JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Villas-Boas

+4
jak
QBVILLA
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
FrenchSpur
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Villas-Boas Empty Villas-Boas

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:06 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_6998907,00.html

Seems to be on his way to Chelscum after quitting Porto. I am surprised Chelscum opted for this untested manager. Still good luck to him.

I did think that one or two of the current Portuguese managers would be brought to the Premiership but I didnt think Chelscum would be a destination.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Villas-Boas Empty Re: Villas-Boas

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_6998907,00.html

Seems to be on his way to Chelscum after quitting Porto. I am surprised Chelscum opted for this untested manager. Still good luck to him.

I did think that one or two of the current Portuguese managers would be brought to the Premiership but I didnt think Chelscum would be a destination.

Have you seen his Porto record? It's incredible. They took a similar punt on Mourinho and look how that worked.

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:

Have you seen his Porto record? It's incredible. They took a similar punt on Mourinho and look how that worked.

He does seem to be good...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Worked under Mourinho at Chelsea as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:44 pm

interesting debate on 5 live the other day about it, this guy is 3 months older then Lampard they don't think he will hold the respect in the dressing room required to make them a success.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:

He'd just won the CL Rolling Eyes
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:interesting debate on 5 live the other day about it, this guy is 3 months older then Lampard they don't think he will hold the respect in the dressing room required to make them a success.

And they was right.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:59 pm

You heard it here first. jwnedders have their ear to the ground. cheers

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:40 pm

So who is gonna be stupid enough to take the job on? OK, I would, you would, just to trouser the bungs but I'm assuming Abramovich will be expecting yet another Big Name to step up and be made a pillock of (or instantly succeed). I would think even The Special One would decline an offer to return, so who would want the honour of being put through the mill by a Russian bully-boy (plus henchmen) and various multi-egoed millionaire super-star footballers (plus Fat Frank)? I can't see anyone wanting the job, I mean your Guardilolas aren't short of cash are they? AVB took the job on probably thinking that a genuine 3-year project to up-grade the squad was the deal - he was naive enough to believe that his up-and-coming manager status was wanted for itself. Surely nobody will be that gullible again.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:47 pm

jpr60 wrote:So who is gonna be stupid enough to take the job on? OK, I would, you would, just to trouser the bungs but I'm assuming Abramovich will be expecting yet another Big Name to step up and be made a pillock of (or instantly succeed). I would think even The Special One would decline an offer to return, so who would want the honour of being put through the mill by a Russian bully-boy (plus henchmen) and various multi-egoed millionaire super-star footballers (plus Fat Frank)? I can't see anyone wanting the job, I mean your Guardilolas aren't short of cash are they? AVB took the job on probably thinking that a genuine 3-year project to up-grade the squad was the deal - he was naive enough to believe that his up-and-coming manager status was wanted for itself. Surely nobody will be that gullible again.

I agree, jpr. I just can't see Mourinho going there and Guardiola? Not a chance!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Sven has said he wants the job Very Happy Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:57 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Sven has said he wants the job Very Happy Very Happy

Ulrika's up for it too. Kiss Ass

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:27 pm

jpr60 wrote:So who is gonna be stupid enough to take the job on? OK, I would, you would, just to trouser the bungs but I'm assuming Abramovich will be expecting yet another Big Name to step up and be made a pillock of (or instantly succeed). I would think even The Special One would decline an offer to return, so who would want the honour of being put through the mill by a Russian bully-boy (plus henchmen) and various multi-egoed millionaire super-star footballers (plus Fat Frank)? I can't see anyone wanting the job, I mean your Guardilolas aren't short of cash are they? AVB took the job on probably thinking that a genuine 3-year project to up-grade the squad was the deal - he was naive enough to believe that his up-and-coming manager status was wanted for itself. Surely nobody will be that gullible again.

Roman doesn't really grasp the stability/ patience thing does he. Whoever goes in will need to spell it out that they need a period of transition but the fans don't really help these days either craving instant success. I feel sorry for AVB I think he could be a top manager down the line but it really was a big ask at such a young age. Some big name will come in though, money talks.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:31 pm

villainies wrote:

Roman doesn't really grasp the stability/ patience thing does he. Whoever goes in will need to spell it out that they need a period of transition but the fans don't really help these days either craving instant success. I feel sorry for AVB I think he could be a top manager down the line but it really was a big ask at such a young age. Some big name will come in though, money talks.

