JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top of the table.

+3
jak
villanfromluton
jpr60
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Top of the table. Empty Top of the table.

Post  jpr60 Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:45 pm

The Arsenal top of the table, eh?. Early days yet, of course but given the fact that we've got key players out injured it looks promising, for a Gooner!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Top of the table. Empty Re: Top of the table.

Post  jpr60 Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:17 am

Got a big job to do to maintain that position though. Still players missing, Flamini and even Ramsey not 100% - can we do the business at Swansea? Yes we can - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:12 pm

And so we did. Poor first half but the match came to life in the second and we scored two excellent team goals. That's the way Arsenal - we are top-of-the-league (etc)!
Now let's have a look at Napoli in midweek - another match, another challenge. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Another good result, saw the goals and very well worked. Ramsey is on fire at the moment, great vision and pass to the lad for the first goal
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:12 am

Yes, the results elsewhere really went our way too. A good day for The Gunners !!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Do you think you have the squad to win the premiership. If you can stay in there until January, there is talk that there is still lots of money to spend. The two best teams so far have been the two north london teams so far IMO.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:27 pm

Never a wise move to count Man Utd out of the title but i'm going to stick my neck out here and say Arsenal for the title. I.think it's going to take two more signings in January but this is opportunity.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:53 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Never a wise move to count Man Utd out of the title but i'm going to stick my neck out here and say Arsenal for the title. I.think it's going to take two more signings in January but this is opportunity.
Ooooooh! I think I might just have fallen in love with you QB flower 
Seriously though 'tis early days although we do have the potential to improve when the walking-wounded have recovered - I'm still looking forward to seeing Cazorla and Ozil in harness (so to speak) - but I agree another couple of players are needed ideally. Still, all very enjoyable for us Gooners, especially as we were "Four games away from disaster" (Alan "I was there in '89 and can't forget it" Hansen) just a few weeks back. I'd just like us to maintain the form and, as I say it could get even better.
The game against Napoli this week will be another test - I foresee Benitez setting up for a draw at our place so we might well find it difficult to get through, perhaps Ozil is the key for this one.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Man Ure are 7/1 to win the league, funny really. Read someone saying Moyes had spent 11 years trying to get Everton about Manure and has finally achieved it.

Think Arsenal need to get another forward and perhaps a defender in, but no reason why they cant win it. Villa's result has been described as a freak one, but Cardiff did the same thing to Man City, se there are frailities. What has happened to Joe Hart?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:14 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Never a wise move to count Man Utd out of the title but i'm going to stick my neck out here and say Arsenal for the title. I.think it's going to take two more signings in January but this is opportunity.
That's not sticking your neck out.

Spurs for the title.

villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 pm

villainies wrote:
That's not sticking your neck out.

Spurs for the title.

Now that's just plain daft!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:46 pm

The KEY question is will Wenger add to the squad in Jan..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:24 pm

We might buy another couple of midfield players, word is we'll be happy when we can field eleven of them.Very Happy Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:49 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Do you think you have the squad to win the premiership. If you can stay in there until January, there is talk that there is still lots of money to spend. The two best teams so far have been the two north london teams so far IMO.
Hello Luton. I hope you are well and healthily rotund.Wink 
Yes I do think we can have a good shot at the PL this season. We are looking a much more cohesive unit. We are showing desire and a willingness to work hard, that has been lacking in recent seasons.
I hope we strengthen in January, bringing in a CB and a CF, both of quality to enhance our squad in those areas. That will be the icing on the cake. If we can stay right up there till January, add those players, we can do it.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:36 am

What a loverly peroformance from The Arsenal last night. I don't know if Benitez had set his team up for a draw but after 15 minutes we were 2-0 up so that went out of the window. And what superbly made and taken goals too. All I can say is it's loverly to se The Arsenal playing like this again. It's been a long time and, as I've mentioned before there's the potential for improvement once the injured players are available. Meanwhile I'm just sitting back with a smile.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 am

Superb first half performance. Giroud was brilliant again yesterday.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 pm

An excellent all round performance, The Arsenal won in a canter against a very good side.
Too many good performances to name one. If you like football, there were some magic moments in the first half.
The second half was controlled and great to see an Arsenal side holding there shape and working together as a team.
I'm excited by this squad.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:54 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Do you think you have the squad to win the premiership. If you can stay in there until January, there is talk that there is still lots of money to spend. The two best teams so far have been the two north london teams so far IMO.
Hello Luton. I hope you are well and healthily rotund.Wink 
Yes I do think we can have a good shot at the PL this season. We are looking a much more cohesive unit. We are showing desire and a willingness to work hard, that has been lacking in recent seasons.
I hope we strengthen in January, bringing in a CB and a CF, both of quality to enhance our squad in those areas. That will be the icing on the cake. If we can stay right up there till January, add those players, we can do it.
Bang on. You need those two additions ( not Benteke thou Mad  )

I think the fact Ramsey and Gibbs are in top top form this season and Giroud has played well..

The football against Napoli was top notch..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:39 pm

It certainly seems Arsenal are benefiting from the managerial changes at the Manchesters and Chelsea. Whether this will help them for the whole season remains to be seen but i doubt all three of them will underperform for the whole season. The two crucial things to remember here are a/ aside from the narrow victory against Spurs, Arsenal have been gifted the easiest start to a campaign in about 150 years. b/ Spurs are resurgent.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:33 pm

c/ You talk with forked tongue. Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:53 am

d. villainies doth talk a load of tosh

Think Giroud looks a top centre forward now, hold up play has been excellent and just looks a different player
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:31 pm

It's gonna be tough staying at the top though - this weekend is another major test for The Arsenal at the Hawthorns, whilst Liverpool will almost certainly take three points from their match against Palace. Still, it's for us to do and we certainly have the potential to keep this winning run going. No Sagna but Jenkinson is a willing and able substitute to fall back on and the rest of the squad must be up for it. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Absolutely !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:11 pm

A good game, we got the point that kept us top and it's nice to see Jack Wilshere getting on the scoresheet. Would've preferred a win of course (and we had the chances) but OK, I'll take the draw.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Wilshire had a nightmare first half. He spent most of it on his arse, terrible. Did better second half and the goal was a bonus.
We looked a bit static at times today. Very little movement off the ball. We had our chances but then so did WBA so, I suppose, a draw was a fair result.
Didn't the Hammers do well !!!!Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum