JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Match

+3
villanfromluton
jak
jpr60
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Big Match  Empty Big Match

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:39 am

Tonight - The Arsenal v Newcastle Utd at The Grove.
Gotta fancy our chances - whoever plays will want to keep our momentum going, a win and we're just the one point off thrid place. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Big Match  Empty Re: Big Match

Post  jak Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 am

It'll be a tough game. Give your all lads!!! Come on you Gunners!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 pm

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Only saw last half hour, but were the better team. What happened with Van Persie and Krul?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:16 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Only saw last half hour, but were the better team. What happened with Van Persie and Krul?

Don't know, to be honest, it was all double dutch to me. Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Glad to get the points - I thought we might have to settle for a draw, which would have been demoralising given that we should probably have scored four or five. Still, a good overall performance (except for some occasional poor finishing - on another day RvP would've had a hat-trick plus goals should have been scored by Rosicky, who had another good game and Gervinho) and great to see Vermaelen giving it all in the final minute to clinch the points!
Third place is up for grabs now.........................

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:43 pm

jpr60 wrote:Glad to get the points - I thought we might have to settle for a draw, which would have been demoralising given that we should probably have scored four or five. Still, a good overall performance (except for some occasional poor finishing - on another day RvP would've had a hat-trick plus goals should have been scored by Rosicky, who had another good game and Gervinho) and great to see Vermaelen giving it all in the final minute to clinch the points!
Third place is up for grabs now.........................

Rosicky has certainly put in the effort in the past few games. I hope he keeps it up.
I think Walcott has woken his ideas up too, he has tremendous potential if he keeps working hard.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Walcott's last ball is the main issue.. i still don't think he is as good as the press hype him to be.. the ball he gave to Rosiscky wasn't the best option.. even thou he still should have done better.. lets hope he hasn't been playing for a contract..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:36 pm

That was one of Theo's best-ever games for The Arsenal last night and most of his final balls were good too! The bloke he was up against in the first half was replaced at half-time - I like to think that Theo ran him into the ground!
Rosicky has been playing well of late. Most of us Gooners went off him a while back, he was either injured or, when he played he seemed to make little impact - he was the sort of player who might score the fourth goal in a 4-0 win but would never really make the difference. These last few weeks he's been giving it 100% - last night he was back making tackles and turned up all over the pitch in midfield and attack. He apparently puts his good form down to being fully fit and being given a regular run in the team which has brought him up to speed in the games. They say he's a popular lad in the squad too, a hard worker who gives everything for his team-mates, so perhaps we've all been a bit harsh on the lad. I'm certainly glad to see him playing these days - long may it continue!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Yes, Theo was excellent last night and rightly got the man of the match. I've never liked Rosicky because I've seen him too many times shirking his defensive duties and just not giving his all. I can accept a player being out of form but not trying is unforgiveable. That said, for whatever reason, maybe his new contract, who cares, he's been trying his heart out recently and playing very well. I really hope it lasts.
One other thing, Song is making up into a REALLY good player. His distribution has improved and he sees the defence splitting pass. He is involved in starting many of the moves that have resulted in goals. He is key to our future.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:21 pm

jak wrote:Yes, Theo was excellent last night and rightly got the man of the match. I've never liked Rosicky because I've seen him too many times shirking his defensive duties and just not giving his all. I can accept a player being out of form but not trying is unforgiveable. That said, for whatever reason, maybe his new contract, who cares, he's been trying his heart out recently and playing very well. I really hope it lasts.
One other thing, Song is making up into a REALLY good player. His distribution has improved and he sees the defence splitting pass. He is involved in starting many of the moves that have resulted in goals. He is key to our future.

And to think that I considered Song to be a complete waste of space! I remember the coldest night I've ever watched a match, in Berne against FC Thun - Song played in the midfield and I truly couldn't see what role he had, he looked slow, lumbering about, he couldn't tackle, find a team-mate with a pass and I wondered how he could be playing for The Arsenal. Horrible match, freezing cold - I think back and marvel at what an impact Song has made. Again, that's Arsene Wenger - he sees stuff in players that we simply don't recognize, the man is a genius and I truly don't think he gets enough credit from us Gooners as a whole (I don't give a toss if the others think he's foreign rubbish). Long may he continue to "know", eh?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:Yes, Theo was excellent last night and rightly got the man of the match. I've never liked Rosicky because I've seen him too many times shirking his defensive duties and just not giving his all. I can accept a player being out of form but not trying is unforgiveable. That said, for whatever reason, maybe his new contract, who cares, he's been trying his heart out recently and playing very well. I really hope it lasts.

