JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balotelli II

+5
jak
FrenchSpur
villanfromluton
Bedshammer
jpr60
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Balotelli II - Page 2 Empty Re: Balotelli II

Post  jpr60 Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:22 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:One thing that really stood out to me was him picking up a truant who was being bullied, taking him back to school, and having a go at the bully and making sure the school sorted it.

I'm sure he's a lovely fella in real life - I'm talking about what he does in his job, on the field of play to other fellow pro footballers and in front of the watching millions.

Were you singing the same tune when Vierra went for spitting at Neil Ruddock.

Don't try to make comparisons between the actions of Vieira and Balotelli. Vieira was a ball-winning midfield general who took the knocks and dished them out every match for 90 minutes. He fouled some people, he got fouled, he kicked some people, he got kicked - that was the name of his game - competing for every ball and commanding the midfield.
Balotelli appears to be a super-skilled attacking player who apparently cannot accept to lose the ball, to be challenged physically in any way. Team-mates had to hold him back recently when Adams tapped him on the head - a gesture of recoginition for having bundled him over - Balotelli was on his feet and ready to attack Adams. I've seen his reactions to being tackled, he's brutal - the Parker incident was typical for him, he's basically out of control and something even more serious could easily happen. When it does, who will say "I didn't see that coming"? Nobody - the man's a nutter.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:52 pm

old fashioned i may be but for me i'd rather someone throw a punch at me than spit at me.Fecking disgusting
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:57 pm

QBVILLA wrote:old fashioned i may be but for me i'd rather someone throw a punch at me than spit at me.Fecking disgusting

Totally agree
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:06 am

villanfromluton wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:old fashioned i may be but for me i'd rather someone throw a punch at me than spit at me.Fecking disgusting

Totally agree

Me too - spitting is the pits. However, character of player who spits v character of player who kicks someone in the head when he's on the ground? At least you can react to being spat at - you might be dead after being kicked in the head!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:28 am

Vieira was hardly cleaner that clean. 12 career red cards, I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:23 am

Didn't he get banned for a few games last season for kicking somebody in the bollocks?

Very sporting.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:53 am

villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:27 pm

villanfromluton wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3758178/Arsenal-ace-Alex-Song-gets-three-match-ban-for-stamping-on-Newcastle-ace-Joey-Barton.html

What did you think of this incident then JPR, and please dont say its ok because it was Joey Barton

Err........it's OK (for me) because it was Joey Barton! Still don't see how anyone can be defended after kicking someone in the head when he's on the floor - spitting, stamping ....not nice, but not as outrageously brutal as the man Balotelli IMO.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Have you actually seen the incident with Parker?

It was certainly no more 'brutal' than what's been dished out by certain Arsenal players over the years.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Tilton wrote:Have you actually seen the incident with Parker?

It was certainly no more 'brutal' than what's been dished out by certain Arsenal players over the years.

B*ll*cks!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:01 pm

jpr60 wrote:

B*ll*cks!

Not at all. Balotelli was petulant, the aforementioned stamp on Barton was pure violence. And who can forget Eboue (literally) kicking the shit of Nani one FA Cup tie not too long ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Viera was an angel, so is Song.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

B*ll*cks!

Not at all. Balotelli was petulant, the aforementioned stamp on Barton was pure violence. And who can forget Eboue (literally) kicking the shit of Nani one FA Cup tie not too long ago.

"Petulant"? Kicking someone who is on the ground in the head is petulant? Eff me, what is vicious or violent if kicking someone in the head is only petulant? OK, wait a few weeks, perhaps Mr Balotelli will show us what else he's got in his locker as an answer to that question.
I find it hard to believe that people who claim to love football can accept that someone who prances around the pitch - obvious skills notwithstanding - be allowed uncontrolled acts of violence which are potentially dangerous. It's bad for the game is my opinion and, as I said at the start we've already got more than enough idiots in football without adding new'uns (and, for the sake of argument I'll accept your inclusion of Arsenal players if that makes it better for you - it doesn't change a thing whether Eboue kicked Nani, Vieira spat at whoever - we're talking Balotelli here, the bloke who's just been banned for four matches for kicking someone in the head)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Until the FA start actually banning payers for a long period or removing points for violent behaviour Then it will not go away. Young Mario will still be getting paid during his enforced rest it really isnt going to think twice before doing it again...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:26 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Until the FA start actually banning payers for a long period or removing points for violent behaviour Then it will not go away. Young Mario will still be getting paid during his enforced rest it really isnt going to think twice before doing it again...

