JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday

+3
villanfromluton
jpr60
villainies
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: Saturday

Post  jak Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:25 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:QB, I think Lowton is a better full back than Sagna and Luna does look a decent player on the left. Ades moaning about Delph I see, he was superb and will be a massive player this season for us IMHO. Lambert got his tactics spot on with the three in the middle, apparently KEA played well. The second one was a penalty when looked at closely, think the ref was guessing though there. How the feck was Luna booked? Wilshere's antics didnt do him any credit, but have to say I wasnt impressed by Gabby clapping the ref for sending the player off either.
I saw that too - ugly behaviour! Despite that twonk Shearer "proving" that the second penalty was justified I don't buy it - the ref gave it cos he thought the tackle was from behind (IMO), the linesman didn't flag it and for me it was a straight-forward tackle that won the ball. Still that's the way it went.
Two ways of taking this defeat (as a Gooner) :
1) The season's finished - we've no hope of being champions and, due to our weak squad (and additional injuries) no hope of progress in the CL, won't get through the qualifying round.
2) It's "early doors" - this defeat will ensure that we'll go on an amazing winning run AND sign some reinforcements (due to the new injuries).
Whatever happens I believe we'd have been better off to have signed new players early in the summer - Higuain and Gustavo would've been just the ticket. I'd love to be proved wrong but I suspect that the powers that be have been caught napping, thinking that we can nick Suarez or Rooney at the last moment. I don't mind last-minute additions as long as they're good'ens - we'll see.
Meanwhile, Turkey and Fernerbache next. It will either be (1) Doom'n gloom or (2) Sweet revenge. Again, we'll see.
The biggest problem for me, Jpr, is the way that this current regime has made The Arsenal look ridiculous. £40,000,001.00, what smart arsing? Who's stupid fecking idea was that? It's the action of cheap rate spivs and unbecoming of a club with the traditions of The Arsenal.
The side that started on Saturday should have been good enough to win at home but, as others have said, they just weren't up for it, they looked leaderless and lacking in physical stature.
The squad needs strengthening, for all to see, yet NOTHING has been done. They naively thought they could nick Suarez and let Higuain slip through their fingers.
We should be busting a gut to sign a player like Fellaini.
No, we've smart arsed ourselves into deep shit and now, with the injuries we're going to have to panic buy, possibly ending up with more crap, like the crap we've managed to clear out in the close season.
Like I said, it's a shambles. I've followed The Arsenal all my life. I've seen them for years play crap and then for a few years play brilliantly. I can live with all that.
What I don't like is this current regime making my beloved Arsenal a laughing stock.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:35 am

To be fair to arsenal on that one.. Think Suarez agent probably gave them the idea it would activate his release clause..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:07 am

It's still smart arsing. The one pound over is a spivvy move !!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:37 pm

I certainly think it showed a certain lack of class
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:18 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I certainly think it showed a certain lack of class

Yeh, I reckon we've got a Norf-London Jack-The-lad handling the transfers - that's why we ain't done any!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Watching the Man City game tonight and they've got a formidable squad. Can't see anyone getting within 15 points of the Manchesters and Chelsea. Arsenal with their stadium and their finance should not be as far off as they are. Wenger's stubborness? Or is the talk of £70m warchest simply a soundbite to flog mega expensive season tickets?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:09 am

Our away kit is a disgrace to the fans and the club. Who the feck designed that? He should be put in stocks at Aston Hall for the fans to pelt with rotten tomatoes before every home game.

For non Villa fans, Aston Hall is a jacobean house that sits next to Villa Park.

Saturday - Page 2 800px-Aston_Hall
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2