NO Roman understands the do as I say attitude and get me the CL...... I bet what he doesnt understand is why he cant stick his failures in the foundations of the nearest building site...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Stupid enough to take the Chelsea job???????? It's the best job in football. Look at the managers he's binned, they all trousered multi million payoffs and were in new jobs almost immediately. Maybe AVB has had his reputation damaged, but he'll be back in a top job in next to no time. There are already plenty of folks citing player power for his downfall, and prospective employers will be more interested in what he achieved at Porto.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Nice little pay off as well
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:41 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Stupid enough to take the Chelsea job???????? It's the best job in football. Look at the managers he's binned, they all trousered multi million payoffs and were in new jobs almost immediately. Maybe AVB has had his reputation damaged, but he'll be back in a top job in next to no time. There are already plenty of folks citing player power for his downfall, and prospective employers will be more interested in what he achieved at Porto.

So having worked at Chelsea has given AVB what, apart from money? What I'm saying is the likes of Guardiola are already rich enough to not have to spend months of discomfort, frustration - whatever - trying to magic trophies for Abramovich. AVB was, as I mentioned before, probably under the misapprehension he had the 3 years to do the job, Mr Mourinho and everyone else knows that's not going to be the case, so why bother? No effin way is that the best job in football!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:41 pm

If Mourinho came back in, he'd have no problem at all with player power. He's the man they want.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:If Mourinho came back in, he'd have no problem at all with player power. He's the man they want.

Yes, they can grow (even) older together!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Chelsea need to clear out what was the heart of their team, who have passed their best.
If Abramovic likes it or not, it's gonna take a while for a manager to get in the players he wants and to get them playing in his style.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Jpr, would you say that this sacking proves that AVB is a poor manager or that Abramovich is trigger happy? I don't for one minute believe it's the former and as proved by Ranieri,Scolari,Ancelotti,Grant and Mourhino have all proved this with their subsequent employment. Brian Clough said that his sacking by Leeds after 44 days was the best financial moment in his career and AVB will find the same. He'll make more money than Fergie and Wenger put together when he gets his next club, which won't be long. Despite what you say about these managers already being wealthy, human nature lends itself to greed and top managers all have massive egos which would be massaged by the opportunity to challenge for the top honours backed by a massive transfer kitty. There'll be plenty of interested managers i have no doubt about that.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:31 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Jpr, would you say that this sacking proves that AVB is a poor manager or that Abramovich is trigger happy? I don't for one minute believe it's the former and as proved by Ranieri,Scolari,Ancelotti,Grant and Mourhino have all proved this with their subsequent employment. Brian Clough said that his sacking by Leeds after 44 days was the best financial moment in his career and AVB will find the same. He'll make more money than Fergie and Wenger put together when he gets his next club, which won't be long. Despite what you say about these managers already being wealthy, human nature lends itself to greed and top managers all have massive egos which would be massaged by the opportunity to challenge for the top honours backed by a massive transfer kitty. There'll be plenty of interested managers i have no doubt about that.

Of course Abramovic is trigger happy. The thing is, how many truly top class managers are there left for Abramovic?
Whoever goes there is going to need time, something, judging on previous form, they're not going to get.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Has a manager ever turned Chelsea down since Ambramovich take over? He's got the funds to bring in whoever he wants. Money talks.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Has a manager ever turned Chelsea down since Ambramovich take over? He's got the funds to bring in whoever he wants. Money talks.

We don't know who's turned him down.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:38 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Stupid enough to take the Chelsea job???????? It's the best job in football. Look at the managers he's binned, they all trousered multi million payoffs and were in new jobs almost immediately. Maybe AVB has had his reputation damaged, but he'll be back in a top job in next to no time. There are already plenty of folks citing player power for his downfall, and prospective employers will be more interested in what he achieved at Porto.

Talksport were saying Chelsea will pay him 90k a week till middle of 2013 unless he takes another job. affraid

There will be no shortage of managers who want the Chelsea job but as Jak said the quality of manager available is low. Guardiola won't go. Leaves Mourinhio and Capello to entice I suppose.

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum