JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Cup

2 posters

Go down

League Cup Empty League Cup

Post  jpr60 Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:17 am

Not that important of course but a match at White Hart Lane is always a must-win and we need a boost after a couple of disappointing performances, so come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

League Cup Empty Re: League Cup

Post  jpr60 Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:23 am

It's amazing how a win makes the following day that much nicer, the sun that much brighter and the step that much lighter ("I feel pretty and witty and gay")!
It certainly wasn't a great match (but Tottingham v Arsenal matches are rarely good football-wise), we gave away a goal through poor defending (Debuchy, who had a poor game leaving the door wide open although I reckon Ospina should have more of a gob on him to make sure Chambers doesn't do something silly) but it was great to see an Arsenal player with that enthusiasm to do his work and more - step forward Mathieu Flamini! His first was a fox-in-the-box goal, an Ian Wright goal, the sort of goal we don't often score because we don't usually have someone sniffing around in the box to take an opportunistic chance. His second was a blinder, again following up with the attack and meeting a high ball on the volley to smash home - brilliant!
By that stage we'd brought on Alexis and, although he's not on top of his game right now his enthusiasm shone through and woke us up. Poor old Giroud had no support whatsoever, our midfield for the most part was non-existent and Campbell and Debuchy on the right were, overall poor. Mertesacker and Chambers were fine in the centre of defence and Gibbs did well too, especially that header off the line from old what's-is-names shot! So, here we go, here we go, eh? Sheffield Wednesday at their's up next? I hope Flamini's playing!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:35 am

From what I read you were just lucky....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:33 pm

I can accept that from a Spud Frenchie but I do rather question your reading matter. Ne'er mind, onwards and upwards, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down