JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City

+6
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
Bedshammer
villainies
QBVILLA
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Man City Empty Man City

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:07 am

Whats up guys our boards have been a bit quiet lately?

Anyway whats everyones predictions for tonight, I'm looking forward to it but reckon we will get turned over No

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Man City Empty Re: Man City

Post  Guest Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:23 am

Neither team has drawn a game so far this season - so I reckon that will end tonight

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:42 am

I've gone 1-1 in the prediction league but i fear we could end up getting tonked.Barry is almost guaranteed to stick one it at the Holte.I'm hoping he gets a decent reception, but i'd be surprised if he does.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 am

Barry played over 400 games for the club and brought in our equal best fee

He owes Villa nothing

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:17 am

I reckon he will be roundly booed with every touch of the ball, I'll certainly be waving at him alot :hj:

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:31 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I reckon he will be roundly booed with every touch of the ball, I'll certainly be waving at him alot :hj:

Do you reckon he'll be booed? I hope he doesn't No I think would reflect very badly on our fans.

3-1 Man City
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 am

It's not the fact that players go that's the problem, it's the fans perception of how and why.

For example, Ince, Defoe, Lampard & Bellamy will always get a hostile reception at the Boleyn Ground. But just this season I've seen cheers for Benayoun, Konchesky & Pantsil, and I can think of a number of ex Hammers who'd get a good reception.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:43 am

yes because he is a greedy tnuc, and before everyone starts slagging off all fans tomorrow I would suggest that anyone who doesn't want him to be booed should go and buy a ticket for tonight and show support in what ever fashion they like, if not then i don't want to whole fans are disgusting debate tomorrow. :fishing:

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:46 am

Only the idiots would boo a player who'd played over 400 games for the club and has been our best player for over a decadewouldn't they?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:01 pm

villainies wrote:Only the idiots would boo a player who'd played over 400 games for the club and has been our best player for over a decadewouldn't they?

I'll have to confess to being an idiot then, hope you don't take offence if I call you a twat :chug:

For me Barry was an excellent player, however the way he delt with the whole Liverpool saga showed what a complete twat he is, his tactics, comments made to the papers but not handing in a transfer request so that he still got his bonus, what a tnuc. I still wanted him to stay because he was a quality player but at the same time I maintaned that he was a twat. And at the end of all that he turns his back on his 'dream' move to liverpool for champions league football and goes to Man City for money. I remember a statement by him after the Liverpool fiasco something along the lines of 'My dream is to play in the champions league, if Villa was in the champions league I would never think of leaving ans I wouldn't leave for a club not already there, that is the only reason I wanted to leave' fair enough he is a quality player who deserves his chance at the top level, the way he went about getting it was still cuntish. And after all that to go to Man City, hhmmmm. They might well be in the champions league in a couple of seasons but I'll bet by then they will replace barry for a £30m midfielder and he will never realise his dream, money grabbing, unloyal, sell out tnuc.

Ive paid 10's thousands pounds following Villa in the last decade, I'll fucking call the tnuc a tnuc tonight If i fucking want!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
villainies wrote:Only the idiots would boo a player who'd played over 400 games for the club and has been our best player for over a decadewouldn't they?

I'll have to confess to being an idiot then, hope you don't take offence if I call you a twat :chug:

For me Barry was an excellent player, however the way he delt with the whole Liverpool saga showed what a complete twat he is, his tactics, comments made to the papers but not handing in a transfer request so that he still got his bonus, what a tnuc. I still wanted him to stay because he was a quality player but at the same time I maintaned that he was a twat. And at the end of all that he turns his back on his 'dream' move to liverpool for champions league football and goes to Man City for money. I remember a statement by him after the Liverpool fiasco something along the lines of 'My dream is to play in the champions league, if Villa was in the champions league I would never think of leaving ans I wouldn't leave for a club not already there, that is the only reason I wanted to leave' fair enough he is a quality player who deserves his chance at the top level, the way he went about getting it was still cuntish. And after all that to go to Man City, hhmmmm. They might well be in the champions league in a couple of seasons but I'll bet by then they will replace barry for a £30m midfielder and he will never realise his dream, money grabbing, unloyal, sell out tnuc.

Ive paid 10's thousands pounds following Villa in the last decade, I'll fucking call the tnuc a tnuc tonight If i fucking want!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go back through previous posts you would see that I agreed with you on the way he handled the whole transfer first with Liverpool then with Man City. He certainly hasn't covered himself in glory but neither does he deserve to be booed by the fans of a club he's given so much good service too IMO. In fact I think its quite sad that grown men will boo a player every time he touches the ball for essentially moving on instead of giving him a round of applause at the start of the match then cheering on the Villa to beat his new club.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:14 pm

villainies wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

If you go back through previous posts you would see that I agreed with you on the way he handled the whole transfer first with Liverpool then with Man City. He certainly hasn't covered himself in glory but neither does he deserve to be booed by the fans of a club he's given so much good service too IMO. In fact I think its quite sad that grown men will boo a player every time he touches the ball for essentially moving on instead of giving him a round of applause at the start of the match then cheering on the Villa to beat his new club.