And I suspect that's his problem - he's got "attitude" and doesn't think even once!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:30 pm

JP, how did you feel when Viera spat at Ruddock, did you think it was okay for him to do that? Likewise the stamp of Song at the start of this season, not the first time he has been involved in an incident like this if I am correct.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:54 pm

villanfromluton wrote:JP, how did you feel when Viera spat at Ruddock, did you think it was okay for him to do that? Likewise the stamp of Song at the start of this season, not the first time he has been involved in an incident like this if I am correct.

This is a stretch innit?
OK - I obviously don't like to see players doing stuff like spitting (I was a huge admirer of Frank Rijkaard in his playing days but was disgusted to see him spitting in Rudi Voller's face way back when) so if an Arsenal player does it it's bad news (for me). The only way I might understand spitting in someone's face is if it were to show just how much contempt you had for them but I'm not going to get into the psychology of why players do that stuff - it's probably more of an extreme wind-up, encouraging someone to throw one. Unfortunately I can understand why someone might "lose it" and stamp on another player - or throw a punch or whatever if the other player might be the sort of bloke who's been getting a few digs in - it's not good, of course and on the field of play it shouldn't be (and isn't) condoned so, again, if it's one of "my" players it's again, bad news. My gripe with Balotelli is that this latest incident - extremely dangerous - is only one of several I've noticed with the player - he always seems out of control and, on occasion with very little apparent reason. Whatever Parker may have said to him, however harsh his treatment was of Balotelli it in no way deserves such an automatic and vicious reaction. Balotelli was recovering his balance and in a split second kicked back - "Nobody-does-that- to-me" style. He's out of control and, footballers being footballers he will now be the target of many up-coming opponents as an easy wind-up. Either he calms down or, IMO he gets out - for all our benefits.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:01 pm

What other incidents are you on about with Balotteli, he has had a few mad moments no doubt, what about Viera in his early days, he was no angel JP. He is still young, in a foreign country, I for one think he is an asset to the premier league.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm

villanfromluton wrote:What other incidents are you on about with Balotteli, he has had a few mad moments no doubt, what about Viera in his early days, he was no angel JP. He is still young, in a foreign country, I for one think he is an asset to the premier league.

We obviously don't see eye-to-eye Lutes and I suspect we've done this one to death.
I just hope Keano doesn't get "done" by one of our lads on Sunday, eh?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:23 pm

I hope no player from either side gets done deliberately, but I will be more than happy if Keano scores the winning goal in the last minute of injury time. Will it be a full house JP, know Villa have sold their allocation as was hoping to get a couple of tickets
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:32 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I hope no player from either side gets done deliberately, but I will be more than happy if Keano scores the winning goal in the last minute of injury time. Will it be a full house JP, know Villa have sold their allocation as was hoping to get a couple of tickets

Should be - I've not heard of any groups doing anti-Wenger marches or whatever (although I'd not be surprised)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:23 am

jpr60 wrote:

B*ll*cks!

Bollocks is exactly what you're talking. You appear to be outraged at the Balotteli incident and maintain that it's so much worse than anything an Arsenal player has ever done.

It isn't.

I think that you know this, but you've gone so far in demonising Balotteli now that your pride won't let you admit it.

Be a man. Accept the truth. Nobody will think bad of you.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

B*ll*cks!

Bollocks is exactly what you're talking. You appear to be outraged at the Balotteli incident and maintain that it's so much worse than anything an Arsenal player has ever done.

It isn't.

I think that you know this, but you've gone so far in demonising Balotteli now that your pride won't let you admit it.

Be a man. Accept the truth. Nobody will think bad of you.

The same word as before (you know the one) and I'm glad that I am yet to see an Arsenal player (or any other player for that matter) kick an opponent in the head when he's down and that's the truth. Furthermore I don't wish to see that type of violence on the field of play (from Balotelli or anyone else) which was why I posted in the first place. I was interested to know how others felt - now I know. Some find the player as disgusting as I do, some don't think he's bad at all, some even would like him in their favourite team and reckon he's a credit to the Premier League. There you go, a cross-section of reaction - something for everybody!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:57 pm

You make it sound like he took a run up and booted Parker in the head as he lay on the floor. Take another look at it.

You've seen Arsenal players spit at opponents, stamp on opponents, kick opponents, punch opponents, elbow opponents and generally abuse opponents and officials.

Do you feel disgusted when an Arsenal player does these things?

If so, why don't you start a thread about it to highlight it?

Just a thought.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:30 pm

I'd like to hear your thoughts on RVP's vicious elbow yesterday.

Were you disgusted? Surely he's 'out of control'?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next