrenchSpur
villainies
Tilton
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal Fans Empty Arsenal Fans

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 pm

I thought your fans were rubbish on Sunday.

Pretty quiet until you scored and not much to speak of after that. They all got away sharpish at the final whistle too. Hardly anybody left to watch your team collect their Losers Medals.

Shameful.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Fans Empty Re: Arsenal Fans

Post  villainies Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Tilton wrote:I thought your fans were rubbish on Sunday.

Pretty quiet until you scored and not much to speak of after that. They all got away sharpish at the final whistle too. Hardly anybody left to watch your team collect their Losers Medals.

Shameful.

Unsuprising. Same last year with the Man U lot TBH, total apathy. Even the kids who had probably never been to Wembley before. The only noise was the Villa boys - you should know that from the derby games though. Wink
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:08 pm

You make more noise than the Arsenal 'fans', I'll give you that.

Seriously though, I felt embarrassed for them at times.

Before the game they did that poxy thing where the Arsenal announcer reads out the player's first name and the crowd supposedly responds with their surname. Let's just say, it didn't work!

Funny though Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Highbury used to be called the library... They moved it to cash burden grave... I just hope it survives the government cuts
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:25 pm

What have we got here? Some bloke going OTT cos his team finally got to win something after all those years - albeit the League Cup - and now he's having a poke at Arsenal supporters and a Tottingham fan joining in with little digs and pokes (Ashburton Grove : our up-to-date stadium, just up the road from our wonderful old stadium, Highbury)!
Amazing but feel free, keep it up lads'n lasses - the season ain't over yet!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:28 pm

Look on the bright side.
It will probably be another 130 years before they are back at Wembley, and as for Tottering, Well...... The year does end in a one so it will be another boring season for them.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:01 pm

jpr60 wrote:What have we got here? Some bloke going OTT cos his team finally got to win something after all those years - albeit the League Cup - and now he's having a poke at Arsenal supporters and a Tottingham fan joining in with little digs and pokes (Ashburton Grove : our up-to-date stadium, just up the road from our wonderful old stadium, Highbury)!

I don't think I'm going OTT. We've won more silverware than Arsenal have in the last 6 years on a fraction of the budget.

Yes, I'm having a poke at Arsenal 'supporters' because on Sunday they were rubbish.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:What have we got here? Some bloke going OTT cos his team finally got to win something after all those years - albeit the League Cup - and now he's having a poke at Arsenal supporters and a Tottingham fan joining in with little digs and pokes (Ashburton Grove : our up-to-date stadium, just up the road from our wonderful old stadium, Highbury)!

I don't think I'm going OTT. We've won more silverware than Arsenal have in the last 6 years on a fraction of the budget.

Yes, I'm having a poke at Arsenal 'supporters' because on Sunday they were rubbish.

To be fair every report i've seen and heard via radio and TV have also said this.Maybe it's because supporters of the elite clubs turn up expecting to win whereas clubs who have little or no success enjoy the occassion rather than just the game?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Yeah, it could be that. I also think that these clubs 'supporters' aren't made up of grass roots fans anymore. Glory hunters and posh types who aren't going to be having a laugh and getting behind their team as much.

I've also read and heard various reports that we were the loudest set of fans that the new Wembley has had. Maybe that made the contrast between us and them even more noticeable?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:38 pm

TBH the League Cup Final was never going to be the culmination of Arsenal's season. As I said before it would have been nice to win but in all honesty it means nowt to us - whereas I suppose it means a lot to supporters of teams who aren't competing at the top level year-in year-out.
If we win all three of the remaining competitions we're fighting for it won't ever get better than that. If we win two it will be have been an awesome season - winning the Premier League or the Champions League will be of huge satisfaction. If we win just the FA Cup it'll be good but not good enough, because I truly believe we're capable of winning the top trophies.
Imagine the level of disappointment - total, abject depression - were we to finish the season with nowt. Second spot, OK, CL next season and more wishful thinking. It doesn't bear thinking about and if we'd already won the League Cup it would not make one jot of difference.
That's just my take on it of course but I suspect a lot of Gooners are awaiting the Big Win, this season!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Shit cup once you're out of it. Very Happy

If Arsenal had won, you've be celebrating just as much as Tilton is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:41 pm

There's a good chance that Arsenal will finish the season with feck all.