I'm pretty sure he has been paid very well for all his good service, I'll take a bet that he lived a very comftable life on giving that good service, but thats in the past now, it has no bearing on now, and he has been paid for it. I'll boo him for the way he acted, not because of his service, I'll also cheer the team in to victory (i hope) but that doesnt me bounce an I cant laugh my fucking head off if one of our players breaks his leg Mark cyclops

There will be those who share your view tonight, if you want there opinion to come over stronger then mine then your welcome to buy a ticket and come and sing 'We love you barry, you are the love of my life' while I hurl. If not then we shall take it that the majority hate the tnuc. bounce

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:52 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I've gone 1-1 in the prediction league but i fear we could end up getting tonked.Barry is almost guaranteed to stick one it at the Holte.I'm hoping he gets a decent reception, but i'd be surprised if he does.

Miserable git Basketball

Looking forward to tonights game.. after 90minutes we will see what our season has in store for us..

2-1 Villa cheers
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:56 pm

villainies wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

I think it is quite sad someone dancing in the kitchen to Michael Jackson, but whatever floats your boat :hj: . Give him a massive boo from me AVFC, the guy handled himself disgracefully and hope he plays shite and we give them a tonking. If he had gone to a champions league team, I wouldnt have had a problem, but to spout the shite that he did and then go to a team not even in europe is bollocks.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:30 pm

I put £3 on Agbonlahor scoring a hat trick, so you feckers better win.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I put £3 on Agbonlahor scoring a hat trick, so you feckers better win.

More chance of you working full time than Gabby getting a hat trick
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I put £3 on Agbonlahor scoring a hat trick, so you feckers better win.

thats the last you seen of that 3 quid

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:48 pm

4-3 to Villa

Barry to score a hat trick and then score an o.g. in the 98th minute bounce
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:10 pm

1)I'm still occasionally having trouble getting on this board so if that's the same for everyone it might explain why the 'boards have been a bit quiet'.
2)Booing and jeering at former players is a reflection of how much respect that player has earned during the time he played. Take The Arsenal and ManC. Kolo Toure, always gave everything for his club and team-mates - loads of respect.
Adebayor ? Gave us one good season, became a self-appointed star and spoke of his imminent departure to Barcelona/AC Milan then stayed - had the nerve to kiss the badge in a pre-season tournament then proceeded to stroll around (having engineered himself a wage-hike), must have been offside a million times, scored one very good goal but generally turned everyone off. When he finally left he bad-mouthed the Arsenal support - then acts all hurt when he got bollocked by the travelling fans at Eastlands - absolutely no respect whatsoever, the man is a cnut pure and simple.
As ManC leap on the Chelsea bandwagon (you know, 'buy him, we'll have two of them' etc) IMO I hope you stuff them Villa - get in!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:07 pm

Great game to watch, thought the lads worked their socks off even when the quality was sometimes lacking.
Dunne was immense, great goal, great defending and was all round brilliant. The two new CB`s look like theyve been together years and instead of hoofing at it clear, almost always found a teamate.
Only complaint was we didnt work their keeper anyway near enough and Emile seems to be getting slowly worse with age.
City look good, but we coped with all they had, Barry was clearly rattled by the reception and looked very harassed clearly man marking Dunne at corners wasnt helping.

Very good point, wished we held out for all three!

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:19 pm

I really enjoyed that game, played in a good spirit and thought the effort of every Villa player was superb. Dunne was absolutely brilliant, Lion, if you were watching, you would realise we have got a top player there. Man City are a good team and Bellamy was class, as was Ireland when he came on. Think a draw was a fair result. Maybe we didnt work the keeper too much, but I thought we attacked well and played some attractive football.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Luton

We didn´t get the game live here because Benfica are playing tonight

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:27 pm

I do hope Lion watched the game tonight, Dunne was up against Adebayor, Tevez, Bellamy and Santa Cruz tonight and won everything on the floor and in the air.He calmly passed out from the back was very composed and scored a goal, could have should have had two. Laursen who???

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:28 pm

You missed a defensive masterclass Lion.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:33 pm

Lion

I think you are still thinking of Dunne when he was a lot younger. Keegan was an analyst and said he wanted rid of him when he first went to Man City as bad attitude and a stone overweight. He says his attitude has totally changed and you could see from the way the Man City players were after the game showed they thought a lot of him. He is certainly a better defender IMHO than Lescott and I prefer him to Toure. That said, Collin was excellent again and also unlucky not to score. Some of the football tonight was excellent, I didnt see the Liverpool game earlier in the season, but that is most impressive performance I have seen for a long time.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next