And to think that I considered Song to be a complete waste of space! I remember the coldest night I've ever watched a match, in Berne against FC Thun - Song played in the midfield and I truly couldn't see what role he had, he looked slow, lumbering about, he couldn't tackle, find a team-mate with a pass and I wondered how he could be playing for The Arsenal. Horrible match, freezing cold - I think back and marvel at what an impact Song has made. Again, that's Arsene Wenger - he sees stuff in players that we simply don't recognize, the man is a genius and I truly don't think he gets enough credit from us Gooners as a whole (I don't give a toss if the others think he's foreign rubbish). Long may he continue to "know", eh?!

For me Song was always a far better prospect than Denilson and while Wenger does know how to pull a rabbit out of the hat, he has dipped into the topper and dragged out the odd donkey Very Happy
Sylvestre, Squillacci, Park to name but three. However, some of his rabbits have been pure gold.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:49 pm

So, another difficult fixture, this time up at Everton. Could be an important match for Arteta, it's certainly important for The Arsenal to maintain the momentum and get a result although "Everton away" has always been a difficult one so I'm feeling a touch nervous.
Still, three points are up for grabs so I hope the lads respond well, there's a certain "gap" that needs filling after all! Come on Arsenal, fill that gap!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Well, well, well! The Arsenal with a bit of oooomph, eh? All the away teams were winning1-0 but we were the only one to maintain - now that's what I call determination! One-nil toThe Arsenal............
What's that you say? Third? Really? Thankyouverrrrymuch!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:42 pm

A jolly good nights work old chap, what?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:47 am

Helps when the lino does an almighty feck up to deny Everton a fair goal
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:35 am

villanfromluton wrote:Helps when the lino does an almighty feck up to deny Everton a fair goal

Swings'n roundabouts. Rosicky was upended from behind by Drenthe, in the penalty area (not shown on MOTD strangely enough?!?) and the ref waved play-on. I think the ref and his assistants were pretty poor throughout the match, clear fouls being ignored and various offsides-which-weren't (for both teams).

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:54 am

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the elbow by Heskey yesterday Laughing

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:49 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the elbow by Heskey yesterday Laughing

You won't, it's a man's game, remember? Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:54 pm

jak wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the elbow by Heskey yesterday Laughing

Didnt see it, but I guess he missed, shame as could do with him being banned
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:17 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

Didnt see it, but I guess he missed, shame as could do with him being banned

Djourou had to go off to get his face re-constructed, but, as we've heard before, "It's a man's game" and I understand nobody mentioned it on MOTD so it couldn't have happened, eh?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:30 pm

QPR on Saturday, that ain't gonna be easy although I'd love us to stuff'em, especially if their club captain is playing.
No reason why we shouldn't win, of course, as long as we don't take it easy and can handle the obvious physical attention their manager is likely to encourage (now, there's a "man" in a "man's game" for you - remember when he spent 90 minutes swearing at and about Arsene Wenger then bleating to the media cos Wenger didn't shake his hand at the end - cnut!!!). Come on Arsenal - "only one team in London"!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:33 pm

jpr60 wrote:QPR on Saturday, that ain't gonna be easy although I'd love us to stuff'em, especially if their club captain is playing.
No reason why we shouldn't win, of course, as long as we don't take it easy and can handle the obvious physical attention their manager is likely to encourage (now, there's a "man" in a "man's game" for you - remember when he spent 90 minutes swearing at and about Arsene Wenger then bleating to the media cos Wenger didn't shake his hand at the end - cnut!!!). Come on Arsenal - "only one team in London"!

Chelsea?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 pm

villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:QPR on Saturday, that ain't gonna be easy although I'd love us to stuff'em, especially if their club captain is playing.

Chelsea?

Now. Now. Don't be silllleeee. Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 pm

Hugely disappointing result and performance, apparently - I've not seen it but will watch whatever they dish up on MOTD. Sounds as though we weren't at the races which is totally unacceptable IMO - if we can't do better than Liverpool HTF are we gonna get in touch with the top teams? Come on Arsene, have a word old son!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum