JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal

+6
villanfromluton
roadoftrinity
ADRIAN_1976
villainies
FrenchSpur
MrMagoo
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 am

Personally, I thought it was embarrassing watching Arsenal fans celebrate last season getting third, it was like they won the league.

A team like Newcastle, Villa or Everton, fair enough, but not a team like Arsenal.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: RVP will not be signing a new contract with Arsenal

Post  jpr60 Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:22 am

villanfromluton wrote:JP, when the new ground was being built, did the Arsenal board not say they would then be able to compete with Man Utd? It has not happened has it? Yes you have been in the champions league for 15 years, that is very good. However, is it that good when you think how much money has been made out of being in that competition compared to Spurs for instance? You just about finished above them, yet they have only had the luxury of champions league football on two occassions. One could argue they should be nowhere near you. As I said earlier, all these alleged youngsters coming through, who are they? Wilshere and Gibbs, who else?

I think the board said that without a new stadium we would not be able to compete with ManU and there's little doubt that a 62'000-seater stadium produces more income than a 38'000-seater stadium. When the stadium debt is paid off (I think we're about £98M in debt today) we'll have more money to compete with the big-spenders and, hopefully the new financial rules will ensure that we're as financially competitive as any other club in terms of players wages etc.
Spurs? Well 'Arry spent many millions on new players - aided by ManC paying 60% one of his players' wages each week - but they still couldn't overtake us. Chelsea - look at the millions they've spent and the annual debt they accept - this has got to be wrong from a business point of view and, with any luck the new rules will put an end to this kind of "financial doping". If not God knows where football will end up!
Wilshere, Gibbs, Frimpong for the moment but there are more on their way - never fear Lutes, it's The Arsenal Way and, Arsene knows!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:25 am

roadoftrinity wrote:Personally, I thought it was embarrassing watching Arsenal fans celebrate last season getting third, it was like they won the league.

A team like Newcastle, Villa or Everton, fair enough, but not a team like Arsenal.

If you'd lost your club captain - and easily your best player, then had your new young hopeful pulled up by injury and a third key player up and leave in the space of a few weeks at the beginning of the season - dropping to 17th in the table shortly thereafter - you'd be effin pleased with a third-place finish, whoever you are. I think it was an effin miracle TBH so "embarrassing" has no part in the story!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:41 am

jpr60 wrote:

If you'd lost your club captain - and easily your best player, then had your new young hopeful pulled up by injury and a third key player up and leave in the space of a few weeks at the beginning of the season - dropping to 17th in the table shortly thereafter - you'd be effin pleased with a third-place finish, whoever you are. I think it was an effin miracle TBH so "embarrassing" has no part in the story!

Man U lost Ronaldo and still challenged, in fact over the years Man U have always lost key players and challenged.

I guess Arsenal fan's have accepted that getting into the Champions League is as good as they will get, hence the celebration, which is fair enough. But then surely they can't complain if players want to leave and have more chance of winning something and earn more money at the same time?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:40 am

7 years without a trophy does not a top club make.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:34 am

jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:JP, when the new ground was being built, did the Arsenal board not say they would then be able to compete with Man Utd? It has not happened has it? Yes you have been in the champions league for 15 years, that is very good. However, is it that good when you think how much money has been made out of being in that competition compared to Spurs for instance? You just about finished above them, yet they have only had the luxury of champions league football on two occassions. One could argue they should be nowhere near you. As I said earlier, all these alleged youngsters coming through, who are they? Wilshere and Gibbs, who else?

I think the board said that without a new stadium we would not be able to compete with ManU and there's little doubt that a 62'000-seater stadium produces more income than a 38'000-seater stadium. When the stadium debt is paid off (I think we're about £98M in debt today) we'll have more money to compete with the big-spenders and, hopefully the new financial rules will ensure that we're as financially competitive as any other club in terms of players wages etc.
Spurs? Well 'Arry spent many millions on new players - aided by ManC paying 60% one of his players' wages each week - but they still couldn't overtake us. Chelsea - look at the millions they've spent and the annual debt they accept - this has got to be wrong from a business point of view and, with any luck the new rules will put an end to this kind of "financial doping". If not God knows where football will end up!
Wilshere, Gibbs, Frimpong for the moment but there are more on their way - never fear Lutes, it's The Arsenal Way and, Arsene knows!

But it has been said for many years JPR re the youngsters and lets be honest, they have not come through as had been predicted. Frimpong is a maybe, as is Gibbs IMHO at the moment with his injury problems. You have had pots more money than the vast majority of other teams for many years, there was always a massive gap between the haves and have nots, it is just that other teams have mega rich owners now and wont be bullied by the big teams no more
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:28 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

But it has been said for many years JPR re the youngsters and lets be honest, they have not come through as had been predicted. Frimpong is a maybe, as is Gibbs IMHO at the moment with his injury problems. You have had pots more money than the vast majority of other teams for many years, there was always a massive gap between the haves and have nots, it is just that other teams have mega rich owners now and wont be bullied by the big teams no more

Not sure I agree with Arsenal having "pots more money" - several clubs have spent big in the not-too-distant-past, bigger than The Arsenal at any rate - Everton, Liverpool, Blackburn, ManU - we have bought players but have never been the Big Spenders or "haves" as you suggest. In more recent times Tottingham and, of course Chelsea, ManU and now ManC have been throwing the cash around like there's no tomorrow. I doubt we've ever "bullied" other clubs and I don't feel as if we're being bullied now, just being made to play second-fiddle to the ridiculous sums on offer from sheiks and oligarths, a situation which I hope will be remedied by the new financial rules coming into play.
Oh and by the way, The Asenal have been a well-managed club for a long, long time. Well-managed from the top - that's why we've not (yet) lost our collective shirt and have, perhaps looked like a rich club to others. Long may it last - we'll still be there or thereabouts when the current moneybags owners of other clubs have decided to change their sport or been thrown in prison.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Everton spend more than Arsenal? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Everton spend more than Arsenal? Very Happy

They used to.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:53 pm

and Arsenal used to spend more than anyone, bar Man United. Money breeds success, and success makes money. Arsenal have the resources but they've refused to use them and suffered for it.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:04 pm

When?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Also RVP isn't leaving because someone has offered him more money. He's leaving because Arsenal haven't won anything for years and he doesn't feel they will any time soon. Only Arsenal are to blame for that.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Also RVP isn't leaving because someone has offered him more money. He's leaving because Arsenal haven't won anything for years and he doesn't feel they will any time soon. Only Arsenal are to blame for that.

I bet you he won't be signing for anyone who doesn't pay him more than he's on now. Not about money? It's always about money
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:30 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Also RVP isn't leaving because someone has offered him more money. He's leaving because Arsenal haven't won anything for years and he doesn't feel they will any time soon. Only Arsenal are to blame for that.

I bet you he won't be signing for anyone who doesn't pay him more than he's on now. Not about money? It's always about money

Not saying he won't be earning a hefty wedge, just that unlike Nasri and Adebayor, he's not has his head turned by money. You can bet if he signs for Juve he won't be earning much more than he does at Arsenal.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:00 pm

JP, how many millions have Arsenal made through the champions league? Quite a hefty amount I would reckon. That league was brought in to make the big clubs bigger and fair play, you have been in it for 15 years. I agree with you about the money clubs through big owners, but they are here and we all have to deal with it. Not many clubs can hold them off nowadays. Not better for the game, but neither is the champions league when it has teams finishing 4rd or 4th IMHO
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:16 pm

4th or 4th is definitely shit Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

QBVILLA wrote:4th or 4th is definitely shit Very Happy

I aint even had a beer either Embarassed , you know what I fecking meant. Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

QBVILLA wrote:4th or 4th is definitely shit Very Happy
I just spotted that.
Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2