JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Cup

5 posters

Go down

League Cup Empty League Cup

Post  jpr60 Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:09 am

Next up it's Sarfampton in the League Cup. An interesting tie - presumably we'll be putting out a junior eleven - OK, it's only the League Cup but it'll be nice to keep the momentum going so a 2-1 win then, eh? Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

League Cup Empty Re: League Cup

Post  jak Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:40 am

This is a competition too far for us this season.
Put the reserves out and see what happens.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Cloud fecking cuckoo land from Goons as per. Wake up and smell the coffee, this isn't a competition too far, its the only competition you have a shot at. Suspect
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:59 pm

villainies wrote:Cloud fecking cuckoo land from Goons as per. Wake up and smell the coffee, this isn't a competition too far, its the only competition you have a shot at.  Suspect

Oh dear, you appear to be confused again villainies.

Look, here it is:
Premier League (currently one of only two unbeaten teams);
Champions League (currently one game into the group stages);
FA Cup (holders - yes, we won it last time out - more of that in January 2015);
League Cup - the fourth priority in which we will field a junior team; it won't be a weak team because The Arsenal have strong players at all levels.

You see, there really is some sense in our thinking.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:05 pm

villainies wrote:Cloud fecking cuckoo land from Goons as per. Wake up and smell the coffee, this isn't a competition too far, its the only competition you have a shot at.  Suspect

I don't know what you've been sniffing, Vidal but it ain't coffee. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Premier Leauge and Champions League you can forget about right now, that isn't happening any time soon.

You've blown your best chance in the League Cup so its just the FA Cup left, you've got a shot at it I suppose but I think you'll struggle.

Its a sad sad state of the modern game that 4th place is more desirable than silverware, but that is the Arsenal way. Wink
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:48 pm

I'm well pleased we're finished with the League Cup. As I said previously it's a step too far, given the depth of our squad.
I am extremely encouraged by Villainies assessment.
He is to football predictions what my arse is to the Chelsea Flower Show.Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Although I agree that the League Cup is of little import it is still a competition where the squad fringe members and juniors can get some playing time and experience, in front of 60'000 people - oh yes and the 60'000 people only had to cough up £10 last night to watch the match!
Still, we're out and that's that. I would expect Southampton to go on and win it, assuming most other clubs put out weakened sides. It was a decent game too - a fair result would've been a draw IMO - a couple of tasty goals and a pen. I thought the young defence played well enough, it was good to see Diaby in action for an hour or so and Alexis was his usual Action Man self.
As for villainies I'm starting to think he should be ignored - he's a bit of an embarrassment to himself - do you think there's something we can do to help?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:53 pm

I like Villainies, he's yer man who sits in the front row at a stag show and keeps getting to go to the toilet.
I think he's going through the menopause. It'll pass and he'll return to being that charming, gracious, liberal voting, intelligent, rational, tree hugger that he used to be. For the moment, tolerance is the word, jpr

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:58 pm

jak wrote:I like Villainies, he's yer man who sits in the front row at a stag show and keeps getting to go to the toilet.
I think he's going through the menopause. It'll pass and he'll return to being that charming, gracious, liberal voting, intelligent, rational, tree hugger that he used to be. For the moment, tolerance is the word, jpr

That's right - villainies had all that lovely blond hair too didn't he - OK, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and await a return to "normality" Laughing

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:22 pm

It's the least we can do, jpr.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:49 am

and there was me thinking that you gooners had moved again and changed your name cus I didnt see you in the draw for the last 16...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:50 am

FrenchSpur wrote:and there was me thinking that you gooners had moved again and changed your name cus I didnt see you in the draw for the last 16...

"Last sixteen"? - we're rarely found anywhere near the word "last" Frenchie, you should know that. We're usually associated with the word "top". Still, I suppose you're meaning the League Cup, the competition on a par with the Europa League - you'll be in both of those competitions I expect. Good for you Frenchie, to each his own, eh?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:56 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:and there was me thinking that you gooners had moved again and changed your name cus I didnt see you in the draw for the last 16...

Impressive performance from the Spuds last night. You're there on merit. Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 pm

jak wrote:

I thought it was all over when they went a goal down..... I didnt think they had it in them to come back.... Hey Ho..

and I would like to remind you that until you managed the FA Cup you were quite happy to be in this cup and were even desperate to win it... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:18 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jak wrote:

I thought it was all over when they went a goal down..... I didnt think they had it in them to come back.... Hey Ho..

and I would like to remind you that until you managed the FA Cup you were quite happy to be in this cup and were even desperate to win it... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You're a little confused, Cath. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:24 pm

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jak wrote:

You're a little confused, Cath. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I dont think so....

any way its still a golry year and CYSO
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:35 pm

jpr60 wrote:

Look, here it is:
League Cup - the fourth priority in which we will field a junior team; it won't be a weak team because The Arsenal have strong players at all levels.

Not on that showing against Southampton you haven't.

Honestly now, how many Southampton players could you name or know anything about? And how many would get into the Arsenal squad?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Look, here it is:

Not on that showing against Southampton you haven't.

Honestly now, how many Southampton players could you name or know anything about? And how many would get into the Arsenal squad?

All of them

and the tea lady
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down