JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday

+3
villanfromluton
jpr60
villainies
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saturday Empty Saturday

Post  villainies Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:25 pm

You ready for your spanking? 3-1 I'm going for, UTV
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Saturday Empty Re: Saturday

Post  jpr60 Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:38 pm

As I don't se The Arsenal dropping points before Christmas (I haven't looked beyond as yet) I'm looking forward to a convincing home win in our first match at The Grove. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:49 pm

villainies wrote:You ready for your spanking? 3-1 I'm going for, UTV

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

proper spanking
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:55 pm

mystic villainies Very Happy 
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:00 pm

jpr60 wrote:As I don't se The Arsenal dropping points before Christmas (I haven't looked beyond as yet) I'm looking forward to a convincing home win in our first match at The Grove. Come on Arsenal!

Merry Christmas JP
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:03 pm

What a start to the season. Thought Villainies was being a bit optimistic, I thought it would be 2-1, but put a crafty fiver on us to win at 7/1. Listened on the radio, appears as if we got lucky with the second penalty, but from the clip I saw of the first one, the keeper should have been off. Appears Wilshere was lucky to stay on the pitch after trying to cheat a penalty as well, but hey ho, Lamberts boys did us proud. Jak, JPR, your boys took one hell of a beating cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:08 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:As I don't se The Arsenal dropping points before Christmas (I haven't looked beyond as yet) I'm looking forward to a convincing home win in our first match at The Grove. Come on Arsenal!
Merry Christmas JP
Spend your fucking money was the only chant from the gooners all day cheers cheers . How dare Villa try and tackle them, they should be allowed to tip toe the ball into the net
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:15 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Merry Christmas JP
Beds 

Good Boxing Day win for us.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:17 pm

With our opening fixtures I expected us to be bottom after three games. That victory will prove to be a lot more than three points. Any away win is a good win but to score three at Arsenal will set our young lads up for the season. As for the Arsenal, well it might actually prove a good result as there are two weeks of the window. This may prove the kick up the arse Wenger needs.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Wenger has been far too stubborn and he is now letting the football club down with his actions IMHO. Could I give a monkeys, no lol. Lambert did his business early and has been great for the club. I was concerned about our start to season, but that is a massive boost. Just heard Lambert say Gabby's performance was the best individual performance he had seen from an individual for years cheers 
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 pm

QBVILLA wrote:With our opening fixtures I expected us to be bottom after three games. That victory will prove to be a lot more than three points. Any away win is a good win but to score three at Arsenal will set our young lads up for the season. As for the Arsenal, well it might actually prove a good result as there are two weeks of the window. This may prove the kick up the arse Wenger needs.
Indeed.. Massive three points.. Heard reports say Delph had two or three chances to play the final pass but got it wrong.. If the right attacking midfielder comes in we could score a shed load this season..!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Delph apparently played really well, as he did for most of the second half of last season, an attacking midfielder would be nice but Arsenal away isn't the to play him.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Watching it on Ss1 now. Wilshere, good player but he's a petulant prat. Gabby looks back to his best and Luna, bargain on this display. Heard a lot of moans on talksport off Gooners about the ref. Haven't got to the second half yet but the only big decision he got wrong in the first half was not sending off the Arsenal keeper.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:08 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Delph apparently played really well, as he did for most of the second half of last season, an attacking midfielder would be nice but Arsenal away isn't the to play him.
Yes heard he was very good..

Sorry earlier was more about if we get a playmaker we will score a bucket full rather then anything negative about Delph.. he was everywhere reading views on other blogs..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Oh and Luna's booking for getting a kick in the bollocks????
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Second one shouldn't have been a pen, to be fair to the ref, from his angle he just sees Gabby knock it and then get caught.

Girod is never a striker that's going to win you the league.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Second penalty shouldn't have been given
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Most pleasing for me is the amount of effort our players put in. If Gabby maintains this form then he's a shoe in for England.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:17 pm

The ref had a shocker in the second half so I can see why the Gooners feel hard done by. However, if they do watch the game back the cold truth is that Villa put more effort in and wanted it more. Our midfield won every second ball and Agbonlahor in particular got through a shedload of work. One concern for me though is Vlaar. For me he isn't good enough and will cost goals.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:25 pm

Yes Vlaar is a worry.. Thought he would improve this season.. For there first goal he was tackling so high up like a box to box midfielder..

