JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal Fans

+3
FrenchSpur
villainies
Tilton
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal Fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Fans

Post  jpr60 Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Ringo wrote:It was even funnier the following season when Man Utd entered the FA Cup and were knocked out in the 3rd round by West Ham Laughing

Right. In terms of respect ManU took a massive dive. I've always had a kind of "special feeling" for ManU following the disaster - Denis Law was my hero in the '60's even though I was a Gooner - but that decision to forego the FA Cup which, make no mistake is recognised as being the biggest club football cup competiition in the world, was the pits.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:28 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Ringo wrote:It was even funnier the following season when Man Utd entered the FA Cup and were knocked out in the 3rd round by West Ham Laughing

Right. In terms of respect ManU took a massive dive. I've always had a kind of "special feeling" for ManU following the disaster - Denis Law was my hero in the '60's even though I was a Gooner - but that decision to forego the FA Cup which, make no mistake is recognised as being the biggest club football cup competiition in the world, was the pits.

they are wankers of the highest order jpr.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:56 am

jpr60 wrote:

Think you'll find that it wasn't actually Man Utd's decision to forego the FA cup.The Premierleague wanted them to take part in the world club championship.To be fair JP you managed to totally sidestep the issue there by having a pop at Man Utd.Well done
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Think you'll find that it wasn't actually Man Utd's decision to forego the FA cup.The Premierleague wanted them to take part in the world club championship.To be fair JP you managed to totally sidestep the issue there by having a pop at Man Utd.Well done

It was ManU's decision to ignore the FA Cup, whether they were encouraged to do so matters little, they took a step that degraded the oldest football cup tournament in the world which was a disgrace.
If I digressed QB it was in defence of my club who were being compared unfavourably to a club that is constantly being lorded as "the biggest", "the best" yet have been allowed to get away with all sorts of stuff cos they're everyone's favourite. Well they ain't mine and they don't always "value any trophy".
Now, where were we? Oh yes, the League Cup - I've forgotten what the dispute's about. Gooners don't rate it very highly? No, we don't - but at least we got to the final, better than ManU (and 89 other clubs).
Oh come on, enough already - I preferred hearing how Birmingham beat the best team in England/Europe to win the League Cup!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:08 pm

JP, fair play.By the way i dislike Man UTD more than any other club and given the choice (obviously apart from Villa but there's more chance of me getting a 3 way with Kelly Brook and Cheryl Cole than that happening) i'd like Arsenal above any other side to win the league title.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Arselicker. You had him on the ropes for a bit there too.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Tilton wrote:Arselicker. You had him on the ropes for a bit there too.

Laughing
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2