JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabregas

4 posters

Go down

Fabregas Empty Fabregas

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Will selling Fabregas have the same effect on Aresnal that selling Xavi Allonso did to Liverpool ??

OR do you think you will be able to ride out the loss better ?
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Fabregas Empty Re: Fabregas

Post  jpr60 Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:57 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Will selling Fabregas have the same effect on Aresnal that selling Xavi Allonso did to Liverpool ??

Whilst I'd love Cesc to stay, be fit and have a great season with The Arsenal I think we've got used to not having him in the side on a regular basis - last season he was out for several spells and even when he was in he didn't always look match fit. So I don't think his moving back to Barca will make too much difference to how we play. There's a train of thought that says the player/s coming in will be better able to work hard and show off their talents, without relying on Captain Cesc being there to lend a hand - we'll see. As I say, I'd rather he stayed, provided his head is right and he wants to keep doing it for The Arsenal.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:Will selling Fabregas have the same effect on Aresnal that selling Xavi Allonso did to Liverpool ??

Whilst I'd love Cesc to stay, be fit and have a great season with The Arsenal I think we've got used to not having him in the side on a regular basis - last season he was out for several spells and even when he was in he didn't always look match fit. So I don't think his moving back to Barca will make too much difference to how we play. There's a train of thought that says the player/s coming in will be better able to work hard and show off their talents, without relying on Captain Cesc being there to lend a hand - we'll see. As I say, I'd rather he stayed, provided his head is right and he wants to keep doing it for The Arsenal.

Absolutely!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Losing Nasri as well will though, surely
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:15 pm

Nasri is a big disappointment to me. He typifies a major problem for clubs and their fans these days.
Wenger brought him to The Arsenal, persevered with him and for the first half of last season he showed us that he could be a very useful player indeed. He suffered an injury and then returned to the team in the latter part of the season, never capturing his early form and indeed missing some golden chances at a vital part of the end play.
Now he thinks, on the basis of that half season, that he's good enough to virtually blackmail the club into paying him more than any other player in the club.
This is Adebayoresque in the extreme. Look what happened with that braided headbanger.
Nasri should show some gratitude for the loyalty that The Arsenal have shown him. It's not as if he's been offered a pittance to sign a new contract and I'm sure that he could have negotiated performance related reviews within the contract.
No, he's another fecking mercenary who doesn't give a monkeys about the club or it's fans. You'll get no real passion from a player like this, he'll give no blood for the team and we've had too many like that over the past few years, that's why we've won feck all.
If Nasri wants off, let him go!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 pm

I know what you mean Jak. I have no problems with Ashley Young moving, has given the club good service and deserves the chance of playing for a top team. Downing is different. Villa bought him when he was on crutches and he was never really fully fit the first season after missing the first few months. Last season was our best player, but owes the club another season IMHO. Nasri looked superb when Fabregas was out injured last season and will be a big loss
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:32 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I know what you mean Jak. I have no problems with Ashley Young moving, has given the club good service and deserves the chance of playing for a top team. Downing is different. Villa bought him when he was on crutches and he was never really fully fit the first season after missing the first few months. Last season was our best player, but owes the club another season IMHO. Nasri looked superb when Fabregas was out injured last season and will be a big loss

There's no real loyalty in football, no love for the club. I've seen players, not the best in the world, giving their all for their club and the fans. Now there are too many players, Prima Donnas, who are only passing through, orchestrating their next move assisted by their Dick Dastardly, slimeball agents.
It's one reason why football is losing it's magic.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Totally agree. Ian Taylor was never a great player, but is revered at the club for his attitude, same with Mellberg. It is a shame when you see players moving not really to further their career, but for more money, when they get more than enough already.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Absolutely!!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:48 pm

James Milner to me was on the verge of becoming a top top central midfielder, but chose to move to a club where he rarely gets a game in his best position. He does a job on the wing, but nowhere near as influential,
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:12 pm

Yep. He took the Sheikhs shilling. A footballers career is relatively short and I'm sure some of these players will look back with regret, from a footballing point of view, when their playing days are over. So many have been prepared to sit out half their playing career on the bench because they've jumped for the dough.
I agree with you that Milner was a mug to go to Man. City.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down