JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabregas

+5
jak
jpr60
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Bedshammer
villanfromluton
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fabregas Empty Fabregas

Post  villanfromluton Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Havent seen it, but read that he made a horror challenge last night. Any views old boys, should he be hung drawn and quartered like the other villains?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Fabregas Empty Re: Fabregas

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Villan? When did you guys sign him?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:17 pm

It was stupid and mis-timed, not malicious. A red every time though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:19 pm

badly timed but I didnt think it was that bad tbh, seen worst (terry on milner in fa cup for instance)

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:37 pm

As I said, I havent seen it, but have read comments that it was poor and deserved a red card.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Fabregas slid in to block the ball as it was being played, he connected with the ball but the follow-through tangle of legs resulted in the player being injured - a gashed leg apparently. Fabregas clearly went for the ball and I was surpised that the ref stopped play and issued a card, but there we are.
"Arsenal Player In Horror Tackle" tackle is a more catching headline than "Karl Henry goes over the ball, studs up on Arshavin" (first half) or "Milijas stamps on Song" (second half - although I do believe that it was accidental, unlike the Henry lunge earlier). Funnily enough it was only the Fabregas "Horror Tackle" that got a mention.
I understand Alan "I used to be a top centre-back but never kicked anyone, unlike all other defenders - I now wear makeup on TV and have never recovered from Arsenal beating us at Anfield in '89" Hansen made the point that Fabregas should have been red-carded, whilst saying the two-footed Essien tackle against Fulham only deserved a yellow. You couldn't make this type of sh!te up! scratch

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:33 pm

I look forward to seeing the fair challenge that even prompted Wenger to apologise Very Happy . As you say JPR, you couldnt make this type of shite up
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:48 pm

I never saw it.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:57 pm

jak wrote:I never saw it.

Linesman in your way as well?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:02 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
jak wrote:I never saw it.

Linesman in your way as well?

No, you don't get a very good view from Spain, particularly on the radio. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:45 am

villanfromluton wrote:I look forward to seeing the fair challenge that even prompted Wenger to apologise Very Happy . As you say JPR, you couldnt make this type of shite up

Wenger expressed concern for the player, asked how he was and was told he was OK, a couple of stitches, should be in the team for the next game. For chrissake, the guy's a gentleman!
Fabregas called into the changing room, apologised for injuring the player - clearly unintentional - apology accepted.
As I said, the headline is yet another dose of media shIte that we could all do without.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:56 am

So thats Wilshere (twice) and Fabregas who have done very poor challenges this season, bunch of hackers eh.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:33 am

villanfromluton wrote:So thats Wilshere (twice) and Fabregas who have done very poor challenges this season, bunch of hackers eh.

Computers? Where do they come into it? Shocked

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:05 am

jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:I look forward to seeing the fair challenge that even prompted Wenger to apologise Very Happy . As you say JPR, you couldnt make this type of shite up

Wenger expressed concern for the player, asked how he was and was told he was OK, a couple of stitches, should be in the team for the next game. For chrissake, the guy's a gentleman!
Fabregas called into the changing room, apologised for injuring the player - clearly unintentional - apology accepted.
As I said, the headline is yet another dose of media shIte that we could all do without.

How do you know Taylor and Shawcross intentionally injured Eduardo and Ramsay? i thought Wenger's argument was about players going recklessly into challenges.Both Wilshere and now Fabregas have now been guilty of this this season.Wenger got on his soapbox, with justification but he now needs to get his own house in order.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:27 am

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

How do you know Taylor and Shawcross intentionally injured Eduardo and Ramsay? i thought Wenger's argument was about players going recklessly into challenges.Both Wilshere and now Fabregas have now been guilty of this this season.Wenger got on his soapbox, with justification but he now needs to get his own house in order.

As has been said before you're never going to avoid damage when there's physical contact. Reckless challenges, which Jack Wilshere has been involved in (and punished for) should be avoided - the Fabregas block was not reckless, IMO, he went in to block the ball, the ball was the target and he hit the target, it was the follow-through mess of legs which resulted in the damage. The difference between that and the thoughtless, brutal attack by Taylor which wrecked Eduardo, the gung-ho thuggery of Shawcross (who's done the same thing on at least three occasions as far as I know - Jeffers, Adebayor and Ramsey) and that other Sunderland cnut who may yet have screwed up Diaby's future - he's currently undergoing tests to see if more surgery will help him recover fully - should be quite clear to everyone who has the good of football at heart.
To use "Arsenal Star In Horror Tackle" as a means of defence for players (and managers?) who go about their business intimidating others is just a touch easy IMO - unfortunately comments from the likes of Alan Hansen don't help much either.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:40 am

Tackle is here for those that haven't seen in, on 7:00.

It is a bit wreckless if you ask me but nothing to bad, however if it was Henry for example on an Arsenal player, and the Arsenal players leg's got caught under the leg as could have easily happened, I am pretty sure Wenger would have seen it.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/wolves-arsenal-motd-7511874/

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:41 am

The ball was about 2 foot in front of the player before Fabregas took his legs out. If the Wolves player's foot was grounded, it would've snapped his leg clean in two. Like I said, a late stupid challenge, not malicious. But you really can't have double standards over these things.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Was a very rash challenge.. when u lunge like that towards a player there is a very good chance you can take him out.. in this day an age it was a red card offence..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Dirty bastrad Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:00 pm

I wonder why they didn't analyse the Henry over-the-ball studs-up challenge on Arshavin in the first half though. I wonder why they didn't think to show the stamp on Song in the second half. Both times the players were left injured, both had treatment, but MOTD didn't see fit to even include those incidents in their highlights, let alone analyse them.
As I've said already, it suits some to overlook the obvious and try to point the finger elsewhere -"Ooh look, shock horror, that nasty Arsenal team are fouling people". It's all very well for McCarthy to say bad tackles are OK - his captain dishes them (and worse) out every match. Arsenal's captain certainly isn't perfect but doesn't deserve to be held up as a dirty player. We know who the dirty players are, why don't we simply do something about them rather than just ignore them?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:The ball was about 2 foot in front of the player before Fabregas took his legs out. If the Wolves player's foot was grounded, it would've snapped his leg clean in two. Like I said, a late stupid challenge, not malicious. But you really can't have double standards over these things.

IF's a big word. Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Dirty fceker, hypocrites Mad . Even Graham Poll says it was a shocking challenge
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:03 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Dirty fceker, hypocrites Mad . Even Graham Poll says it was a shocking challenge

Well. Who can argue with Graham? I mean he's never been wrong, has he? Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:05 pm

It was a poor challenge mate, if it had been the opposition player on Fabregas you and your old codger mate would be throwing your jimmer frames in disgust at the communal telly in the care home
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:20 pm

villanfromluton wrote:It was a poor challenge mate, if it had been the opposition player on Fabregas you and your old codger mate would be throwing your jimmer frames in disgust at the communal telly in the care home

Did I say it wasn't a poor challenge? I don't think so. Oh and listen silly bollocks, what the feck is a 'jimmer' frame?
Is it something Scottish? You've been quiet lately, you aint had yer wings clipped have yer? Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next