Hopefully Okore will do the business..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:11 am

The facts are these

Today a team that very nearly got relegated last year went to a regular champions league team and frankly, played them off the park. YES, there were a few iffy decisions but they went both ways. If Villa hadnt got 3 points today it would've been daylight robbery. UTV
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:35 am

What amazes me is how surprised you lot are.
I told you last year that Lambert was putting a good group of young players together who would have a roller coaster season but the end result would be a useful side.
You have that useful side now.
We saw the very worst of The Arsenal yesterday, the ref had a shit game but we can't blame him for our performance.
The problem is that I think, having sat on their hands all summer through, the powers that be at The Arsenal will now run around like chickens with their heads cut off signing players for the sake of signing them and not for their quality to do the required job.
It's a shambles!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:25 pm

I watched it on game of the day and my initial view was first penalty correct, second not. However, they showed a different angle on MOTD which showed that Koscielny took Agbonlahor's left leg before getting his studs on the ball, so in retrospect the ref got it right. Vlaar should have been given two yellows, and Oxlade Chamberlain could have possibly been given a straight red for diving in on Luna,catching him the bollocks before seeing Luna get booked.

Anyway it was one game. Chances are come the end of the season we'll be 20 odd points behind the Arsenal. The press are as predicted reporting on how bad Arsenal were rather than how good Villa played. Not many sides will visit the Emirates this season and create more chances than the home side. Every single Villa player put more effort in than the Arsenal lads, that would be my concern if I was a Gooner. No matter whether you are a pub player or a Barcelona player hard work and commitment is a pre requisite. Wilshere put more energy into throwing his arms in the air and berating the ref than anything else. Player for player there's only Benteke, possibly Guzan who'd get into the Arsenal side but 3-1 certainly didn't flatter us.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:00 pm

QB, I think Lowton is a better full back than Sagna and Luna does look a decent player on the left. Ades moaning about Delph I see, he was superb and will be a massive player this season for us IMHO. Lambert got his tactics spot on with the three in the middle, apparently KEA played well. The second one was a penalty when looked at closely, think the ref was guessing though there. How the feck was Luna booked? Wilshere's antics didnt do him any credit, but have to say I wasnt impressed by Gabby clapping the ref for sending the player off either.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:46 pm

villanfromluton wrote:QB, I think Lowton is a better full back than Sagna and Luna does look a decent player on the left. Ades moaning about Delph I see, he was superb and will be a massive player this season for us IMHO. Lambert got his tactics spot on with the three in the middle, apparently KEA played well. The second one was a penalty when looked at closely, think the ref was guessing though there. How the feck was Luna booked? Wilshere's antics didnt do him any credit, but have to say I wasnt impressed by Gabby clapping the ref for sending the player off either.
I saw that too - ugly behaviour! Despite that twonk Shearer "proving" that the second penalty was justified I don't buy it - the ref gave it cos he thought the tackle was from behind (IMO), the linesman didn't flag it and for me it was a straight-forward tackle that won the ball. Still that's the way it went.
Two ways of taking this defeat (as a Gooner) :
1) The season's finished - we've no hope of being champions and, due to our weak squad (and additional injuries) no hope of progress in the CL, won't get through the qualifying round.
2) It's "early doors" - this defeat will ensure that we'll go on an amazing winning run AND sign some reinforcements (due to the new injuries).
Whatever happens I believe we'd have been better off to have signed new players early in the summer - Higuain and Gustavo would've been just the ticket. I'd love to be proved wrong but I suspect that the powers that be have been caught napping, thinking that we can nick Suarez or Rooney at the last moment. I don't mind last-minute additions as long as they're good'ens - we'll see.
Meanwhile, Turkey and Fernerbache next. It will either be (1) Doom'n gloom or (2) Sweet revenge. Again, we'll see.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum