JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Di Matteo...

+2
Bedshammer
ADRIAN_1976
6 posters

Go down

Di Matteo... Empty Di Matteo...

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:19 am

Sacked this morning six months after winning the clubs first ever Champions league...
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Di Matteo... Empty Re: Di Matteo...

Post  Bedshammer Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:40 am

Gosh, that's a shock.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:32 am

That club deserves to be relegated that way they carry on.... I hope guardiola tells them where to go
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:32 am

I'm surprised it took this long. A team with £130m worth of attacking talent playing the garbage they've served up some of the time this season isn't good enough. Although nice to see Benitez is the favourite to replace him, replace one dodgy manager with a flukey Champions League with another. Very Happy Anyone who gets the job is keeping the seat warm for Mourinho or Guardiola.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:50 am

'Arry until the end of the season or until Guardiola is ready.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I'm surprised it took this long. A team with £130m worth of attacking talent playing the garbage they've served up some of the time this season isn't good enough. Although nice to see Benitez is the favourite to replace him, replace one dodgy manager with a flukey Champions League with another. Very Happy Anyone who gets the job is keeping the seat warm for Mourinho or Guardiola.

Garbage scratch

Until Nov they have been playing well.. the guy has been told to change the club total footballing philosophy from the last few years to a totally different style of play.. something no one else in Europe has gone thru in such a short space of time.. he has ONE striker who lets face it is shit.. can't change the game plan by bringing on a different type of player..

IF Guardiola is the man he wants then why not give Di Matteo till end of season then get rid.. what's point in bringing in Fat Waiter or Avram..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:37 pm

AS for Rafa.. granted i hate the fat tnuc.. but to win and reach another Champions Lge final plus to out wit Mourinhio and Chelsea in two semi finals over two legs is no fluke.. you dont half talk some shit.. Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:42 pm

OK, Di Matteo was always a stand-in until Mr Right (whoever he may prove to be) comes along for the Chelsea God that is Abramovich but I'm still appalled by the situation at the club - whoTF would want to work for Abramovich (or anyone of his ilk)?
Yes, Chelsea have won stuff since Abramovich unloaded his money into the coffers but it's hardly been done with any touch of grace, of class even. If the bloke who gets you your cherished trophy isn't good enough to keep his job six months later who is?
For me winning things has to do with team-work, preparation, development of players - no team will ever continuously win stuff year-after-year if the competitions they're in are truly competitiive. You can't (I hope) just keep throwing money at stuff to achieve success.
At times like these I'm so glad not to be a supporter of a club that's been taken over by a bottomless-pocketed megalomaniac - how can the (true) fans relate to what's been going on these past twelve years at Chelsea, I wonder?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:51 pm

He sacks manager after manager but they still win title cups and finally the champ lge..

We might not agree with it but i bet Chelsea fans wouldn't swap it for the Arsenal scenario ( sorry just making a comparison )

Oh and as for who would want the job.. i bet there's a queue of managers who would take it..!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 pm

It's madness. If they had some stability there they could be even better. Win more trophies and become a stronger club. RA obviously has his own ideas but I think he really needs to find a manager and stick with him regardless for a good few seasons.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:31 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:He sacks manager after manager but they still win title cups and finally the champ lge..

We might not agree with it but i bet Chelsea fans wouldn't swap it for the Arsenal scenario ( sorry just making a comparison )

Oh and as for who would want the job.. i bet there's a queue of managers who would take it..!

You're not a true fan of a club because they win on a regular basis, you're a fan because you identify with the club in some way e.g. it's your local club, it's the club your family support, it's the club yo've always followed. Winning trophies is a massive plus but any real football fan knows that winning trophies doesn't happen every season, every two, three years.......some fans have never seen their club win a major trophy but they're still there, week-in, week-out supporting "their" team.
So I doubt there are many true Chelsea fans who are happy with the way their club is being run. There's not much you can identify with if Abramovich just does what he wants. Yes, he's entitled to (God knows he's put enough cash into the coffers) but it doesn't make for a cosy club/team/fan relationship IMO.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Why wouldnt TRUE Chelsea fans be happy?

OK they might prefer if it was still Mourinhio and one manager stability.. or they might not be happy that he sacked Di Matteo so soon..

But TRUE fans stick by there team whether managers are being hired and fired and TRUE fans want to see there team winning trophies.. and you can't argue that despite sacking manager after manager the fans have seen there club win Titles Cups and The Champions League under Abramoavic's guidance......
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Happy to win trophies yes, of course, but the fans can't feel much "at one" with their club when the owner just does as he chooses - buy a player here, sack a manager there.
I suspect everyone would be happy to have Guardiola as their club's manager (OK, except Real Madrid fans) and that's who Abramaovich apparently wants as his ultimate manager (after the next one or two?) but could Guardiola live with working for a boss who keeps sticking his nose in? I suspect not, so that means Chelsea fans will just have to live with this in-out way of life until Abramovich has had enough.
If you, as a fan can accept that the new owner - Mr Moneybags - can do what he likes with the club, change its identity, bring in who he likes, kick out who he likes and, on that basis enjoy the trophies if and when they arrive, OK, perhaps you're happy. But then, even as a fan you're being driven by The Money - the old feelings of club loyalty, club tradition, club family, if you like will have disappeared.
We've had some of that at Arsenal - moving from Highbury was a massive heartbreak I can tell you but I can see the reasons were for the longer-term financial good of the club so, I can (just about ) accept it. If the club started behaving erratically (à la Abramovich) I'd be asking myself some questions as to why I supported the club and I'm not sure I'd see "Bought Trophies" as a satisfactory answer (not to mention the ethics of the owner, the way he comminicates etc).
So, I wouldn't be a happy fan.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Well, they've appointed Benitez. It must have been a done deal before Di Matteo was sacked.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down