JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balotelli II

+5
jak
FrenchSpur
villanfromluton
Bedshammer
jpr60
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Balotelli II - Page 3 Empty Re: Balotelli II

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Actually, I've been meaning to post this:
One of my bosses at work takes his son to as many Man City games as they can manage (as well as having season tickets at the MK Dons).
I was out with him last week at a charity presentation and we were talking football. He said there was no reaction at all at the ground to the Balotelli incident and listening to the radio on the way home they wondered what all the fuss was about. Then they saw it on TV and completely understood. He's inclined to think it was accidental. I'm inclined to disagree but I won't because I quite like my job......
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Actually, I've been meaning to post this:
One of my bosses at work takes his son to as many Man City games as they can manage (as well as having season tickets at the MK Dons).
I was out with him last week at a charity presentation and we were talking football. He said there was no reaction at all at the ground to the Balotelli incident and listening to the radio on the way home they wondered what all the fuss was about. Then they saw it on TV and completely understood. He's inclined to think it was accidental. I'm inclined to disagree but I won't because I quite like my job......

Excellent point
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Well JPR has misgivings about trial by TV. Surprising really that he was so passionate about Ballotellis actions last week, yet now thinks it is wrong because his teams star player is shown doing thuggery of another kind
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Very similar, int that both incidents were missed during play but picked up by the camera.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:01 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Well JPR has misgivings about trial by TV. Surprising really that he was so passionate about Ballotellis actions last week, yet now thinks it is wrong because his teams star player is shown doing thuggery of another kind

I've always thought it wrong that TV can highlight stuff which the FA react to. If every single match was televised and the same attention given to every single team it would be fair, but it isn't. It's the so-called big clubs who receive all the attention. Vieira used to get the attention because when he was fouling someone he was Johnny-Foreigner taking advantage - it didn't matter that the Brothers Neville plus Nicky Butt were regularly cleaning players out at Old Trafford. Now we're focussing on ManC - it doesn't matter that Jim Smith in Divison II is regularly taking people out knee-high - no, look, there's that New-Rich-Kid-On-The-Block Balotelli who's kicking people in the head or, if you prefer, that nasty Dutch striker van Persie who's using his elbows - here, on TV nation-wide! It can't be right but when you see it it's not a pretty sight - is it?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:14 pm

So last week the FA were right to charge Balotteli judging from your comments of last week (which I agree with by the way), but this week it is wrong. This is funny Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:36 am

villanfromluton wrote:So last week the FA were right to charge Balotteli judging from your comments of last week (which I agree with by the way), but this week it is wrong. This is funny Very Happy

Is it because Balotelli is black????? Shocked that's it, JPR is a scouser!!!!!!!
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:41 am

Possibly. Or maybe it's because Balotelli claimed that he didn't know who his beloved Jack Wilshire was.

He hasn't even seen the Balotelli incident.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum