JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its a funny old game

+4
jak
villanfromluton
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Finn
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Its a funny old game - Page 2 Empty Re: Its a funny old game

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:24 am

It was a definite dive, but also Carsley was stupid to slid in like that in the area, and to be fair, if Ngog had just carried on running he would have tripped over his leg.

Was gutted for Blues that they didn't manage to hold out, as it's always funny to see Liverpool lose. However at least this way Benitez will stay in a job for longer which surely is good.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:03 am

roadoftrinity wrote:It was a definite dive, but also Carsley was stupid to slid in like that in the area, and to be fair, if Ngog had just carried on running he would have tripped over his leg.

Was gutted for Blues that they didn't manage to hold out, as it's always funny to see Liverpool lose. However at least this way Benitez will stay in a job for longer which surely is good.

It was no lose for us Villa fans last night.If Liverpool won we could laugh at our neighbours.If they drew or lost we stayed above them in 5th spot.Marvellous stuff.I watched the 2nd half and whilst Liverpoo had plenty of chances they didn't really work Hart.The penalty decision was a disgrace, but hey it was at Anfield, it's not as if it's a big surprise
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:41 pm

[quote="jak"][quote="Ezekiel 25"][quote="jak"]Absolute blatant dive saved Liverpool. They should review things like this after the game and dish out severe punishment. Diving can be driven out of the English game.
Still, a draw for Birmingham is a great result and Benitez's ruddy cheeks told the tale of a man under pressure.
Birmingham could not hold onto the ball at all tonight. They surrendered possession so easily, time after time. Yet the Scousers still needed to cheat to get a draw. This is a disjointed Liverpool side and the man who built it will not be there for too long now at this rate.[/quote]

I say give him a two match ban and then rescind it on appeal.[/quote]

The thing with me, unlike you, Jesus. Is that [size=18][color=red]I would apply the same rules to all sides and if an Arsenal player did that I would hope he was punished too. As a football enthusiast, I think this type of thing is ruining our game.[/quote][/size][/color]

Fair comment, has to be said ref's are coming under enormous pressure, when Carsley confronted the ref after the foul asking why he hadn't been booked for the foul, if it was a foul, ref looked void of any response, doubt he knew what the time of day was, personally i think they go into a kind of shock mode once they have made these decisions in order to protect them from the abuse that's winging its way in. ( put yourself in there place and imagine you have some guy so close you can smell his breath, eyeballing you, screaming, not an easy job)

They need support not only to make the right decisions but to protect them from players, managers etc.

Agree with the point also about the fact had the Liverpool player carried on in his normal stride he would have been tripped, Carsley was so late it was laughable, any player sliding into a tackle inside his own box has got to be 100% sure he's bang on and has the ability to carry it out otherwise your courting disaster and that's what the player did.

The kind of decision ref's have to get right are such as the Beye tackle for Villa v West Ham where he clearly touched the ball first, ref gave a penalty, that's were they need support.

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Would be good if you lot started wolloping the other teams in the bottom half, do us a favour for a change Embarassed
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:59 pm

This copy off a Bin Dippers message board proves that the scousers have a well honed sense of humour:

"listening to it on the radio, it didn't look like a dive to me"

scratch
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Finn wrote:This copy off a Bin Dippers message board proves that the scousers have a well honed sense of humour:

scratch

Very Happy

That was probably one of the more intelligent posts Finn, was a disgrace. Some twat on the way home tonight was on radio saying they would have beaten you without the penalty
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Have to say the demise of that club is something to be applauded by all of us.
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Finn wrote:This copy off a Bin Dippers message board proves that the scousers have a well honed sense of humour:

scratch

Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2