JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabregas

+5
jpr60
MrMagoo
roadoftrinity
jak
villainies
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fabregas Empty Fabregas

Post  villainies Wed May 19, 2010 8:22 am

Looks fairly certain to leave this summer. How will Wenger plug the gap?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8690067.stm
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Fabregas Empty Re: Fabregas

Post  jak Wed May 19, 2010 8:38 am

Huh Huh Huh

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed May 19, 2010 8:43 am

Steve Sidwell?

Seriously though, Fabragas will be near on impossible to replace, the game again us just showed his quality, pretty poor game up until half time, he comes on and completely changes it. Superb player but think he will be off.

Wenger has replaced them before though, maybe he can do it again.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 am

Looks certain he will leave now and the only question will be how much.

When you take into account that Ronaldo went for 80 million, there is no way that Barca will get him for 30 million.

What kind of deal will you Arsenal fans be happy with? Straight cash or player + cash deal?
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed May 19, 2010 9:03 am

The problem for all parties is the dosh.
Barcelona are paying Valencia 40 million € for David Villa.
Henry is off. They are trying to move on Ibrahimovic.
The press have also said that Xavi might go, though Barca have denied this.
They will need to cough up £50m for Cesc and I cannot see Arsenal accepting less
and why should they for a player under long term contract.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed May 19, 2010 9:04 am

MrMagoo wrote:Looks certain he will leave now and the only question will be how much.

When you take into account that Ronaldo went for 80 million, there is no way that Barca will get him for 30 million.

What kind of deal will you Arsenal fans be happy with? Straight cash or player + cash deal?

I don't want YaYa at Arsenal.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 19, 2010 9:04 am

roadoftrinity wrote:Steve Sidwell?

Seriously though, Fabragas will be near on impossible to replace, the game again us just showed his quality, pretty poor game up until half time, he comes on and completely changes it. Superb player but think he will be off.

Wenger has replaced them before though, maybe he can do it again.

When Wenger allowed players to leave before it was because he felt they were past their respective bests, which turned out to be true in almost every case (Hleb & Flamini, had they stayed would have had a couple of seasons in them but one didn't want to be kicked around any more, the other wanted to be a star). Were Fabregas to leave it would be to give his best years to another club, Barca when, having brought him on through callow youth into the top player he is today Wenger might have hoped to have retained his services for another 3 or so years, hence the 8-year contract he is currently half-way through. IMO Fabregas is irreplaceable, assuming we can't get our hands on the two genies currently holding down the midfield berths at Barca, so were he to go Wenger would virtually have to re-start his team building. We've got Ramsey, Nasri and Arshavin so there's some football left but individually we'd be without the driving force with vision that is our current captain. A sad day indeed - which might herald further changes at The Grove in the not-too-distant future, I fear!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 am

Am I the only one confused as to why Barca would want him? They have the two best central midfielders in the world already playing for them.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 19, 2010 9:17 am

jak wrote:
MrMagoo wrote:Looks certain he will leave now and the only question will be how much.

JAK..why would you not want Yaya?

I think Arsenal realistically will get 30M plus Yaya Toure..

Think he is an excellent player and the sort of bully Arsenal are missing.. throw in van Der Vaart to play next to him and atleast it softens the blow.. Fab is irreplacable but you still have to pick a team of players for the start of next season.. Toure and Van Der Vaart would be excellent in the middle i think..

I know it wont happen but if Milner was to go anywhere i would want it to be Arsenal.. Milner Toure Van Der Vaart in the middle wiht Arshavin Van Persie Chamackh upfront looks excting to me..

Dont think you have the funds to buy Milner thou..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 19, 2010 9:18 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Am I the only one confused as to why Barca would want him? They have the two best central midfielders in the world already playing for them.

There probably thinking if one of them gets injured they have the players to cover.. plus Fabregas will become even better at Barcelona and they will most likely move Ineista out wide left to replace Henry..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19, 2010 9:20 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Am I the only one confused as to why Barca would want him? They have the two best central midfielders in the world already playing for them.

There probably thinking if one of them gets injured they have the players to cover.. plus Fabregas will become even better at Barcelona and they will most likely move Ineista out wide left to replace Henry..

Iniesta wouldn't move out to the left - Pedro has played there this season and scored over 20 goals.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 19, 2010 9:22 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Iniesta wouldn't move out to the left - Pedro has played there this scored and scored over 20 goals.

Thats how i think they might go thou.. plus if they get David Villa they will look frightening.. Mourinhio will have a job on his hands trying to wrestle the title back of them..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Iniesta wouldn't move out to the left - Pedro has played there this scored and scored over 20 goals.

Thats how i think they might go thou.. plus if they get David Villa they will look frightening.. Mourinhio will have a job on his hands trying to wrestle the title back of them..

Stevie Wonder could see that there's no way you can break up the Iniesta/Xavi partnership. If Iniesta had been playing against Inter, they would have won with no trouble at all. Can't see Fabregas playing the Toure role either.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed May 19, 2010 9:28 am

Stevie Wonder could see that there's no way you can break up the Iniesta/Xavi partnership. If Iniesta had been playing against Inter, they would have won with no trouble at all. Can't see Fabregas playing the Toure role either.

Well Stevie Wonder obviously thinks is worth paying over 30 million pounds to sign him, so maybe he can see something that you cant.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 19, 2010 10:14 am

roadoftrinity wrote:

Well Stevie Wonder obviously thinks is worth paying over 30 million pounds to sign him, so maybe he can see something that you cant.

And Stevie Wonder is the only man ever to win 6 trophies in one calendar year.. and all in his first season as manager..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed May 19, 2010 9:20 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:

Woohoo Woohoo Woohoo

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed May 19, 2010 9:23 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
jak wrote:

JAK..why would you not want Yaya?

I think Arsenal realistically will get 30M plus Yaya Toure..

Think he is an excellent player and the sort of bully Arsenal are missing.. throw in van Der Vaart to play next to him and atleast it softens the blow.. Fab is irreplacable but you still have to pick a team of players for the start of next season.. Toure and Van Der Vaart would be excellent in the middle i think..

I know it wont happen but if Milner was to go anywhere i would want it to be Arsenal.. Milner Toure Van Der Vaart in the middle wiht Arshavin Van Persie Chamackh upfront looks excting to me..

Dont think you have the funds to buy Milner thou..

I just don't think YaYa will be that good in the PL.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu May 20, 2010 12:09 am

Fair enough.. but looks the type who will settle well in the prem.. i would get him in and look to get someone like van der vaart to play next to him..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:57 am

He was looking pretty cosy in that Barca shirt the other night. Very Happy
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:02 pm

villainies wrote:He was looking pretty cosy in that Barca shirt the other night. Very Happy

Leatherman
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:07 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Iniesta wouldn't move out to the left - Pedro has played there this season and scored over 20 goals.

Where was it Iniesta was playing for Spain the other night? Looks like Ades may have called this right and Jesus has made himself look a bit of a twat again
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:17 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Where was it Iniesta was playing for Spain the other night? Looks like Ades may have called this right and Jesus has made himself look a bit of a twat again

What the feck has that got to do with anything? Spain play a completely different system to Barca, and Villa was cutting in from the left for the most of the tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:34 pm

They dont play a completely different style from what I have seen. They played one up front last season, with two coming from wide, just like Spain did.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:38 pm

The two coming in from out wide being Pedro and Messi, with Xavi and Iniesta pulling the strings from the middle.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:The two coming in from out wide being Pedro and Messi, with Xavi and Iniesta pulling the strings from the middle.

So are you now backtracking re a completely different system Rolling Eyes

Ades said that he can say Iniesta playing from the left, I merely said that is where he played for Spain in the final. If you dont understand that, get one of the kids you are looking after to post on your behalf. By the way, I have to get back to work in a minute Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next