JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal

+6
villanfromluton
roadoftrinity
ADRIAN_1976
villainies
FrenchSpur
MrMagoo
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal Empty RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal

Post  MrMagoo Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Title says it all.......
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal Empty Re: RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:25 pm

He has a year left doesnt he ??? Will they now sell him ??
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal Empty Re: RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal

Post  villainies Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Arsenal are teetering on the edge of the abyss.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

If the sell him.. they will get 20-25M and potentially miss out on champions league..

Better to keep him and lose him on a free as long as they make top four and might even nick a trophy affraid
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:15 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:If the sell him.. they will get 20-25M and potentially miss out on champions league..

Better to keep him and lose him on a free as long as they make top four and might even nick a trophy affraid

Now he's confirmed he won't be re-signing, they'll be lucky to get any more than £10-15m

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:40 am

Not a surprise to anyone that he is leaving, and I don't blame him for the money he can earn and go and win trophies somewhere.

However he is going to earn a ridiculous amount of money where ever he goes, and he obviously wants to leave this summer, and the cheeky tnuc still hasn't put in his transfer request as he (agent) is obviously trying to wangle some kind of loyalty bonus from Arsenal. These footballers never fail to astound me. Just a bit of honesty would be good, one footballer that wants to leave a club to actually put in a transfer request, other than when they are trying to get a new contract.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:45 am

Well said ROT
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:17 am

Hugely disappointed in RvP but now he's committed himself and slagged off the club at the same time he can do one, the quicker the better!
Some players move on and their decisions are respected (I still love Cesc Fabregas), other players move on with excuses to hide the fact they're seeking more money, stardom (I'll always dislike Adebayor, Nasri) and now RvP has joined the latter bunch. Not man enough (honest enough) to admit that he wants to double his salary he has to have a little dig at the club that recognized his talents, nurtured him and nursed him through injury after injury and use that as the reason for leaving.
TBH I thought RvP would stay - I also thought that we'd be lucky to get another full season out of him, especially one with the strike-rate he achieved last season - but I though he was an Arsenal man, a Gooner. He's not, he's little better than that cnut Nasri and he'll never be held in high esteem by Gooners - frankly he can phuck right off and enjoy his time and money in Manchester, or wherever the cnut decides to go!
And if you get to play at The Grove again, don't expect a pleasant reception.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:58 am

roadoftrinity wrote:Not a surprise to anyone that he is leaving, and I don't blame him for the money he can earn and go and win trophies somewhere.

However he is going to earn a ridiculous amount of money where ever he goes, and he obviously wants to leave this summer, and the cheeky tnuc still hasn't put in his transfer request as he (agent) is obviously trying to wangle some kind of loyalty bonus from Arsenal. These footballers never fail to astound me. Just a bit of honesty would be good, one footballer that wants to leave a club to actually put in a transfer request, other than when they are trying to get a new contract.

I see your point but in reality everyone plays the system.. footballers have found themselves in a situation that they can leave a football club without handing in a transfer request and hence keep there bonus then they will.. Barry did the same.. you can't blame them..

Most people in there day to day lives would do the same too..

As for RvP statement.. at least he has come out and said it early.. made his point.. not like Nasri or Fab or didn't say much..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:59 am

jpr60 wrote:Hugely disappointed in RvP but now he's committed himself and slagged off the club at the same time he can do one, the quicker the better!
Some players move on and their decisions are respected (I still love Cesc Fabregas), other players move on with excuses to hide the fact they're seeking more money, stardom (I'll always dislike Adebayor, Nasri) and now RvP has joined the latter bunch. Not man enough (honest enough) to admit that he wants to double his salary he has to have a little dig at the club that recognized his talents, nurtured him and nursed him through injury after injury and use that as the reason for leaving.
TBH I thought RvP would stay - I also thought that we'd be lucky to get another full season out of him, especially one with the strike-rate he achieved last season - but I though he was an Arsenal man, a Gooner. He's not, he's little better than that cnut Nasri and he'll never be held in high esteem by Gooners - frankly he can phuck right off and enjoy his time and money in Manchester, or wherever the cnut decides to go!
And if you get to play at The Grove again, don't expect a pleasant reception.