Again.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Shit cup once you're out of it. Very Happy

If Arsenal had won, you've be celebrating just as much as Tilton is.

Spot on.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:43 pm

I couldn't have a go at fans for not stopping round to watch their team pick up losers medals.

When we lose to Man U, I left on the final whistle and there was a load of Man U fans that didn't even bother to wait round and watch them pick up the cup. I couldn't believe it.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Sorry lads but I'd be embarrassed if we finished the season with just the League Cup. It's not a "shit cup" but, as I said before it's of little importance if you're competing season after season at the top. You'd all be taking the p!ss out of The Arsenal if we'd only won the League Cup this season too!
So, as I say, the season isn't finished yet, we've all got business to be done - Birmingham and West Ham to escape relegation, Arsenal to try and win the Premier League and/or the Champions League. See what I'm saying here, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:51 pm

And West Ham to win the FA Cup Very Happy
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:54 pm

jpr60 wrote:Sorry lads but I'd be embarrassed if we finished the season with just the League Cup. It's not a "shit cup" but, as I said before it's of little importance if you're competing season after season at the top. You'd all be taking the p!ss out of The Arsenal if we'd only won the League Cup this season too!
So, as I say, the season isn't finished yet, we've all got business to be done - Birmingham and West Ham to escape relegation, Arsenal to try and win the Premier League and/or the Champions League. See what I'm saying here, eh?

No.

Be honest with yourself. Have you been embarrassed to be an Arsenal supporter for the last 5 seasons then?

You wouldn't be embarrassed if you finished the season as League Cup winners. You'd be saying that at least you'd won something this season. Because usually you don't.

Wenger obviously doesn't share your opinion of the League Cup either, otherwise he'd have played the reserves against us. Face it - Arsenal wanted to win this competition but were beaten fair and square.

Judging by Sunday, your fans don't deserve to win anything anyway.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Sorry lads but I'd be embarrassed if we finished the season with just the League Cup. It's not a "shit cup" but, as I said before it's of little importance if you're competing season after season at the top. You'd all be taking the p!ss out of The Arsenal if we'd only won the League Cup this season too!

No.

Be honest with yourself. Have you been embarrassed to be an Arsenal supporter for the last 5 seasons then?

You wouldn't be embarrassed if you finished the season as League Cup winners. You'd be saying that at least you'd won something this season. Because usually you don't.

Wenger obviously doesn't share your opinion of the League Cup either, otherwise he'd have played the reserves against us. Face it - Arsenal wanted to win this competition but were beaten fair and square.

I have never been embarrassed to be an Arsenal supporter, although many times and especially in the early years I've had to put up with unecessary jibes from, for example our North London neighbours. We sometimes weren't good enough back then and I certainly didn't expect to win a trophy. For example losing to Swindon Town in the League Cup Final was typical but then we got good for a couple of years and won a European trophy then The Double. Then we dropped off again - if we won the odd trophy after that (e.g. the FA Cup against ManU) it was a bonus, not an expectation.
I'll say it again, this season I thought we'd have enough to win a trophy of consequence - I'd have been bitterly disappointed to have only won the League Cup - indeed I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't win one of the two big trophies - Premier or Champions League. That's what I believe this Arsenal squad, the club, the manager are capable of.
Oh and don't judge Arsenal fans by one match and don't assume Arsenal fans haven't paid their dues over the years because we've been there, done that, believe me. I was one of only 4,500 fans to watch my team go down at home to Leeds in an evening kick-off way back when - the lowest ever attendance at Highbury for a first-team match.
League Cup? You're more than welcome (at least say "Thankyou" for the gift goal, where are your manners?), I'll take one or two of the others if I can.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:06 am

You start the season with 4 pieces of silverware available.That's two domestic cups between 92 pro clubs and a league title between 20 Premiership clubs.On top of that there's the fabled and much over hyped Champions League contested between Europe's elite.To win any of those cups is a great achievement.Arsenal's biggest mistake was believing that they only needed to turn up last Sunday and showing arrogance in that it's 'only the league cup'.Man Utd are England's standard bearers when it comes to success and they value any trophy.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:20 am

Bloody hell Poor old jpr , His only miss giving is supporting the Le'arse and he gets the piss ripped out of him.
He can only support the team that wenger puts out and it aint his fault that they did not play to their full 1oo% because iam quite sure that if they did , as much as i diss like some of the arsenal players , Tilton would'nt be such a smug git.

Yes they was queit that day, but after all they pay their money to do what they want...i dunno piss taking yam yam's and bloody blue noser's lol Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:34 am

Mark west ham man wrote:Bloody hell Poor old jpr , His only miss giving is supporting the Le'arse and he gets the piss ripped out of him.
He can only support the team that wenger puts out and it aint his fault that they did not play to their full 1oo% because iam quite sure that if they did , as much as i diss like some of the arsenal players , Tilton would'nt be such a smug git.

Yes they was queit that day, but after all they pay their money to do what they want...i dunno piss taking yam yam's and bloody blue noser's lol Very Happy

What are you on about? The point was about 'it's only the league cup' not the players
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 am

QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:Bloody hell Poor old jpr , His only miss giving is supporting the Le'arse and he gets the piss ripped out of him.

What are you on about? The point was about 'it's only the league cup' not the players

Now now now Mr furry knickers dont get in a flap

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:53 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:

No.

I have never been embarrassed to be an Arsenal supporter, although many times and especially in the early years I've had to put up with unecessary jibes from, for example our North London neighbours. We sometimes weren't good enough back then and I certainly didn't expect to win a trophy. For example losing to Swindon Town in the League Cup Final was typical but then we got good for a couple of years and won a European trophy then The Double. Then we dropped off again - if we won the odd trophy after that (e.g. the FA Cup against ManU) it was a bonus, not an expectation.
I'll say it again, this season I thought we'd have enough to win a trophy of consequence - I'd have been bitterly disappointed to have only won the League Cup - indeed I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't win one of the two big trophies - Premier or Champions League. That's what I believe this Arsenal squad, the club, the manager are capable of.
Oh and don't judge Arsenal fans by one match and don't assume Arsenal fans haven't paid their dues over the years because we've been there, done that, believe me. I was one of only 4,500 fans to watch my team go down at home to Leeds in an evening kick-off way back when - the lowest ever attendance at Highbury for a first-team match.
League Cup? You're more than welcome (at least say "Thankyou" for the gift goal, where are your manners?), I'll take one or two of the others if I can.

But you say you'd be embarrassed to finish the season with 'just' the League Cup.

So you must have been very embarrassed to win feck all last season. And the season before that, and the season before that, and the season before that and the season before that.

I'm not assuming that Arsenal fans haven't 'paid there dues' over the years but, come on, you've had it good for a long time now. Despite your lack of trophies over recent years, most clubs supporters can only dream of the success that you've been privileged to enjoy in the past. Aswell as watching some fantastic football played by great footballers. So don't give me that old bollocks.

And don't pretend that we're 'more than welcome' to the League Cup. You know you would have loved to have won it and so would Wenger.

It's not our fault that your players couldn't handle the pressure and fecked it up!

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:12 pm

QBVILLA wrote:You start the season with 4 pieces of silverware available.That's two domestic cups between 92 pro clubs and a league title between 20 Premiership clubs.On top of that there's the fabled and much over hyped Champions League contested between Europe's elite.To win any of those cups is a great achievement.Arsenal's biggest mistake was believing that they only needed to turn up last Sunday and showing arrogance in that it's 'only the league cup'.Man Utd are England's standard bearers when it comes to success and they value any trophy.

Yeh, right, good old Manu, eh? Except that year they chose to avoid the FA Cup! We might have put kids teams out in the domestic cups but we've never written them off completely!
Everyone probably thought that Arsenal would win the League Cup, in a final against a team they've already beaten twice this year. Full credit to the Birmingham boys for giving it a go - they may not have won if we hadn't gifted them the winner but hey, that's football. I just hope the Brummies will be able to get even more out of their win by being able to boast "We beat the Premier League champions to win the Leage Cup!" or "We beat the best team in Europe to win the League Cup" - then I'll be a very happy Gooner!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:20 pm

It was even funnier the following season when Man Utd entered the FA Cup and were knocked out in the 3rd round by West Ham Laughing
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum