JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theo Walcott autobiography extract

2 posters

Go down

Theo Walcott autobiography extract  Empty Theo Walcott autobiography extract

Post  mikey Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:38 pm

A lot of the Arsenal lads at the time - Sol Campbell, Eduardo, Gaël Clichy and Andrey Arshavin - came along and so did Matt Lucas and some of my old friends from Southampton, such as Gareth Bale and Jake Thomson. It was a great night. I don't often let myself go but I did that night. We had just beaten Hull, we didn't have another match until the following Saturday, and, well, you're only 21 once. So, for once, I had a few drinks. Mel had got the soul singer Beverley Knight along to sing and I disgraced myself by missing her singing Happy Birthday to me. I guess that's what happens when you have a few drinks. She was singing but I was in the toilets at the club giving an impromptu speech to my Arsenal team-mates. I was making fun of Andrey because he reminds me of one of the meerkats in those television ads but mostly I was talking about them one by one and saying that no one could wish for a better set of team-mates. The next day, everyone said I was a very happy and good-natured drunk. That was good to know, though I'm not sure Beverley Knight was too impressed.

Shocked

mikey

Back to top Go down

Theo Walcott autobiography extract  Empty Re: Theo Walcott autobiography extract

Post  jak Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:13 pm

mikey wrote:
A lot of the Arsenal lads at the time - Sol Campbell, Eduardo, Gaël Clichy and Andrey Arshavin - came along and so did Matt Lucas and some of my old friends from Southampton, such as Gareth Bale and Jake Thomson. It was a great night. I don't often let myself go but I did that night. We had just beaten Hull, we didn't have another match until the following Saturday, and, well, you're only 21 once. So, for once, I had a few drinks. Mel had got the soul singer Beverley Knight along to sing and I disgraced myself by missing her singing Happy Birthday to me. I guess that's what happens when you have a few drinks. She was singing but I was in the toilets at the club giving an impromptu speech to my Arsenal team-mates. I was making fun of Andrey because he reminds me of one of the meerkats in those television ads but mostly I was talking about them one by one and saying that no one could wish for a better set of team-mates. The next day, everyone said I was a very happy and good-natured drunk. That was good to know, though I'm not sure Beverley Knight was too impressed.

Shocked

Nice to see you taking an interest in all things Arsenal.
You've obviously admired the chivalry of jpr60 and myself. I'm sure that I speak for jpr too, when I say that you show great potential and with some guidance, could fulfill the very high standards required to follow The Famous Arsenal.
Welcome aboard.

jak

Back to top Go down