As an outsiders view i disagree with that thought..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:07 pm

To be fair to RVP, he has given Arsenal very good service over the years and is now reaching the stage of his career when he needs to win things. Yes, the money is a massive factor as well, but in reality Arsenal are not going to compete at the top level and that is where he wants to be playing. No way should he be compared to Adebayor, he desrves more respect than that and Arsenal fans here at work actually agree with his comments
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Why do people complain about players moving for money ??? To them it is a job and if there is an employer who wants their services and is willing to pay more then good luck to them.

I know this goes against my hatred of teams buying the league etc. but if it were me I know I would be going where the money was... You only have a short time in the game and most of these players will not be getting any sort of high powered job after their playing career... So they should make hay whilst the sun shines....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:47 pm

A player like RvP, who has been earning a serious amount of money for some eight years now doesn't need additional money for stability for the rest of his life - he's got that already. OK, doubling your salary is a great incentive I agree but then why not just tell it like it is - "You can't match the salary I'm being offered by club X" - and ask for a transfer? The fact that "Club X" has no right to be offering anything to a player with more than a year on his current contract is neither here nor there (it happens all the time), the fact is he'll be better off financially at Club X! Good luck, but then don't shoot off a couple of criticisms of the club that's been looking after you for eight years as some king of justification for your actions. It all seems a touch planned this RvP statement, as if there's some background stirring going on IMO.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:39 pm

villanfromluton wrote:To be fair to RVP, he has given Arsenal very good service over the years and is now reaching the stage of his career when he needs to win things. Yes, the money is a massive factor as well, but in reality Arsenal are not going to compete at the top level and that is where he wants to be playing. No way should he be compared to Adebayor, he desrves more respect than that and Arsenal fans here at work actually agree with his comments

"Arsenal are not going to compete at the top level"? Third in the Premier League last season (after a disastrous beginning), in the Champions League (yet) again this coming season? Where is this mystical "top level" if we ain't already in it, year in, year out?
I find it pretty difficult to agree with RvP's apparent love/loyalty for the club/wanting the best for the future of the club when he then announces he's leaving the club. To be frank it sounds like bollix or, he knows he's gonna be crap/injured next season so he's allowing another club to look after him - ah yes, perhaps that's it!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:45 pm

jpr60 wrote:

"Arsenal are not going to compete at the top level"? Third in the Premier League last season (after a disastrous beginning), in the Champions League (yet) again this coming season? Where is this mystical "top level" if we ain't already in it, year in, year out?
I find it pretty difficult to agree with RvP's apparent love/loyalty for the club/wanting the best for the future of the club when he then announces he's leaving the club. To be frank it sounds like bollix or, he knows he's gonna be crap/injured next season so he's allowing another club to look after him - ah yes, perhaps that's it!

In the past 4 seasons, Arsenal haven't finished within 10 points of top of the league, and a couple of times the gap has been closer to 20. Surely that isn't competing at the top level as you aren't competing to win the league. In fact, Liverpool have been closer to winning the league during them four seasons.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:04 pm

JP, by top level, you are nowhere near the Manchester clubs IMHO and as for the european stage where you were going to be when the new stadium was bedded in, that is pie in the sky
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:06 pm

jpr60 wrote:A player like RvP, who has been earning a serious amount of money for some eight years now doesn't need additional money for stability for the rest of his life - he's got that already. OK, doubling your salary is a great incentive I agree but then why not just tell it like it is - "You can't match the salary I'm being offered by club X" - and ask for a transfer? The fact that "Club X" has no right to be offering anything to a player with more than a year on his current contract is neither here nor there (it happens all the time), the fact is he'll be better off financially at Club X! Good luck, but then don't shoot off a couple of criticisms of the club that's been looking after you for eight years as some king of justification for your actions. It all seems a touch planned this RvP statement, as if there's some background stirring going on IMO.

Well you can understand him wanting to lift a cup once in a while and also the money aspect... But I think his main point was that he feels your club has no plan for the future.... He did make that pretty clear. Which is a bit of an indictment to be honest...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:10 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:A player like RvP, who has been earning a serious amount of money for some eight years now doesn't need additional money for stability for the rest of his life - he's got that already. OK, doubling your salary is a great incentive I agree but then why not just tell it like it is - "You can't match the salary I'm being offered by club X" - and ask for a transfer? The fact that "Club X" has no right to be offering anything to a player with more than a year on his current contract is neither here nor there (it happens all the time), the fact is he'll be better off financially at Club X! Good luck, but then don't shoot off a couple of criticisms of the club that's been looking after you for eight years as some king of justification for your actions. It all seems a touch planned this RvP statement, as if there's some background stirring going on IMO.

Well you can understand him wanting to lift a cup once in a while and also the money aspect... But I think his main point was that he feels your club has no plan for the future.... He did make that pretty clear. Which is a bit of an indictment to be honest...

He's been at the club for eight years - he knows full well how the club works so to suddenly be spouting off about the future of the club after one very good season is a touch gross IMO. Had he been an ever-present for a few years he might be allowed a touch of frustration but after one full season? I believe his "main point" is not a point at all, it's an excuse. And, as mentioned before, I suspect there might be some back-door stuff going on. Still, it livens up pre-season somewhat.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:17 pm

villanfromluton wrote:JP, by top level, you are nowhere near the Manchester clubs IMHO and as for the european stage where you were going to be when the new stadium was bedded in, that is pie in the sky

"The Manchester Clubs". A couple of years back it would have been ManU and Chelsea - all of a sudden ManC are in the money and all of a sudden they're a "Top Club". I'm still hoping that it's not just money that decides which club is the "best" - I've had to put up with Chelsea buying their way to the title a few times (but where were they last season - oh yes, winning the CL but not in a "Top Club" style, eh?) and last season ManC just managed to clinch the title. Let's just say I've not given up hope. European stage - pie-in-the-sky? We compete in the CL every year - we'll win it one day - and the very fact that we qualify year-in, year-out means we're at the level.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:29 pm

I remember Arsenal finishing below the Villa, then a good season and managing to finish 4th the year the European Cup was reformatted into the Champions League and the money from that competition kept them up there as a 'top' club.

Money has always meant success, and Arsenal can be as thankful for the hefty dose of dosh the champions league has bestowed upon them for their place at the top for the last decade and a half as clubs who have used wealthy owners to buy their position at the top.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

He's been at the club for eight years - he knows full well how the club works so to suddenly be spouting off about the future of the club after one very good season is a touch gross IMO. Had he been an ever-present for a few years he might be allowed a touch of frustration but after one full season? I believe his "main point" is not a point at all, it's an excuse. And, as mentioned before, I suspect there might be some back-door stuff going on. Still, it livens up pre-season somewhat.

Well it would seem that he isnt happy with the clubs plans... The press have alluded to this for some time now so I would guess there is no smoke without fire
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

Well it would seem that he isnt happy with the clubs plans... The press have alluded to this for some time now so I would guess there is no smoke without fire

"The press" eh? OK, must be right then.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:48 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

"The press" eh? OK, must be right then.

Oh I forgot one of your major shareholders doesnt seem best pleased either...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Money,money and more money. RVP might well be gwtting a colussal amount of cash but you can bet your knackers that when players are on international duty they compare wages. RVP will think he deserves the same money as the top european stars, a bit of a cock measuring contest.
It's also time to give up the argument that Chelsea and now City have bought the title. To bridge the gap from where they were to where they are it needed it. That's the way the modern game is. Look at Villa for example. A few years ago we were seriously challenging the top 4 only to ultimately fall short and lose our entire midfield to the Manc clubs. It happened before to Everton and it will be the same for the Spurs. You get close then your top players are picked off. Eight years ago Arsenal had the invincibles and the Arsenal players were already at the top club. Problem is whilst Man U, City and Chelsea pumped the money in and seriously strengthened Arsenal got weaker every season. Third eight years ago would've been seen as failure. Now it's seen by fans as success. Shows just how far the club has dipped. Top top club, second rate team.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:05 pm

JP, when the new ground was being built, did the Arsenal board not say they would then be able to compete with Man Utd? It has not happened has it? Yes you have been in the champions league for 15 years, that is very good. However, is it that good when you think how much money has been made out of being in that competition compared to Spurs for instance? You just about finished above them, yet they have only had the luxury of champions league football on two occassions. One could argue they should be nowhere near you. As I said earlier, all these alleged youngsters coming through, who are they? Wilshere and Gibbs, who else?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum